Author Topic: Wingfoil board for supfoil?  (Read 10227 times)

Hwy1north

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wingfoil board for supfoil?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 02:09:05 PM »
I was a wave windsurfer before I really got into surfing.  My friends have reminded me over the years that I proclaimed "I love surfing, you only need one board!"  My wife asks how is it that my surf boards seem to multiply every year...

I bought a Kalama E3 5'10" for sup foiling and hoped it would work winging too.  At 86kg plus wetsuit, so lets say 200 lbs wet, it works great for sup foiling.  Not easy, though for Nor Cal conditions.  For winging it works just fine.  But I just bought a smaller wing board so I could enjoy winging again, like I did last year on a dedicated wing board that was too small for sup foiling. ;)

surfwingsteve

• Waikiki Status
  • Just get me to the sea
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 10:28:53 PM »
I wingfoil will work if you have the right paddling technique and have access to good non crowded spot. You can catch the white water with small boards, but I have not seen anybody catching an unbroken wave in an small board.
I have been trying to introduce some friends into sup foil, all with very good sup background. All that tried with wing boards failed and dropped the project.
If you want to get into sup foil get a proper board.
After 2 years, I'm going long and narrow, but it has been a process. Now I don't want something wider than 23,5, it does not matter the conditions.

You SUP a 23 wide board?!?!?!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, what are you 130lbs?

surfwingsteve

• Waikiki Status
  • Just get me to the sea
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 10:32:36 PM »
error
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 10:37:08 PM by surfwingsteve »

pafoil

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 05:18:22 AM »
I wingfoil will work if you have the right paddling technique and have access to good non crowded spot. You can catch the white water with small boards, but I have not seen anybody catching an unbroken wave in an small board.
I have been trying to introduce some friends into sup foil, all with very good sup background. All that tried with wing boards failed and dropped the project.
After 2 years, I'm going long and narrow, but it has been a process. Now I don't want something wider than 23,5, it does not matter the conditions.

I'm 180lbs. Foil forward in the box and center footstrap makes a big difference.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcZfXoIjqpV/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal