Author Topic: Quick release dual track and pedestal  (Read 5740 times)

red_tx

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Quick release dual track and pedestal
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 09:34:18 AM »
Upon further inspection the simplicity of this device is appealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PmepWFKpUA&feature=youtu.be

Um, Should we also be talking about the tail wings this guy is running? crazy shapes.. Makes me want to cut my other Blue tail wing down crazy like those.
-red

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 12:33:56 PM »
Upon further inspection the simplicity of this device is appealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PmepWFKpUA&feature=youtu.be

Um, Should we also be talking about the tail wings this guy is running? crazy shapes.. Makes me want to cut my other Blue tail wing down crazy like those.
-red

interesting what shape he did on that rear wing and it looks like a front wing facing backwards but really tiny version. Anymore info on this as I have a maliko tail and still looking for some ideas?

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »
*BUYER BEWARE*

The holes didn't line up on my plate mount. *** The seller suggested i drill and tap new holes into the TalonXL. But you can't drill new holes the way everything lines up. I would have to weld the existing holes closed ,,, then drill new holes. Or weld the hole and drill new mounting holes in my plate mount. (which i was considering doing but i don't have the time for right now)

So I gave him all the spacing measurements of my adapter and a diagram lay out so he knows exactly why it doesn't work and I asked to return it for a refund,,, no dice. Guess what? He doesn't tell you this when you buy it ,, but ... ** THE SELLER WILL NOT GIVE ANY REFUND **

So for now im out $60 for the TalonXL and $10 shipping. It's too bad, It's really a clever design with just a few bugs to work out. Maybe one day he will learn to deal more honestly with his customers.   

Other issues i had which i did not even mention to the seller. The Glue holding the spring in place is sloppy, The excess glue you will damage your board's boxes. So you'll need to  sand it flush or ...
* It has stainless steel "Helicoils" inside the aluminum body in 2 of the holes. (corrosion)
* My mount plate i would also have to remove 10mm of metal off the back of the not punch a hole into my board when it folds out. (not a big deal) Just another thing you should be aware of when buying a TalonXL from this guy.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

supfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 12:52:29 PM »
Try selling on the classifieds, I might buy it.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »
Also, please post which foil and plate you have. It’ll start the compatibility thread.

This is a new company, one guy. He’s likely a seat of the pants op and so while I don’t agree with what he did, I totally understand. $50 is groceries to him.

He needs to sell it or get distribution before he ruins his name before the product can get to rev 2.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
I got one, it doesn't fit the boxes on my Flying Dutchman. My fault though. When I expressed an interest the Grant emailed me that it would only fit Chinook or Futures boxes. I don't know what Mark used, but they are too tight. No surprise, they're too tight for some of my fin nuts as well.

I'd don't plan to ask for a refund of course. My mistake. He should make it clear that he doesn't do refunds, which I think is quite fair for small production biz--as long as it's stated up front. He can't really take a returned product and sell it again. The bits are well made, I'll hang onto them and try them later with another board.

I didn't like the fact that they use what looks like 1/4-20 hardware. On my Axis baseplate, which uses 8mm hardware, the countersunk screws are wedged in the very bottom of the plate. I wouldn't have trusted it as-is. I would have had to drill and countersink new holes or use a beveled washer--which I've never seen in stainless steel.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM