Author Topic: ipad apps  (Read 8294 times)

CB1

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: ipad apps
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 06:09:36 AM »
Just FYI, if you are on your laptop/desktop you can use " uquery " to search the app store through a browser. 

http://www.uquery.com/
supSURFmachines
Longboard 9'2" x 29.5" x 4.25  140L
AC Grande - 8'5" x 31" x 4 3/8  135L
Wide Ripper - 7'8" x 30.75"  105L

NickFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »
Pretty nuts the uptake on this thing. Four percent of all zoners this week logged on using an ipad.  Only one percent logged on using a smartphone  (all makes combined).  Also, people are already comfortable shopping and putting a credit card onto the ipad.  Time to ditch any Flash on commercial sites. 

I'm surfing the zone right now on my iPad while watching the start of the Indy 500 :)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »
Skype just updated so you can use your ipad (or iphone) over 3G as your phone.  The reception etc is the same as normal cell phone quality.

So, if you own an Ipad, for instance, and you have unlimited 3G (which costs $30.00 a month) and Skype, you can can choose your own phone #, call any normal phone #, anyone can call you on that # from any phone, you can call any skype address, talk internationally, etc, for cheap.  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:42:33 PM by Admin »

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »
So stoked about this thang... Now, back to that work that I was supposed to do tonight....
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »
For all you corporate clones out there (me...) the ipad app Logmein is soooo smooth... answer your work e-mail from your work computer from your ipad... edit documents on your server from your ipad... put a warm cup of coffee on your desk, a few papers strewn on your conference table... and go FULL Ferris Buehler!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 05:44:26 AM »
I just reminded my wife that Fathers day is coming up soon. 
Aloha,
Tom English

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
Tom,

That is exactly how I rationalized it...

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »
Skype just updated so you can use your ipad (or iphone) over 3G as your phone.  The reception etc is the same as normal cell phone quality.

So, if you own an Ipad, for instance, and you have unlimited 3G (which costs $30.00 a month) and Skype, you can can choose your own phone #, call any normal phone #, anyone can call you on that # from any phone, you can call any skype address, talk internationally, etc, for cheap.  

my friends live in Costa Rica and they bought a Los Angeles Skype phone number and use that for their famlly to keep in touch.

I'm using Skype on my iPhone from here to call home for pennies. Much better than paying roaming costs.  Great tools that make travelling easier.  Too bad I can't attach photos from my iPhone.  Fun surf here in Tamarindo and small crowds.

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
Happy fathers day to everyone. I'm celebrating early with my new iPad.
Aloha,
Tom English

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »
okay, I don't play a lot of games and such, but ANGRY BIRDS was like crack on my iPhone.  It's worth the buck so they charge.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
So I watched the video from the launch of iPhone 4. Holy buckets! This Apple habit is getting expensive, especially since my wife is also addicted. I want one NOW.

The new iPhone is remarkable. 25% thinner, 40% more battery life, multitasking (in iOS4, so it's also an automatic free upgrade on iPads, and 3GS phones), 720p, 30 fps HD video camera with five megapixel still (Two years ago we were paying $500 for cameras that did that), LED flash and video illuminator, 5X digital zoom, a screen that is so high res that it's 74 percent of the pixels on an iPad, led backlight, front camera and video phone. Borosilcate glass front and back, billet stainless band. Gyroscope as well as GPS, Accelerometer, compass and proximity detector. Absolute Dick Tracy.

Even the iAds release is cool--app embedded ads that don't yank you out to a web site. Sixty percent of the revenue goes to developers so they have a big incentive to build cool free or cheap applications. Apple paid developers a little over 1 Billion last year for app store sales. No wonder the developer con sold out in seven days.

I just wish they'd make the damned thing waterproof, though the new style of pump-evacuated clear bags may make that not so important.  It would also be nice if they got onto other carriers. I'm NOT a big AT&T wireless fan (company motto: Yes, we suck, but we have iPhone)
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 06:01:25 AM »
VERSUS live grand boucle on the IPAD ... OMG!!!!!  The best app EVER?  Watch the epic TOur de France from EVERYWHERE!  Be sophisticated... Drink wine in a bottle, not a box AND watch the Tour de France!

OUT!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
VERSUS live grand boucle on the IPAD ... OMG!!!!!  The best app EVER?  Watch the epic TOur de France from EVERYWHERE!  Be sophisticated... Drink wine in a bottle, not a box AND watch the Tour de France!

OUT!

You found an iPAD version? I can only find the iPhone version  >:(

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »
DW,

U r correct... But on the pad you hit the double size button and it fills up most of the screen... I am just little bitbtoo excitedbabout the TDF... The app is only 15bucks... But you can stream live to the pad from versus using the full screen for 29.99!!!!!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
Hi guys,

We are puttting the final touches on an app review forum targeted not only at the ipad (or apple) but at all apps for all smarty mobile devices from all brands.  We would greatly appreciate it if you guys could register and become early members. That will help us in getting the ball rolling and fill out some categories and topics.

As always, very interested in comments, bugs and criticism.

www.appuserreviews.com

Thanks for any assistance.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:44:36 PM by Admin »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 27, 2024, 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM