Author Topic: Whiteys is are back on Cape  (Read 5593 times)

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Whiteys is are back on Cape
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 05:37:57 AM »
Just be really happy Whities big brother Megaldon died out a few thousand years ago
Obfuscation through elucidation

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 05:51:39 AM »
Took a shower this morning then went out to get the Cape Cod Times and this is on the front page headline: http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120630/NEWS/206300331

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »
I concur with Celeste, picture carcharius(whitey), except now the size of a whale!
      Weed, I read the Cape Cod Times every day from the same coffee shop in Sandwich I frequent most mornings. They have a house copy I read because it's getting so thin with content that I'd rather not pay for it.
      I can pretty much assure you that your post doesn't do justice to actual size of the headline today. It was written in script larger than any I have ever seen on the five plus years of reading it most mornings. With tens of thousands of people descending on the Cape for July 4th week, it was a blatant attempt to sell newspapers by a dying brand. JC talked about increase in media coverage, but the Times decided to run this headline on Saturday morning when everyone was coming into town, rather than 2 days before when it was first reported. The Boston Globe ran the story before the Times. Shameful.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
I went to Coast Guard but no parking, up to Nauset light, went down and got in the water for 10 mins and then left. What little waves there were were just dumping onto the sand. I wanted to hit some of the shops and had a couple hours to kill...drove down to Head of the Meadow and scored some fun thigh to waist waves. Got the crap scared outta me by a BIG seal...biggest I've ever seen on the Cape. He must have been curious because he snuck in behind me as I was looking outward for the next set. I turned to start paddling for a wave and he was 5' from my board just under the surface and headed straight for me. All I saw was this big black thing headed for me. Heart skipped a beat for sure.... :o

I was glad I wanted to wait around to see Olaf at SickDay. Head of the Meadows was fun. Funky little bowl running right along the shore. I was turning out of the waves within a foot of the sand at times....very abrupt drop off...had to warn some clueless parents that it wasn't a good spot for their 4 year old to be playing. Last wave before we left I rode right in and stepped of onto the sand....earning a compliment for my finesse from a very comely 30 something young lady....glad I didn't do a faceplant... ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 07:37:10 PM »
Nauset Light was a dumping ground today. I saw my prone friend do a head over face move, glad his spinal cord is still intact. The sand bars are not working like I had been told. My SUP buddy and I paddled to Coast Guard for some serious rides with SW winds hitting the wave face. Our new strategy is to park at Nauset and  paddle north  to Coast Guard and back according to whats working (parking problem solved).

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »
Todd, you're right, the front page shark headline was huge and most likely a blatant attempt to sell newspaper. Probably a lot of tourist bought the paper to bring back home.

Axeman... are you saying no parking at 5:30 AM? Was there a gate locked or something? I overslept but turned on the beach cam around 7:15 AM and saw about 7 sup'ers out there. To larger guys which I thought were you and Creek.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
Today at 01:49:29 PM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 27, 2024, 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf