Author Topic: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread  (Read 75560 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fatness Weekly Weigh in Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
Rick,

My digital scale is pretty close to the doctor's scale... less than a pound off.

WAY TO GO!  Slow and steady goes the race... I hit ten percent today too!

I am totally psyched to give things a go tomorrow morning... first time under 180 since I was 25 or so...

I just loaded up the car for the long drive down the hill... assymetric 6'0 quad, 6'10 step up quad, 6'4" thruster (JC PM Machine), 6'5" twin... and my stando's (8'3" and 8'6")... and an extra paddle... just in case things get ugly...

Oh yes, its gonna be a fun morning!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

gorgebob

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Gorgeperformance.com
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »
Steady at 160, down 5 since Hawaii. Sun came out today (friday) paddle tomorrow and Sunday. Current and wind have been tricky. Going to time the new longer course pushing it an extra 15 minutes , that will burn off some water weight. Goal 156. I can almost get there by rocking back on the scale a bit.
Founder: Gorge Performance Surf  Shop Portland
Fabricator: RNR Engineering

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:47 PM »
You need my new scale, it tells you if you're not leaning properly--pops up little arrows until you get aligned properly, then rats you out on the internet.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »
Well Tim ... Not friday but pretty happy I made goal this morning but I got to say I've done 34 miles in the last two days... on green smoothies in the morning and chicken and salad in the evening.  Coconut waters in between paddles.  Feel great and also feel satisfaction at having arrived since I started in late Dec.  Thanks again for the inertia.  Right on time for the race season.  I'd like to stabilize between 175-180 which was where I was for the majority of my adult life before gluttony, beer and Haagan Daz stepped in.  The main keys to my success I feel have been smaller portions and earlier eating in the late afternoon.  It really helps that my woman eats like a bird... huge in fact.  I don't but I focus on how little she eats and does just fine.  Still have a glass of wine every other night which feels like little fallout the next day.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »
Bill, (Headmount)

Congratulations!  34 miles of paddling in two days?!?!?!  That, in and of itself, is pretty amazing!

I am waiting for delivery of my race board... and getting pretty excited to do a race now that I have been working on a proper stroke.  I am hoping (optimistically) that with all of the reaching, shoulder stacking, and extending that I have been doing on my littlle boards that I will really be able to put the pedal to the metal on a race board... but we will see.

It looks like we are trying to stabilize in the same general place... 175-180. 

My woman eats like a bird as well... but LOVES her sweets.  Most of my cheating is splitting treats with her on the weekend (like the crepe this Sunday...).

34 miles in two days... holy cow!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
Yeah but it's 34 miles in blistering downwind conditions.  I feel it most in my legs at the end.  Come over and stay with me.  We'll go.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
I'm serious Tim.  You got a new race board coming.  Man you got to give it a shot over here.  I can keep you dialed as to when the conditions get good and you can dash over here.  I figure you can't be away from work and family too long but a quick trip?  Think about it.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
Dude,

I am so laying the groundwork.  Thanks for the reaffirmation!

We'll talk soon.

Tim

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
A scientific look at the effects of a couch potato diet on some really primal dudes.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/monkey-obesity-study-24885654
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:14:27 PM by Admin »

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
Looks like the Dude running this bull*&$% study needs to spend his days figuring out why he can't see his shoes while inside a cage!

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
The study seems a bit crackpot.  It is interesting in terms of evolution and diet though.  Diet and drugs effect on primates varies over species and species vary over time.  So what works (or worked) for one primal/primate may not work for another.   The descendents of Chis Farley (one of the dudes in the study) will likely adapt to this new diet to various degees over time.   Human populations went through genetic mutations over generations which allowed them the ability to consume milk in adult life, and to consume alcohol.  Environmental factors led to a high lactose tolerence in Ireland, and lactose intolerence in parts of Northern Africa and the Middle East.  The Inuit diet had high levels of fat, yet they were very healthy.  Mutations occurred to a certain set of genes on chromosome 4, which allowed for alcohol consumption, and chromosome 1, which allowed for milk digestion throughout the human lifespan.  Humans, in which the mutated genes were not present, eventually died out due to illness and decreased reproduction.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:00:37 PM by Chan »

ericspin

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »
Looks like the Dude running this bull*&$% study needs to spend his days figuring out why he can't see his shoes while inside a cage!

For real!  I was shouting at my effing computer monitor and hoping the fatphuck researcher could hear me.  Couldn't finish watching it.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
Most assuredly... your tax dollars at works.

:)

longboarder1973

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2011, 07:11:33 AM »
Good morning all...
Start.............270
Last Week....246
Today...........243!

Nice milestone....10% weight loss since we started this.
What has it been, 3 and 1/2 months?
I credit the Livestong App for the iphone (great for counting calories) and warm weather recently that has resulted in more miles on the board.

Goal?  Not sure...just gonna keep riding this downward.  Next temporary goal is 235, but then I may adjust at that time.

Have a great weekend all!
See you on the water!

Rick

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2011, 07:35:52 AM »
Rick,

Great job!

I attribute my progress to primal and the Friday morning accountability sessions on the zone.

177.8 this morning... Goal in sight, but like you, I am just gonna try to keep eating right and see where this goes!

(start 200.2, goal 175)

Tim

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
Today at 01:49:29 PM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 27, 2024, 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf