Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 244559 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »
Your "Ironically it's conservatives that oppose regulation that would help eliminate the jobs offered to undocumented workers" is unique.

It may or may not be fully accurate but that point of view is hardly uncommon.
I was thinking unique in regard to irony vs. how many people hold it.

digger71

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2016, 05:08:16 PM »
Interesting little related video.

Oh man this guy again??  O'Keefe is the same one who produced the misleading videos on ACORN and Planned Parenthood.  Pretty clear there is some shadiness going on but WAY too much editing going on to really understand what was truly being discussed.

Man I gotta stop reading this thread...and watching the news or looking at the internet

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #783 on: October 19, 2016, 05:31:27 AM »
And it just keeps getting more revealing .

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2016, 06:05:55 AM »
I dunno why so many US citizens apparently think that America is "not great anymore".

There is an underlying sentiment that our most admired institutions have degraded and can no longer be trusted.  This has been exacerbated by the immediacy of information and has been unsettling and disorienting.

Banks
Military
Politicians & Parties
Police
Press
Church
Sports (Athletes, Teams, Organizations)
Health Organizations, Drug Companies

So, we are sidetracked talking about lowest common denominator issues which will likely determine which of the two candidates (who will do nothing to meaningfully change the list above) will be elected.

Our Mid East wars will cost us 4.8 Trillion, a quarter our our national debt, have taken us in the wrong direction, and yet we see no future without our manifest role in that region.  Think of what good could have been done with that 4.8 Trillion in terms of hunger, health, education.  That is one of many discussions that we should be having, but instead we are listening to Melania defend Gropey McFeely.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:14:02 AM by Admin »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2016, 06:34:15 AM »
I dunno why so many US citizens apparently think that America is "not great anymore".

There is an underlying sentiment that our most admired institutions have degraded and can no longer be trusted.  This has been exacerbated by the immediacy of information and has been unsettling and disorienting.

Banks
Military
Politicians & Parties
Police
Press
Church

So, we are sidetracked talking about lowest common denominator issues which will likely determine which of the two candidates (who will do nothing to meaningfully change the list above) will be elected.

Our Mid East wars will cost us 4.8 Trillion, a quarter our our national debt, have taken us in the wrong direction, and yet we see no future without our manifest role in that region.  Think of what good could have been done with that 4.8 Trillion in terms of hunger, health, education.  That is one of many discussions that we should be having, but instead we are listening to Melania defend Gropey McFeely.

Well said.. and spot on.. IMO

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »
I can't believe how depressing this all is. I feel like I'm watching a favorite Uncle (Uncle Sam) slowly dying of a terrible cancer.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2016, 08:16:14 AM »
The dirtbag dem operative in the video that thinks inciting violence and rigging elections is just fine....has visited the whitehouse 342 times since 2009. How much do you think that will be talked about on the evening news? Probably about as much as the corruption evident in the wikileaks.

I disagree with Admin that they will do nothing meaningful on those issues. Do you really think they will all be the same 5 years from now regardless of who wins?
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »

Banks
Military
Politicians & Parties
Police
Press
Church

Well said.. and spot on.. IMO

Absolute truth Area 10. The veil has been lifted. We are a far ways from greatness. But not in the sense of Trump's narrative. 
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »
+1 Randy. Everyone lies about everything. Except everything on the internet of course!!!

;)  ;)  ;)
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »
I disagree with Admin that they will do nothing meaningful on those issues. Do you really think they will all be the same 5 years from now regardless of who wins?

Yes I do.  Because the interest is in power, not solving the difficult underlying problems.  An example.

Looking at the debt and the big 6 components of our spending, it will take some innovative thinking that challenges every fundamental of the status quo to get motion.  Our Fed Tax Revenue is at 3.2 Trillion.  Just the 6 lines below have us at 3.43 T and already in the hole by 151 Billion.  That is with no other spending :).  These are very difficult items to get any movement on, if there was even a will to do so.  Take defense for example.  Donald wants to increase spending there.  Hillary has a track record of doing so.  Individually, we should all be thinking about the basic math of this list, but are we? 

Medicair/Medicaid 1,120 B
Social Security 911 B
Defense 579 B
Income Security 303 B
Interest on Debt 249 B
Federal Pensions 272 B

Watching this election process it is clear to me that we no longer regard our democracy as something fragile that requires work, sacrifice and vigilance to protect.  We are spoiled, bloated and gross.  This is a reflection of the corruption, arrogance and greed of our leadership in every major segment of our culture.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:35:29 AM by Admin »

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »
Many people believe, me being one of them, that Hillary is more hawkish than the noble peace prize winning Obama.
So good luck with hoping that our international expenditures will change that much with her in there.
It takes a quiver to do that.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2016, 09:35:25 AM »
I'm not saying they'll be solved, just that there will be a big difference in direction on most of the issues. Of course none of this gets solved easily and with the way we are going as a country I don't see it getting any better any time soon but it has to start somewhere. You say it's going to require fundamental changes in the status quo...who do you think upsets the status quo more? Trump or Hillary? The path continues with Hillary, at least with the Donald there is a fork in the road....of course there may be a cliff at the end... :P

Watching this election process it is clear to me that we no longer regard our democracy as something fragile that requires work, sacrifice and vigilance to protect.  We are spoiled, bloated and gross.  This is a reflection of the corruption, arrogance and greed of our leadership in every major segment of our culture.

And Trump just came out for term limits and limits on lobbying after leaving congress. Since we no longer have journalists even pretending  to do their job exposing corruption...(unless it's in the GOP) we need something else to help control the influence peddling.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:43:30 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
Many people believe, me being one of them, that Hillary is more hawkish than the noble peace prize winning Obama.
So good luck with hoping that our international expenditures will change that much with her in there.

We have history to support your theory.  Hillary was the push (proudly) behind our advancement in both Libya and Syria.  Two more mistakes to add to Iraq and Afghanistan.  And...no fly zone equals war.  Think who we are telling not fly.  How is that going go?  But these are barely sideline issues in this election.  Monica Lewinski has a bigger role.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
I'm not saying they'll be solved, just that there will be a big difference in direction on most of the issues. Of course none of this gets solved easily and with the way we are going as a country I don't see it getting any better any time soon but it has to start somewhere. You say it's going to require fundamental changes in the status quo...who do you think upsets the status quo more? Trump or Hillary? The path continues with Hillary, at least with the Donald there is a fork in the road....of course there may be a cliff at the end... :P

Watching Donald these past few months, i think it is fair to say that he consistently monitors public opinion and unabashedly changes his position to match whatever he feels to be the winning opinion and sometimes just based on whim.  I don't feel comfortable gauging what his actual opinions might be or if they are even truly formed.  I trust history a bit more and his behaviors in business might be the best indicator of his future actions in that realm.

Also, Donald is well aware that he is courting (in part) the blow it up vote and that incendiary statements help his cause with that group.

I agree with you about Hillary.  We know what we will get and it will not be change.

Most importantly, it is not possible that either of these candidates can help in restoring trust in our our institutions as they are both terrible role models, are individually dishonest, and offer no moral or ethical example to lead by.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:25:48 AM by Admin »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
Today at 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]