Author Topic: Social Influencers  (Read 7966 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Social Influencers
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:13:12 AM »
http://sokkaa.com/2017/07/06/top-10-highest-paid-instagram-accounts-in-the-world-today/2/

So pleased to see Salena Gomez topping the list at $550,000 per Instagram post.  Take that Kardashians. 

The #'s (total social followers) for surfers may pale against the 123 Million (Instagram only) followers for the Gomez but are pretty (word carefully chosen :) ) telling as well. 

http://www.theinertia.com/surf/20-of-the-most-powerful-surfers-in-social-media/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:09:57 AM by Admin »

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Social Influencers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:45:30 AM »
Rome is burning...
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
Rome is burning...
Lute tuned and ready to strum.  8)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
Wilder yet is how effective brands are finding it.  In SUP we have micro influencers or more likely micro micro, but that proves even more cost effective if well managed.  No, not surprising that Alexis can sell some product, but the future brand implications are interesting to ponder.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrettwissman/2017/08/14/dawn-of-the-social-media-influencer-as-entrepreneur/#6489612a6f86

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »

I'm happy to say that I have no idea what Instagram is.  :)
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »
If that's Alexis in the photo, I can understand the appeal, but explain this to me. One of my friends son is a goofy 17 year old kid that rides a scooter (like a razor scooter but his own extreme brand) and is a social media rock star. My friend Ronda is a successful real estate agent and he's been making more money than her since he was 15. On his 16th birthday he bought a Nissan GTR which he constantly spends money to upgrade, and 6 months later he bought my friend, his mother, a brand new BMW. He just hit 6 million followers and has his own  line of merchandise.  People fly him around the world to attend events and pay him extra if he shows up with his car.

He is good on the scooter, he got 8th place in the world at an international scooter competition in Barcelona Spain that one of his sponsors sent him to last year.

Here are some of his web sites, or you can google Tanner Fox

https://www.tfoxbrand.com/

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »
It's a serious business, and most advertising is now focused on content marketing vs. the traditional interruption model (commercials, magazine ads, etc.). The extension to personal brands is the next step.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »
Don't have any idea what's going on in this thread but keep returning to Admins post for a better understanding. 

The enlightenment.

leecea

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 07:18:47 PM »
TV actors make a bunch of money, so why not YouTube actors.  I spend more time watching YouTube than streamed TV content.

BrownSugah

• Malibu Status
  • Like Pahhtay wit me ?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »
Most of the poster children for SUP (izzi gomez, slater trout etc ) dont seem to have real jobs and can get paid from instagram or social media partnerships and making youtube edits
ALOHA

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 04:14:36 AM »
Most of the poster children for SUP (izzi gomez, slater trout etc ) dont seem to have real jobs and can get paid from instagram or social media partnerships and making youtube edits

It will be interesting to see if any of our own can transform their in into something larger.  Tom's friend Tanner is remarkable like that.  6 Million subscribers on Youtube.  3.1 million followers on Instagram.  This young dude is topping the Kelly Slater's of the world in social based on what appears to be a start in scooting, creativity, relate-ability to his market, and a lot of work.  Brother is pumping out the content!  Fun as that may be, it is also a full time job.  He has massive engagement. 

For perspective, Redbull (Freaking Redbull) posted a very professionally made youtube trailer of Kai Lenny's Paradigm film 3 weeks ago.  It has 86,000 views.  This kid Tanner posted last night about a thought he had and by early morning his video has half a million views.  Love it!

Some of these young pioneers are just one ass dimple away from the Tawny Kitaen plummet but some will morph this start into something much more durable.  There is brilliance to rising in your own moment and it is really fun to spectate this from over the hill.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:33:20 AM by Admin »

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »

It will be interesting to see if any of our own can transform their in into something larger.  Tom's friend Tanner is remarkable like that.  6 Million subscribers on Youtube.  3.1 million followers on Instagram.  This young dude is topping the Kelly Slater's of the world in social based on what appears to be a start in scooting, creativity, relate-ability to his market, and a lot of work.  Brother is pumping out the content!  Fun as that may be, it is also a full time job.  He has massive engagement. 

For perspective, Redbull (Freaking Redbull) posted a very professionally made youtube trailer of Kai Lenny's Paradigm film 3 weeks ago.  It has 86,000 views.  This kid Tanner posted last night about a thought he had and by early morning his video has half a million views.  Love it!

Some of these young pioneers are just one ass dimple away from the Tawny Kitaen plummet but some will morph this start into something much more durable.  There is brilliance to rising in your own moment and it is really fun to spectate this from over the hill.

Tawny Kitaen was just referenced on the Zone.  I can peacefully leave and be happy that everything i ever wanted from this forum was achieved.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »

I still don't know what Admin is talking about and now to make matters worse, he says he's over the hill.  What does that make me?  I guess I'll have to return to that picture he posted earlier for further enlightenment to see if I can unravel this social media phenomenon.  Education never ends.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
I hope this rocket has a parachute. I can't imagine Tanner doing homework and focusing on school at his young age. So when the viewership declines, hopefully he has a soft landing with an actual future. It's like my friend who's son's were Hurley pro surfers. They were hot, in magazine ads, movies, etc. Luckily while they were, their dad being the smart guy he is, took their earnings and bought them apartment buildings. Now they are done competing, going to college, and are getting a rental income. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 11:45:48 PM »
A recent study showed 60% of humankind having a low IQ. All I can figure is that this influencing culture is just one more way that this fact is being portrayed.

Among other things.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 27, 2024, 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]