Author Topic: Naish Mana 7'9"  (Read 21902 times)

Pureadrenalin

Re: Naish Mana 7'9"
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 04:01:20 PM »
What are you asking exactly?

The question is to spend 1399. on a small 7'9 board that cost the same as there bigger boards in the Mana line. IMHO it does'nt make sense to get less board for the same amount of money. Really there is to much out there to consider in todays market especially in this economy. Just my two cents. Aloha

Velasco

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 06:19:23 AM »
Anybody surf this thing yet?  Any updated feedback?

al808

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »
Saw this board at Naish, looks interesting.  but not much reviews? I thought about renting to find out. anyone else surf it yet?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
We've had this board down under since Nov last year and at the Mambo I saw heaps of guys demoing it and everyone loved it.. I was surprised to see bigger guys having no problem balancing on it.. I saw one guy take a late drop and it nose dived and burried the whole board under water and to everyones amazment it came up a and he saved it and made the wave.. He looked at me as he paddled back out and said to me with a big grin.. "I don't know how I did that"..  ;D

DJ

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
You end up paying $15.04 dollars an inch for the 7'9", compared to only $11.65 an inch for the 10 foot Mana....
Just something to think about.

Surfdog93

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 08:27:14 AM »
I bet production costs are the same, probably around $450 at the Cobra factory.
Naish is a money-making-machine.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 05:15:43 AM »
We've had this board down under since Nov last year and at the Mambo I saw heaps of guys demoing it and everyone loved it.. I was surprised to see bigger guys having no problem balancing on it.. I saw one guy take a late drop and it nose dived and burried the whole board under water and to everyones amazment it came up a and he saved it and made the wave.. He looked at me as he paddled back out and said to me with a big grin.. "I don't know how I did that"..  ;D

DJ

well I've only had mine out once, but so far it seemed surprisingly stable. Definitely a different exerience, but had no real problems out the first session. It was pretty smooth though...but at over 200 lb I could pick kneee high to waist high mini waves. Not bad IMO.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
any updates on this board? and pics or video?im interested and weigh 190 to 200, like to hear from some big guys and some big wave performance.

Puamana4me

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
I  LOVE the 7'9" Mana , it is an absolute gas to ride. I prefer cleaner surf when taking it out, and head high (faces) are fun as hell.

I named it  "LOL" cause I laugh everytime I spin it around , do a very late take off and go to the nose, and camp on the nose.

I'm 165lb.s, and run a 7' center fin with side fins provided, I found it had a little less yah . I have run 5 diff.  center fins in it, from 4 " to 8" . It feels super stable when at nose on clean faces.

I bought it from a great guy (190-200lb), who just didn't like to work hard at SUPing.

I notice people really look at it weird when I whip it out of the truck, but the comment is "that thing looks like fun" when I come in.

Hope this helps, if you're down San Diego way , you are welcome to take it out ,just PM me.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 03:48:06 AM »
any updates on this board? and pics or video?im interested and weigh 190 to 200, like to hear from some big guys and some big wave performance.

I've had mine out more now. In anything from ultra choppy onshore conditions to much smoother stuff.
It is a challenge to pick slopey mushy waves...the onshore conditions is not this boards favorite conditions...however it does work. In better conditions with a little steeper wave this board thrives for me at 200lb...

I am not sure if this wave will work very well for me in huge surf. I have had it out in about headhigh, and it works well, but I think it depends a little on the wave shape. My goal is to be able to ride it like Pua...if I could do a spin on it I would be the happiest man ever (I have never done that on any board). So far the board is a lot of fun.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 04:30:25 AM »
i wish i was near san diego im in between this board and the pocket rocket, the pocket rocket looks a little better for my weight, put the shape and size of the mana keeps drawing me back.

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 04:50:48 AM »
i wish i was near san diego im in between this board and the pocket rocket, the pocket rocket looks a little better for my weight, put the shape and size of the mana keeps drawing me back.

The Nah Skwell Team is doing a SUP-Demo this weekend in San Diego. You might want to check it out. This is from the email they sent out:

The EVENT IS  ON SUNDAY MAY 23 MISSION BAY'S BONITA COVE ACROSS FROM THE ROLLER COASTER. 8-4PM San Diego.

See you there; the Nah Skwell Team
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

maui wave warrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:13:43 AM »
Newton, take a look at the Starboard 8'5 pro before making your choice. Its a cross between the mana and the PR.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 01:22:42 PM »

First time I got it down to the beach I thought I had made a mistake..the board was so small I didn't think it would float me....back then I was almost 210. Now I am 200, and it floats me easily.

That said, I can't tell you which board is best for you... :-)

bootesta

• Rincon Status
    • MSN Messenger - Dr.loritesta@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
In the ski industry a pair of 160 cm skis cost the same as a pair of 200's. different size snowboards of the same ilk also same cost.  Not that unusual.  In essence you are paying for that particular model not the size.
Starboard 7’4 Airborne carbon
Starboard 7’1 Pro carbon

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 07:28:05 PM
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 10:20:25 AM