Author Topic: linter - Punta de Mita  (Read 47594 times)

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
Re: linter - Punta de Mita
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:09 AM »
Have fun Sounds like a great time
JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

PtBobSup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »
March 7-9 is the Punta Sayulita Classic.  Impressive entry list.  Could be fun to check that out.

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2014, 04:50:22 PM »
Linter,  I return to my place in San Pancho the first week in Feb, got a Toyota Sequoia I keep there.  If you want to we can hook up and I'll give you the grand tour, such as it is.  The Punta Sayulita SUP & Longboard contest is a lot of fun.  Couple of my SUP/SUSing buddies are coming down for that week to view the contest and SUS the area.  They came last year also.  Contest is loads of fun to watch and a lot of the "names" show up.  Gerry Lopez is always there as the goodwill ambassador and there is always a big group of Hawaiians.  For people interested, Alaska airlines usually offers discounted fares and cheap/free board fees as they are a sponsor.  Check the contest website for info.

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
Linter. Hang in there; There's going to be waves. I go in May when the south swells start pumping. El Anclote (where you are) will take a sizable n/w swell to wrap around the point. But when it does, your in for a treat!   Paddle on,   JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

bajasurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »
San Pancho, very cool place and wood wave at times...Hook up Linter, you will have a blast...

I am back in Cabo and already getting back into the Mexican groove. At first when I started coming down here, it would take me a month or two to relax into Mex time, now it takes just a few days, and the life up north now takes me months to get used to..

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
yes, let's definitely get together.  thanks for the invite.  expect me to take you up on it.  and to beg you to take me to some lefts.

Linter,  I return to my place in San Pancho the first week in Feb, got a Toyota Sequoia I keep there.  If you want to we can hook up and I'll give you the grand tour, such as it is.  The Punta Sayulita SUP & Longboard contest is a lot of fun.  Couple of my SUP/SUSing buddies are coming down for that week to view the contest and SUS the area.  They came last year also.  Contest is loads of fun to watch and a lot of the "names" show up.  Gerry Lopez is always there as the goodwill ambassador and there is always a big group of Hawaiians.  For people interested, Alaska airlines usually offers discounted fares and cheap/free board fees as they are a sponsor.  Check the contest website for info.

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »
No problemo,  I'll be down around 2/3 depending on when we decide to leave.  We drive and usually take 4-5 days.  Got some lefts already marked with your name, assuming the surf gods cooperate.  I'll be in touch before hand to give you a heads up.

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
Forgot to mention, I'll be bringing my new 10'3 Hammer down to join her cousin an 11'1 One World carbon. 

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
You people are making me want to go down there again. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:54 AM »
Forgot to mention, I'll be bringing my new 10'3 Hammer down to join her cousin an 11'1 One World carbon. 

i've got a 9-4 Hammer here.  We're gonna be in Wardog heaven!

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
Have the surf gods given you any swell?  How's the boat exchange working out?

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »
   the boat exchange is going ... well ... the problem is, i'm pretty much a dawn patrol surfer and the boat doesn't operate on a dawn-patrol schedule, nor do the waves, for that matter, from what i can tell.  maybe i'm looking at the wrong spots?

i'd hoped el anclote was a dawn spot but that doesn't seem to be the case.  while i've been here, it's always got morning sickness on it and doesn't clean up until mid morning or mid day and doesn't really get nice until 4pm and after.  that's when i've been going out, but i haven't been happy about it.  my feet tend to feel like they have bricks hanging from them by that time (i have a stupid disease akin to ms).

in any event, we've started getting a swell that is supposed to build into next week and then stick around for a while.  hopefully, the left at stinky's will start to work but the locals tell me not to get my hopes up.  meanwhile, the rights are confusing my already confused brain and feet, and i'm waiting for them to get themselves sorted out and start working for me instead of against.

so, that's where things stand, except that my pal wingnut (who also has ms, though his case is in remission) might come visit in early feb, in which case i'll be counting on him to use his contacts to get me some lefts ... unless you get to it first.  i'm counting on you, brother!

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
This could get interesting, a contest to find the first "good" left.  I hope that, that's in the eye of the beholder.  As a "correct" footer, lefts are always in the wrong direction for me.  Don't be concerned about your issues.  Being an old fart and having spinal cord issues from a broken neck we should do great.  How tight are you tied into the place you're renting?  I ask, because a move to Sayulita might be a good call.  I always dawn patrol there because it's usually better then and the crowd doesn't get out till later.  There is also a regular breaking left down from the main peak.  There is also a good, friendly expat beach scene as well as a real beach scene.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »
Burros in front of the Palladium has a fun left. That's real close by.

It's one of those waves that just moves in and doesn't go down the line. Perfect for cutbacks, especially if you are a goofy foot.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
SW:  i'm not sure my free-trips deal w/ the surf shop next door includes burros but i'll ask.

surfk9: no, i am definitely not tied to PdM and the idea of a dawn-patrol left is definitely appealing.  i'd heard, though, that sayulita can get get super-crowded and that the locals rule the peaks.  but maybe, as you suggest, they are still sleeping off hangovers at the break of day.  perhaps we could check out the scene when you come down?

* Recent Posts

post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin
Today at 05:27:16 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
April 25, 2024, 09:11:14 PM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again