Author Topic: PREVIEW: Waimea ride, Standup Journal's 14-pg. Ikaika feature coming June 21st  (Read 2782 times)

clayfeeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Standup Journal, "The Original Standup Mag"
Howzit guys?

Here's a screen snap of one of the spreads from Standup Journal's 14-page Ikaika Kalama feature by North Shore surf photojournalist Pete Hodgson with Pete's and 9 other top photographers' works on display.

The issue is coming to US newsstands June 21st ...

...and to subscribers by June 10th, so there's still time to subscribe: www.standupjournal.com/subscribe

This is the "Summer" issue.

It hits at these countries, below, and 12 other countries about July 30th:
 Australia/NZ,
 the UK & France/Europe (Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland... Slovakia! Ya, wild, huh?),
 Japan,
 Brazil and the rest of the world (now in Tahiti also starting this next ish!)

--International subscribers receive their's a month early: http://standupjournal.com/sub_intl.htm

There's your shameless plug for what we at da Journal are super fired up about... and for good reason:   

-Blane -- who just got an advance glimpse of this "Summer" issue the other day -- says "it's your best issue yet"!! 

NOTE: that's Blane's 12' gun Ikaika is riding! Not sure how wide it is, but it did the trick.

See ya on the water,
                                           -Clay
                             www.standupjournal.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:00:52 AM by clayfeeter »
www.standupjournal.com
"You don't always have to leave blood on the keyboards... but it should feel like you did."

Velasco

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nice!!!

That 12'er just keeps looking better and better!!!  Small waves - big waves - anything!

Can't wait for the magazine to arrive in the mailbox!

clayfeeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Thanks for the stoke, Velasco... we mail to subscribers early next week right on schedule!!

EEHA, and we're now working on what we feel could be an even BETTER "Fall" ish... (and THEN we jump onto the Photo Annual that comes out Dec. 21st.... THAT will be the topper issue!!!)...

...but when Blane called to say this upcoming "Summer" issue is "your best yet," well.... that's good enough to fire us up for a long time!!

He was digging it on his recent visit to the West Coast; below is Blane with Blueline shop owner Jim Brewer:

See ya, Clay
                  www.standupjournal.com
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:47:04 AM by clayfeeter »
www.standupjournal.com
"You don't always have to leave blood on the keyboards... but it should feel like you did."

Blane Chambers

Thanks to Jim and Glen Dubock for turning me on to that Cafe.   The place had Cajun food and the Gumbo was AWESOME!!     I'm craving it now and may even make more trips up there just to eat it!     I think the place was called Cajun Kitchen....   

As far as the issue, it is great.      I feel funny saying that because I'm in it but my little article in it has nothing to do with how good this mag came out.     It's neat watching where it came from and how good it has gotten.     Here's one hint...   I cannot remember if I saw a sail in it anywhere.    If there is, the other content was so good I cannot remember seeing any sailing stuff...    Good job Clay.   

Eric

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
So this is the one with the france feature, isn't it ?

I finally managed to get a copy of the Stand Up Journal (Gerry cover) while in France thanks to the french PSH guys... I knew it was a great mag... I didn't know it was THAT great !

Clay, you'd love to see how on my last flight to Canary Islands the passengers next to me started to stare at the mag as soon as I got it out of my hand luggage, they were 40yo spanish men you could easily imagine sitting at the pub all day, drinking beer talking about the last soccer game... The fact is they knew about SUP coz they saw me last winter doing it at the city beach...
It actually became so annoying that after a few minutes I started to feel uncomfortable so I lend them the mag and took a newspaper for myself... they probably didn't quite understand english but they did enjoy watching the pics over and over... I only got the mag back when we were about to land... after a 3 hour flight...

Lobes

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Good stuff. I only just got my issue with the Green cover. Looking forward to it!   ;D

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Yep- spent four years up in SB... Cajun Kitchen- and don't overlook their breakfast... "Mike's Mess"... don't ask just do it.

clayfeeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Ya "Paddlesurf," Mike's Mess rocks... and you're right, "don't ask, just ORDER it."

...Hey Eric... awesome Canaries story!! and re: [[the old Spanish guys]] they probably didn't quite understand english but they did enjoy watching the pics over and over..

Heck most my SURF buds don't understand English!!

Or else they don't want to bother with words, which I can fully relate to... Photography (and Loooove) are the international languages... it's no secret we go MEGA photo heavy to transcend language barriers... and frankly, I'll take a ton of killer photos with short copy and captions ANY day...

...but what I WANNA KNOW is what shot are Jim and Blane staring at here:
           cheers, clay
           www.standupjournal.com

www.standupjournal.com

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
Today at 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin