Author Topic: Spray your friends part 2  (Read 8273 times)

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
Re: Spray your friends part 2
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 03:12:52 PM »
The thing is I am not the guy who said I was going to send anyone in or any of that. I simply stated that in a situation where someone is in the way. I would spray them. That's all. End of story. No asskicker here. I sup to get away from aggro types.  ::)

trytryagain

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
i see my post ( and a couple others by others , responses that i really would loved to have read ) got deleted.  i must wonder why.... is it because i told someone here to play nice in our sand box? because the reality is that if someone were to pull that crap around here, he WOULD get set straight one way or the other.  this is a safety issue primarily --as in : even if you have total 100% control of your board and you dont do any physical damage, your " victim" DOES NOT FEEL SAFE.  and thats not why any of us are out in the water. this isnt about being aggro--to me and mine, "aggro" is the term you would apply to the sprayer, not the sprayee.  the sprayee is reacting defensively to the sprayers rude, asinine and juvenile behavior.  BTW  im not an asskicker, just like everybody else here, but im no victim either. 
  i find it odd and a bit disturbing that its perfectly alright to post pics of someone doing stupid things in the water and to for some folks to have a laugh about it, but its not OK to post regarding what some obviously considered rude & dangerous behavior and what the consequences would be if they encountered it ...why not remove the entire post? what, its OK to potentially put folks in danger in the water, but its not Ok for folks to correct the situation or express how that would get done?  there are two sides to this issue--you either think its the best thing since sliced bread or you just wont tolerate it at all.  in this case, one half of the coin is going unseen, and thats not right. admin: delete away as you wish...

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 07:59:28 PM »
In the 4 months I have been SUping, I cannot believe the wave count I get each session, 10X the amount I would get surfing, so having someone on the shoulder paddling out, dropping in on me or innocently getting in the way, I couldn't care less because I know I am going to be back in the line up in seconds and catching the next wave.

Chill out everyone  don't be bullies and just have fun
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »
Trytryagain,

These two posts have been the source of a lot of user complaints.  Plenty of people did think that these showed bad judgement (both to do it, and to post it) and that they should have been pulled.  Some people also posted those to this thread.  We have no problem with anyone saying that and we left those posts up.  The only posts that were pulled were the ones that started the threatening talk, etc.  If that type of post is brought to us, we always have to remove it. 

trytryagain

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »
admin: fair enough, but why not remove the very post(s) that are obviously the source of the problem here in our virtual line-up? to have those pics up only encourages negative behaviour in some folks--someone somewhere is gonna try and pull this off because they thought it was funny here on the forum, and thats gonna lead to problems...
  if we cant post what our potential REACTION would be, then why is it OK to post the actual ACTION?
 not trying to be difficult here, just following cause and effect logic through its natural cousre... :)

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »
I agree with your position.  If it had been expressed in this manner, it likely would have not received removal requests.  Ahhh,  To spray or not to spray, wheter it is nobler in the mind of man to raise fins against a sea of troubles and in opposing end them or to suffer the slings and arrows....

trytryagain

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »
how it WAS expressed is no longer the issue ( the posts were deleted..its pau!) ..now that it has been expressed in a more... civil manner...what say you admin? what say you?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
how it WAS expressed is no longer the issue ( the posts were deleted..its pau!) ..now that it has been expressed in a more... civil manner...what say you admin? what say you?

Are you asking me if it is OK to spray your friends?   I'm not gunna.  All we ask is that you keep the talk here nice-like. 

trytryagain

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »
no, im not asking you if its ok to spray your friends...am i THAT bad at communication?  i guess i am...let me try again:
  i was asking you what the logic/justification was of leaving the ORIGINAL pics--the ones that caused this ruckus to begin with--up on this site.  my point is this : why have this type of behavior posted and ( by some folks) cheered on as " fun" when ( in your own words )" these posts were the source of a lot of user complaints" AND " plenty of people thought this showed  bad judgement (both to do it and to show it)"
  how can you justify having posts & pictures of bad behavior on this site and then on the other hand suppress the discourse ( no matter how harsh--we are dealing with being SAFE in this particular case) that comes as a fully natural response to those posts and pics? if its wrong to RESPOND with hard words and statements of what would probably happen if this bad behavior were to occur in our neck of the woods, then why is it so right for the actual bad behavior to be glamorized as cool in the area that it actually happened?

im not interested in whether you want to spray somebody or not admin...im more interested in why you would find it acceptable to allow publishing of posts that reflect BAD behavior...and then suppress postings that reflect the reactions of people that are offended by that behavior.
  either dont allow that type of post...or allow reactions to those posts to stand.  the potential damage that could occur with that type of fool's play deserves ( and in reality would trigger) the response it gets. aloha.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:33:51 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 06:00:08 AM »
Wow, this wandered far afield. I wonder what Tom thinks about this. I finally got to meet him at the BOP. Cool guy, but we already knew that. His article on Advanced SUP technique is the most read article on Ke Nalu.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »
TryTryAgain,

We thought that had already been made clear.   We are keeping the posts. 

Just like earlier threads about the merits of surfing leashless, and the videos of surfing big days at the Wedge, those posts ended up in good discussion and people can take away from them what they will.  Some people thought that those situations also posed a threat, but they were able to succesfully say so without lowering the level here on the forum.

In this thread all posts were left except the ones that had degraded into keyboard warrior stuff here on our site.  Everyone else was able to make their points without the internet chest pumping and threatening.  Again, those posts will always be removed.

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »
 ::)

trytryagain

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 07:32:23 PM »
i dont agree, but i accept. aloha.

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »
The world has bigger problems than friends (world class skilled rippers, in total control laying it on the rail) spraying each other in the water.  Keep it all in perspective guys. 
Aloha,
Tom English
Aloha,
Tom English

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
Exactly!!!!

* Recent Posts