Author Topic: Christmas Break(s)  (Read 858 times)

surfercook

• Teahupoo Status
  • Keep ridin' 'til ya can't!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Christmas Break(s)
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:31:02 AM »
A few of us scored some tasty waves right before Christmas this year here in New Jersey. I finally took out The Blade. Hadn't ridden it all year and there was a nice window to give it a go. After about 90 mins I switched up w/The Assassin which is about 15 ltrs more in vol.
Cross posted in Sessions

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
 9'11"-145 ltr     8'0"-127 ltr  8'1"-116 ltr     8'0"- 110 ltr   72" Methane & Riviera Camo

supthecreek

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Sunova is a Zone sponsor and I am their spokesman
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Break(s)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
Nice cold water walls cookieman.... nothing quite like a good winter session!

I actually like the cold conditions.... I just find it getting miserably harder to surf in a 5mm suit.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Another fun looking session Cookie

.......it does seem you have a persistent left tracking SS3 the last couple of video's - I'm sure you're all up to date...what's up, any idea?
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
Looks fun, love uncrowded days . Another fun one to watch
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

ospreysup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »
Thanks for posting Cookie! They say once you ride a wave it's gone forever but being a few miles south of you I get to re-live my sessions through your videos.

Hoping to see you got some video of today! We got the three December W's; warm,windy and waves!!! The wind was challenging but I took a few home with me to remember. Now I can sit back and hope to re-live it through another Cookie video!

surfercook

• Teahupoo Status
  • Keep ridin' 'til ya can't!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
Nice cold water walls cookieman.... nothing quite like a good winter session!
I actually like the cold conditions.... I just find it getting miserably harder to surf in a 5mm suit.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

lol..."Cold water walls'', I like that...good title for my next vid! Hearin' ya on the 5mils...for me it's gettin' in and out of 'em that's tough.

Looks fun, love uncrowded days . Another fun one to watch
Funny you should mention uncrowded srf. This morning started out quiet w/only about 6 or so out and by 10:30 there were over 20 on it. Guess the warmish/50F air and relatively light winds helped. Lotta beach goers on it too. Scored a nice shot off a random lady who was shootin' w/an awesome camera.

..it does seem you have a persistent left tracking SS3 the last couple of video's - I'm sure you're all up to date...what's up, any idea?
Tough one today w/the SS. It was really off today. Only got me on my first ride and then outa frame for 2 hrs. Too bad, woulda been some nice footage. Waves were richter today. Quite challenging.

They say once you ride a wave it's gone forever but being a few miles south of you I get to re-live my sessions through your videos.
lol...where you at , Sprey? Cool ya got out today. Jerzee Zone!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:35:27 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
 9'11"-145 ltr     8'0"-127 ltr  8'1"-116 ltr     8'0"- 110 ltr   72" Methane & Riviera Camo

Wetstuff

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
Ya, Marc... it takes some inner drive to padde out in a cold, brown Atlantic.  The only three people out yesterday (Sat/29 Dec) were SUP'ers. Unlike your conditions, the winds were <10 offshore.  I (we) walk-the-dog on nice days in winter at the Federal Park.  They did a workaround on His Petulance, the access road was left open but there were no facilities.  Campers were even staying there.   

Jim
Sunova Skate XL .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom