Author Topic: Zone Upgrade  (Read 47643 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Zone Upgrade
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2014, 05:31:55 AM »
Hi Creek,

No change on my end.  We use hardening on this server called modsec.  It is primarily designed to keep malicious behaviors down.  It looks for patterns of user behavior that it matches to known methods of gaining illegitimate site access and blocks those.  It works really well but also generates some very funny false positives.  I think and hope that is what was occurring here.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:11 AM »
I got pics on classified ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, you will want to post pics here http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?action=classifieds;sa=view;id=18 so that they show up on the classified page (there is an edit files and pictures link at the bottom of the page).  Direct forum posting of pics for classifieds will go away shortly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:12:16 AM by Admin »

Supmmm

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2014, 06:22:53 AM »
What happened to the classifieds this am.....did I miss something? There's only about 10 adds in there today?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2014, 06:30:19 AM »
What happened to the classifieds this am.....did I miss something? There's only about 10 adds in there today?

We have new software in place for that now.  The base location is here:  http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?action=classifieds .

Listings will now auto delete after 7 days.  This will also remove the associated forum post.  This will help reduce clutter and confusion in that area.

Here are the new guidelines:

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,23452.0.html

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
And of course they no longer exist on tapatalk! Can I post my windows no no Nokia tablet as a web surfer stand on? I want to crush it! LOL!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supthecreek

« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
could that be true?

A week long classified to sell a board costs $9.95 ?????????????

Did I miss something?

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »
could that be true?
A week long classified to sell a board costs $9.95 ?????????????
Did I miss something?
Really should run for 2-4 weeks if that the case. I couldn't imagine it being overcrowded if listings were removed after 4 weeks even if free listings. I would think having to sort through a little bit would be better than just a few. Not a crowded beach but not a barren desert either.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2014, 04:41:08 AM »
Sure, lets revamp that and go a bit further.  $3.95 for 14 days.  Brands, shapers, shops, team riders, ambassadors and such will need to email prior to posting classifieds.  We will have a separate rate for those users but this will give them an opportunity to post.  This will not include existing site sponsors (the service will remain free to them).

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 05:29:19 AM »
Hello Zoners, so I used the New Classified section yesterday to sell a couple QB Paddles. I wanted to share my experience and provide a couple tips and offer my suggestion to improve this Zone option. My add was for 2 different QB Paddles priced different and I offered to toss in a Dakine Paddle Bag if the buyer bought both paddles. Creating the classified ad was mostly a simple process, the fee was minimal, and I was surprised at how easy it was to upload the photos. Here is where things went a little south in the experience, the ad provides a “Buy It Now” button and you need to enter in a price while creating your ad, so I entered a price for one of the paddles, when I reviewed the ad, it appeared that this price was for both paddles and the bag, I quickly went into the ad to make the edit, but by the time I got into the ad, a guest on the site clicked the “Buy It Now” button and made a payment to me for the price I listed (which was for the one paddle). Now the buyer being a guest could not PM me so we had to communicate via email, which luckily we did rather quickly so I could inform him he paid for only 1 paddle and if he wanted both I needed more money. The other issue at this time was providing a shipping cost as I had not gotten a quote to ship these paddles to the buyer. So after several emails I managed to send him the cost of shipping plus the additional paddle. Now I was amazed at how quickly these paddles sold (trust me it was a fantastic deal so I knew they wouldn’t last but wow they sold within minutes) so the classified section is still a no-brainer to sell your SUP goods, but I wish the ad provided either an option to use or not use the “Buy It Now” button, or to provide multiple buy it now buttons so you could factor in multiple cost options (such as shipping, add on items, etc). I also think there needs to be some sort of filter or security option to allow only the registered Zoners to use the “Buy It Now” button option and/or some sort of better communication for Guests looking to make purchases (not that my sale had an issue with a guest, but I would have felt more confident in the process had it been a registered Zoner).
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2014, 06:12:21 AM »
Hi,

I apologize for issue with guests being able to bid or use buy it now.  That was not our intention and it is now corrected.  Guests can now view items but will need to register/log in to bid or use buy it now. 

The quick sale seems to be the norm for well priced items.  Many items are not making it a full hour :)

The buy it now button is optional.  If that option is left at the default of $0.00 no buy it now is available to buyers.

We do ask that each listing include all items that are being offered at the set price.  For instance if the listing shows a bag and board then the price should be for both items.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:14:20 AM by Admin »

baddog

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
Sure, lets revamp that and go a bit further.  $3.95 for 14 days.  Brands, shapers, shops, team riders, ambassadors and such will need to email prior to posting classifieds.  We will have a separate rate for those users but this will give them an opportunity to post.  This will not include existing site sponsors (the service will remain free to them).

Has the pricing changed for listing a board? When I 'select now' for listing a board, the price comes up at 9.95?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:13 AM »
Yes, it is currently $9.95.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2014, 06:12:41 AM »
Hello Zoners, so I used the New Classified section yesterday to sell a couple QB Paddles. I wanted to share my experience and provide a couple tips and offer my suggestion to improve this Zone option. My add was for 2 different QB Paddles priced different and I offered to toss in a Dakine Paddle Bag if the buyer bought both paddles. Creating the classified ad was mostly a simple process, the fee was minimal, and I was surprised at how easy it was to upload the photos. Here is where things went a little south in the experience, the ad provides a “Buy It Now” button and you need to enter in a price while creating your ad, so I entered a price for one of the paddles, when I reviewed the ad, it appeared that this price was for both paddles and the bag, I quickly went into the ad to make the edit, but by the time I got into the ad, a guest on the site clicked the “Buy It Now” button and made a payment to me for the price I listed (which was for the one paddle). Now the buyer being a guest could not PM me so we had to communicate via email, which luckily we did rather quickly so I could inform him he paid for only 1 paddle and if he wanted both I needed more money. The other issue at this time was providing a shipping cost as I had not gotten a quote to ship these paddles to the buyer. So after several emails I managed to send him the cost of shipping plus the additional paddle. Now I was amazed at how quickly these paddles sold (trust me it was a fantastic deal so I knew they wouldn’t last but wow they sold within minutes) so the classified section is still a no-brainer to sell your SUP goods, but I wish the ad provided either an option to use or not use the “Buy It Now” button, or to provide multiple buy it now buttons so you could factor in multiple cost options (such as shipping, add on items, etc). I also think there needs to be some sort of filter or security option to allow only the registered Zoners to use the “Buy It Now” button option and/or some sort of better communication for Guests looking to make purchases (not that my sale had an issue with a guest, but I would have felt more confident in the process had it been a registered Zoner).

I was the buyer.  I was logged in when I hit the buy it now button at least I am pretty sure I was.  Sorry I do not remember the exact details.  I wanted to buy both the paddles and went into "fix it" mode about contacting you when it only showed only the one price.  It was a very good deal that I wanted to make happen.  Everything went very smooth though and thank you.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »
No Worries Ninja Tuna...all went very well....I think it came thru as a Zoner Guest rather than your Zoner name or I wouldn't have second guessed the transaction. I'm chalking it up to Classified 101 training for me since it was my first time using the new classified section (used the older version several times as it wasn't as complicated), plus I should have listed them separately in case someone wanted to buy one and not the other.

I also got burned once using Distressed Mullet's classified so everyone be wary selling anything on that site (lots of scammers on that site)...always deal w paypal or cash.

Ninja T..I'm sure you and your son will be stoked !!

Enjoy !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2014, 06:44:27 AM »
Baddog..it was cheaper for the classified ad for the paddle section.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal