Author Topic: Short fuselage opinions  (Read 234 times)

SUPeter

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Short fuselage opinions
« on: March 30, 2020, 12:20:55 PM »
I am redesigning my fuselage.  More in line with the Axis foils set up except for it being full carbon ( old carbon fiber hockey stick filled with solid carbon).   Just curious. Iím wondering if making the fuse shorter will help with pumping.  Already planning on a smaller tail wing.  Iím pretty sure Iíll just have multiple tail wing mounts on the fuselage which will allow me some room for experimentation.  Thanks in advance
Stay well, be safe, Foil on!

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Re: Short fuselage opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
The shorter fuse and smaller tail wing can feel really unstable and twitchy at first. Some riders try it and go straight back to their std setup again , you need to stick with it for a couple of sessions and you quickly settle into it with more speed and a much tighter turning arc. The pumps takes a bit more to get used to as the pump arc is much shorter and faster , as you settle into that you'll find you pump much more efficient with a reduced motion travelling further between each pump. Another advantage of both the shorter fuse and smaller tail wing is tackling foam balls , you have much more control and far less likely to get boosted. 
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead