Author Topic: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread  (Read 75577 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread
« Reply #315 on: October 13, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
Brui,

I think that your brekki is too carb heavy... bananas are pure sugar, honey is, well, honey, granola is carbs waiting to be converted to sugar (or something like that), and milk is the same.

I would go eggs, instead of granola... half a banana and almond milk...

Good luck!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Brui

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
Thanks Tim!

I was eating bananas so it gives me the full stomach feeling, but yeah Im thinking to cut out the honey.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
Okay... drumroll please...

184.  Missed the goal by a pound. 

Current weight:  184.

Goal next week:  182.

Gotta get South of 180 before I have to put on a wetsuit... that will probably be in two weeks... last weekend was a little bit challenging in trunks and jacket...

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

SUP NINJA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
In the 16 last weeks I have lost a total of 13lbs. This morning I celebrated with this after my morning workout. Just FYI I am no longer on a Primal diet because.I was experiencing some really bad negative effects.

lakesurfer

« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
Ninja, curious as to why you quit the primal diet.  You were really rocking on it the last I knew.  Pm me if you don't want to say it here.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »
Ninja,

Please talk about the negative effects.  This is an exchange of ideas... not a bunch of guys saying "yes."

Thanks,

Tim

SUP NINJA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »
Ninja, curious as to why you quit the primal diet.  You were really rocking on it the last I knew.  Pm me if you don't want to say it here.

Theres no real short answer for this but I figured this out with trial and error. Here goes Primal diet is nothing NEW it was just renamed by Mark Scisson. Its techniques and principles was known well before Mark was still figuring out a name for Primal Blueprint. I have tinkered with this type of diet in the late 90's but backed then I used weight training as my primary source of exercise. So the results is a bit different.

The short is your body willl respond to any MACRONUTRIENT change for while. It will respond only because there has been a change in this NEW way your are feeding your body. Shortly after a few months things come to a screeching halt and nothing happens because your body has adpated to this new way of eating(primal blueprint).

Second thing that did happen was my activity level dropped. I stopped paddling. High fat becomes stored fat becoming more fat. Third thing I learned from this diet is it cannot be combined with complex carbs if your activity  level is NOT really intense. You will get even FATTER.

Ok this is not to shit on Primal Blueprint but to share my personal experience with Primal Bleuprint. REAl PEOPLE REAL RESULTS no B.S

Remember I said this is a short answer. There is more negative effects I experienced being on a high fat diet. Life is full of choices. Its up to the individual to live and learn from there experiences.

lakesurfer

« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing that in short with us.  What you described is something that I have been concerned with since winter is coming and I'll be off the lake until early spring pretty much.  I will confess that I never truly embraced the diet in whole, but it did change  the way that I eat, and I have seen great results with my new style of eating.  Went to the doctors today, and am down four more pounds.  I still eat sandwiches, rice and potatoes, but not nearly as much, and much more fresh veggies and better quality foods.

Glad you found out what will work for you, and I hope that you keep loosing or are able to maintain with what you are doing now.

That cake looks delicious by the way. ;D

SUP NINJA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
Lakesurfer,

Just FYI dieting,nutrition and training is not new to me. Its a passion of mine that has become a long life venture for me I eat sleep and crap this stuff. So when one person has success with only one method of dieting and he or she thinks they have become a GURU on the subject I just giveum one BIG SHAKA. In other words WHATEVAS.

For me I have practiced a certain method of dieting from my early 20's. Its called body typing. Its over 80 years of proven techniques. Over the years people with success on this type of dieting has just tweaked it towards there specific needs. Eventually calling it something else like Metabolic typing. You see there is alot of diets that revolve around this and the only thing that really changed is the name,preacher or the teacher who is speaking on the subject.

Another one that I have GREAT results with is CARB cycling. Other names would be hi lo carb days and zig zagging to name a few. In 2010 I lost a total of 51lbs with just knowing when to cycle my carbs. To date I have just fine tuned both PROVEN techniques. Now losing FAT is no real challenge. Its like a flip of the switch.

When I was on Primal and my intensity level dropped everything started going downhill big time. So my words of wisdom is DONT think PRIMAL is the one and true way of living until you have experienced all other aspects of diet and nutrition. Trust me you will be asking yourself what do I do NOW once my activity level or intensity level fades away.

SUP NINJA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing that in short with us.  What you described is something that I have been concerned with since winter is coming and I'll be off the lake until early spring pretty much.  I will confess that I never truly embraced the diet in whole, but it did change  the way that I eat, and I have seen great results with my new style of eating.  Went to the doctors today, and am down four more pounds.  I still eat sandwiches, rice and potatoes, but not nearly as much, and much more fresh veggies and better quality foods.

Glad you found out what will work for you, and I hope that you keep loosing or are able to maintain with what you are doing now.

That cake looks delicious by the way. ;D
What you mention here with your eating is much like carb cycling. One day you eat the starch and next day you eat the veggies. Its not hard or complicated to understand and the best thing about it is I cheat more often. You see as we get older our metabloisms slow down(sory its part of getting old) we just cant tolerate more fat combined with high starch. If you cycle it its a whole different ball game. The body is confused half the damn time and it doesnt know what to expect and fat burning is an ongoing venture.

I will say this alot of people on low carb diets have grown to fear and has become carb FOBIC. You cant live without carbs because CARBS taste GOOD. Now thats the damn TRUTH. I will devoure a piece of chocolate or cake before I choose butter or bacon.

SUP NINJA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »
This is for you non believers that high fat exist way before Mark Scisson. Checkout this guy Vince Gironda. He was also a strong believer of a high fat low carb diet. Also I just recieved some footage on a man name Patrick Mcguire he is a big time nutritionist that had a chance to interview Mr Olympian Dorian Yates. Who also experienced negative effects with a high fat diet. Where his skin littlerally started changing color.

Remember I am not to try to scare you guys OFF your Primal venture but to share some useful information that I think everyone should consider.

Brui

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »
Hello, well last week my weight was 179 and today is still 179 but ..I cheated, it was my daughters birthday so I ate bday cake, remaining  snacks...small chicken sandwichs ...party chocolates for the last 3 days :( .

This week I went out on Friday and Sunday for a Sup surf session. (3 hour sesh aprox)

I will behave this week and will report back next tuesday.  ;D

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2011, 09:41:17 AM »
Been a really tough couple of weeks with work (insane), finishing off some time consuming dwelling issues, and my mother in law (the best baker, cook, chef EVER) starting to work at my office three days per week, (she retired from a really high stress job and is doing my A/P and A/R work...).  I finally had to tell her, "I like you... you don't have to bring a warm butter cake to work with you every day... I can only resist so much!" 

I can't find the scale... but will probably run into that tonight as we unpack a few more boxes.  I know that I am not reaching my goal though, as the collab (my micro-sup) was sinking FULL ON on Saturday... and required a heck of a lot of inertia to stay standing.  I might actually be regressing... as soon as I find the scale, I will post the likely disappointing result.

In any event, you can't fool yourself... you know what you eat... I have not eaten as primally as previous... probably more like 50/50.  That AINT gonna cut it.

Out for now.

Tim

soulpaddler

« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
I'm managing to keep losing, but not as quick as I would like.  Need to drop some pounds so that board reduction can happen this spring.  I wish I didn't like to eat so much. ;D

* Recent Posts

post Re: 85l Sunova Carver: Gorge Review
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
lakemichiganwingfoiler
Today at 10:30:44 AM
B-Walnut
Today at 09:09:49 AM
Hdip