Author Topic: Power To Weight Challenge  (Read 28863 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Power To Weight Challenge
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
3.5 lbs down...40 or so more to go... ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »
I thought this would be a great idea. Would any of you zoners want to share your training methods you are using? To shed these extra pounds I thought it would kind of compliment this thread.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
Smaller portions at meal time and small healthy (fruits & veggies) snacks through out the day.

I work out when I can - rowing machine in basement usually.
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
Smaller portions at meal time and small healthy (fruits & veggies) snacks through out the day.

I work out when I can - rowing machine in basement usually.

One of my questions with training methods for weight reduction was. If any one was structuring there training program around the SUP sport? Such as core strengthening,weight training, rowing or running. I know they are  other ways to train. Please every one share your training techniques. Aloha

mrod

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »
I'm trying to hit the lake on SUP whenever schedule and time allow, for now once a week. Then increasing repetitions of chin ups, crunches and jumping rope. while trying to reduce meal portions and alcohol.

Started a dumb bell routine this week of military press, curls and tricep extensions while on my endo board.

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »
Weighed in this morning at 188 lbs. Down 5.2 lbs ;D so I celebrated with a loco moco and a diet coke.

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
235 # after a cheat day on sunday had a couple of MGD 64 beers and some pizza...

Sunday is my carb and cheat day.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
254 on Sunday evening. On schedule more or less. I think I can do better, I just need to stop eating Diane's baking. She's been going nutz--cookies, coffeecakes, ice cream sandwiches. All for "guests" of course, but I have the discipline of a four year old.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
254 on Sunday evening. On schedule more or less. I think I can do better, I just need to stop eating Diane's baking. She's been going nutz--cookies, coffeecakes, ice cream sandwiches. All for "guests" of course, but I have the discipline of a four year old.

PonoBill press on. You should dedicate one day as a cheat day prefferably eat what you been craving all week. No matter what it is. Then go back on track and focus on your goal. We all need to have one cheat day it is highly recommended in any diet.

Deb

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
Pureadrenalin is right. I used to be a bodybuilder (natural). By having one day a week as a "cheat" day it helps to keep the body's metabolism active. We are here today because our ancestors had bodies that would survive famines, etc,  and they are great at storing fat. One of the worst things to do to lose weight is to skip breakfast and also go hours and hours without eating. Small meals (think "grazing") throughout the day are best. And yes - no refined carbs (like cookies, etc). When I was training for a contest I could get down to about 8% bodyfat on about 2000 calories (real food) a day. (Takes about 4-5 months to do that). I can post my contest training/food routines if you'd like, but that's not for everyday living/eating/enjoying life.

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
Me- Height 6'3". Weight 214 lbs (as of early November).  Age-53

Motivation-  Cabo trip on 2/11/10! (just sent a brand new Surftech 10'6" Laird Pearson Arrow to keep down there).

Goal was to lose 2 lbs a week for first 11 weeks and then maintain 192 lbs. I was on track until the cold weather here in December and early January provided me with a respiratory infection followed by 2 seperate and nasty sinus infections resulting in cancelled workouts. Just feeling better now and avoiding the scale. I'll weigh in and report back.

Method- 5-6 workouts per week... alternating days between high intensity circuit training and pure cardio (Concept 2 Ergometer-rowing machine). Smoothie for breakfast, Turkey wrapped in lettuce for lunch. Protein and salad for dinner. Limiting the typical stuff, bread, pasta etc. Nothing to eat after dinner!

There's no doubt in my mind that your strength to weight ratio is one of the most critical components of SUP. Thanks for starting this thread. We should all use it to help motivate each other! Now pass me that donut!

boardshorts

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
down 2 more #

sideshore:
we are sort of same size; I started at 216 about 8 weeks ago and now at 201, almost same diet as you too

I  keep thinking of SUP propulsion like bacteria: paramecium that have to self-propel with a flagellum

so I'm working on the circuit training, cardio, pull-ups and weight loss

I used to be a big rower/concept II erger -I even did the CRASH B's up here in Boston once -but I find that workout really monotonous -even if you can get a bunch to do it together.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
Start = 218.5

2.5 weeks in = 212.
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
I client of mine showed up with the new issue of Mens Health magazine and wanted to follow the "Spartacus" work out.

So we are doing this 3 time a week, First time was very hard and we only finished one circuit because we chose too heavy weights, today we did all 3 times with a 10 dumbell for every exercise...it is a good cardio and endurance routine!
http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/downloads/MH-Spartacus-Workout.pdf

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 04:27:52 PM »
I client of mine showed up with the new issue of Mens Health magazine and wanted to follow the "Spartacus" work out.

So we are doing this 3 time a week, First time was very hard and we only finished one circuit because we chose too heavy weights, today we did all 3 times with a 10 dumbell for every exercise...it is a good cardio and endurance routine!
http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/downloads/MH-Spartacus-Workout.pdf

Those type of workouts are very effective and burns alot of calories. Alot of aerobic trainers has included that type of training ino there aerobics program. I use them in my kettlebell,mace bell and indian club training for cst. It really can add some new drive to an already boring weight training regimen.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
Today at 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin