Author Topic: Blair SUP - WaveRod - Honesty and Ethics?  (Read 87090 times)

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blair SUP - WaveRod - Honesty and Ethics?
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
That SUSurfer should have his ass beaten for that wave!  That is such a f*** kook move that it is ridiculous.  Of course, if the shacked surfer had been hopping SUSurfer all morning... maybe a different story... but the beach, the lineup, and everyone else who saw that move would likely not know the backstory either.  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

SL
Relax! If you look @ the sequence, you will see that the surfer in the box was happy to see me, see him, in the barrel. He was stoked, not pissed! Dont worry, I share more than I take, for the sake of our good name"stand up paddle boarders." I dont want people to hate us. We already have more fun than anybody else out there!
http://www.uniquemediadesign.com/galleries/surfing-surf-city-pier-4-15-09/

Deb

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
I may be way out in left field on this, but the wave most recent photo looks to be breaking in a very unusual way between the two surfers. Hmm ....

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
The SUSurfer crumbled the wave... that is why it looks like two waves.  I should probably relax... but I was shortboarding most of the weekend so I am more aggro than ALHOA at this point... Maybe by the end of the week I will be able to share in the spirit of the ALOHA of the SUSurfer completely ruining a potential in and out barrel for the shortboarder... but right now, I just see a greedy SUSurfer who completely hosed a shortboarder.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

CHill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Ohana Paddle Sports
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
NEXLVL  or should I say Mike,
1st you should not have droped in on Gus but I guess you could be glad it wasnt Humpy

2nd thats not your peak as stated in another thread its Joeys always has been and always will be

3rd I will be giving you plenty of crap for calling yourself NEXLVL the PFD thing will be laid to rest thanks for the ammo

4th where were you at sat morning the inlet was firing at double overhead + just me and soulman and a couple people joined us later in the morning, that sUP is great for exploring when we have swell get out and look

Chris

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Okay, ... I just realized that I can get out in the water on my new (to me) 8'0" SubVector tonight.  I am stoked.  It's all good.  Glad you were having fun, glad he was having fun.  Peace, love and Bobby Sherman.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
i just saw this add in long island craigs list.

byrondesign

Re: Blair SUP - SUP Drop In
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »
As far as the pic of NXLVL dropping in on the shoulder of the short boarder in the barrel goes, no matter what the back story is, it makes SUPing look bad.

It's very easy to view a picture like that out of context. Maybe they are both bros and cool but when pics like that get posted or published, 99.9 percent of shortboarders are gonna have a very negative reaction to it.

Just something to think about...

See ya in the water, Byron

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
NEXLVL  or should I say Mike,
1st you should not have droped in on Gus but I guess you could be glad it wasnt Humpy

2nd thats not your peak as stated in another thread its Joeys always has been and always will be

3rd I will be giving you plenty of crap for calling yourself NEXLVL the PFD thing will be laid to rest thanks for the ammo

4th where were you at sat morning the inlet was firing at double overhead + just me and soulman and a couple people joined us later in the morning, that sUP is great for exploring when we have swell get out and look

Chris
1st- i didnt see guss & i felt bad, until he gave me that hell-yeah!

2nd- its my peak when joey & hump aint there, and im on the sup!=}

3rd- i like the pfd cracks better.

4th- had to work, got off @ 4 and went out at the pier catchin my own bombs. too bad though, no pics to prove. Thnx for the support chum!

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »
Okay, ... I just realized that I can get out in the water on my new (to me) 8'0" SubVector tonight.  I am stoked.  It's all good.  Glad you were having fun, glad he was having fun.  Peace, love and Bobby Sherman.

SL
8' subvector, really? I wanted the 9'3" but felt it was to much float (i weigh 150) Would love to hear about it unless we're talking about something other than C4 waterman.

CHill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Ohana Paddle Sports
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »
NXLVL,

I watched you catch a couple on sat afternoon and yes some were bombs. One left in paticular
I will give credit where credit is due and not all was great at the inlet I snapped my leash around noon and had to swim from the channel markers :D

Chris

JimMcIlvaine

• Waikiki Status
  • World's Longest Paddle?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2009, 06:56:04 AM »
Even though this thread seems to be straying, it's been linked on www.surfdalake.com

These boards could surface in our area at some point.

surftida

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »
This guy's here on Kauai and his boards have been largely ignored - not purchased - here. Word's out about his alleged rip-offs of Sean and Joe's boards.  Besides, Wave Rod/808 boards just seem tacky and plastic.  What comes around goes around...

Carlsbad Rich

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
Since I have 6, yes SIX,  Joe Blair stand up Boards for my SUP quiver, I would like to say a few words about  Joe.

The first time I met Joe four years ago, after seeing someone ripping on his board at PB Point in San Diego, I went up to his shop.  Never met him before, he gave me a board, and his parking pass to Cardiff State Beach, and said go try the board. Now thats aloha spirit. After paddle surfing for 2 hours, I came back and you can deduce the rest.

Joe is honest, hard working, down to earth, fair and really cares about customers getting a great board.

When  you surf his SUPs, it becomes very apparent that he puts his heart and soul into EVERY LITTLE ASPECT of the board to make it surf,rip, noseride,turn well,etc.

There is a thread about Noseriding on this website, and the blue and white Blair SUP in THIS thread is one of my Blair boards.  All I can say is this.... When you can paddle, catch a wave . walk up the nose, plant ten over, then keep padding while having ten over, I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE A GREAT NOSERIDER.  If you don't believe me, call me at 619-599-6490 and we'll meet IN PB or La Jolla and  you can go out on this board.  Fun !

Thank you Joe for your aloha and the great boards , especially the 8' 6" quad that rips, people are amazed  !!!

It really  sucks that  a hard working man, supporting his family just like you and me, gets  screwed by  someone else !

Brent Larkin

Nothin's changed, Joe even stopped by the beach and gave me a few tips, he is still stoked !

Joe  is the "Real Deal!", so refreshing in a world full of hype, bs and the internets, and boy does the board WORK!!!

Thanks again for helping me get started Joe!  Aloha!

Rich
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:33:47 PM by Carlsbad Rich »

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »
Look carefully at the wave it looks like a photoshop  to me  because the white water that is breaking is flat on the face of the wave and the  path of the sup seems to originate form the  right side of the picture  A wave that hollow wouldn't be  flat and rolling adjacent to where the sup rider is and the water color from the  right side of the sup is slightly different form  the short boarder forward to the sup   I think photoshop
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
Nah.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 27, 2024, 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin