Author Topic: I am happy to see this section.  (Read 5561 times)

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
I am happy to see this section.
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »
THANK YOU Mr. Forum Admin. :) .  Now everyone needs to give there daily sessions. I am going again tomorrow, and will post afterwards. I went out yesterday, and the day before. Also did a race on the East Coast last Saturday, came in 5th out of 10 racers. Not bad, but I thought I would have to pace mysel, and ended up I just should of went full out the whole time. Oh well it was fun.

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I am happy to see this section.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:40:05 PM »
THANK YOU ADMIN!!!!!!

And kudus to you Russ on a great idea!

Damm, I am one 15 mods at a large online forum (Cuban cigars, sports, etc), It takes us WEEKS to agree on new rooms and changes. Nice to see new idea put into action so quickly here!

I had a minor lower back injury from work, so my wife and chiropractor benched me for a few days......LOL...............but, I am much better today and we are planning an afternoon session laters this afternoon and another tomorrow morning. It will our first go out on the 12' Munoz............I will post the session when we get back.............cant wait!!

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »
no doubt we've all posted something based on our most recent experience while paddling, so here is my attempt to bring it all together:

whether it's just a simple turn of a phrase which makes us dance the distance while we're duke'n it out downtown, it's really all about the session that links us all together.

i would have to concur, good goin' there russ-d... kudos to the admins too!
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:21:50 PM »
Thanks y'all, I just felt like this would be something so usefull to begginers, and  experienced riders also. I know I can learn a LOT by talking to People that have been where I am trying to go.  I tell myself everyday that if I am not learning something new, I don't have my eyes open :) .
 Anyways, I plan on taking my SUB out 3-4 times a week, and posting on it. Plus I am an amateur photographer, so I try to take pics as much as possible, so I will contribute to that section as well ( I also get my Wy to shoot when she feels like going down to the Beach with me).
 HaleiwaBill , do you know a guy by the name of Collin Cherywell? He lives just up the road from Foodland off of Pupukea Rd. Anyways he is a real good friend of mine from over here on the Gulfcoast that has lived there for about 18 years now. I got to visit him 2 years ago on my Honeymoon, and definately fell in love with the Place. I'll be back , hopefully within 2 years, to visit. And I want to SUP around for sure. Plus the food at Haleiwa Joes is out of this World. Da*n I miss Hawaii.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:20:16 PM »
    This will be great to have an area to post our sessions, experiences and paddles to share with others. Will be looking forward to share and read with all my fellow paddlers. I have had many interesting encounters w/ aquatic wildlife, beach-going tourist's, onlookers and fellow non- paddling surf friends.
  One comes to mind.   Two weeks ago during a low tide ocean paddle where I paddle to exposed sholes and sand bars that form from inlets and bays  that empty into the ocean.  I encountered a school of Tarpon.   200?, 300? maybe even 5-600,  i dont know. but the school was 30-40 yards wide and about 100/150 yards long and  thick Looked like  a huge sheet of tin foil on the surface of the water.  I saw the birds diving over bait fish in the distance as they swam closer to me. Behind the bait fish I was witnessing large silver humps tearing at the bait fish. As I slowed down my paddle the school of bait fish, Tarpon, and any other species looking for a meal went under in front of me. As I stroked  forward at a slow pace I noticed under the nose of my board 3'-4' foot tarpon zoomed by just two feet under water. Like silver rockets at blazing speed. When the school went by the bait came to the surface , the birds started diving , the fish began to feed again.  I could not beleive what just happened. Many of my fishing buddies are captains and target tarpon in the summer months here and never hook-up or see one. When I told them about the encounter some were amazed and others not too amazed. . That was worth the price of admission, a SUP ..  Wanted to share just one of my many sessions  atop an SUP.   ( Hey,a name of a Book  ''Life atop an SUP''.   )  Many more to come....
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »
Thanks y'all, I just felt like this would be something so usefull to begginers, and  experienced riders also. I know I can learn a LOT by talking to People that have been where I am trying to go.  I tell myself everyday that if I am not learning something new, I don't have my eyes open :) .
 Anyways, I plan on taking my SUB out 3-4 times a week, and posting on it. Plus I am an amateur photographer, so I try to take pics as much as possible, so I will contribute to that section as well ( I also get my Wy to shoot when she feels like going down to the Beach with me).
 HaleiwaBill , do you know a guy by the name of Collin Cherywell? He lives just up the road from Foodland off of Pupukea Rd. Anyways he is a real good friend of mine from over here on the Gulfcoast that has lived there for about 18 years now. I got to visit him 2 years ago on my Honeymoon, and definately fell in love with the Place. I'll be back , hopefully within 2 years, to visit. And I want to SUP around for sure. Plus the food at Haleiwa Joes is out of this World. Da*n I miss Hawaii.

Hey Russ, I agree about learning something new everytime we go out. At 49 yrs old I still feel like kid with my normal laydown surfing. But the STOKE I have for SUP has me on an even higher level! It feels like when I was a kid and anytime away from the water killed me.........LOL

I dont know your friend Colin by name, but maybe by face? Does he surf?

Yea, Haleiwa Joes rocks! Love their seared ahi and steak/lobster dinner. plus you cant beat the view!I hope you make it to Hawaii again. we will definetly hook up for a paddle surf!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:03:55 PM by HaleiwaBill »

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »
    This will be great to have an area to post our sessions, experiences and paddles to share with others. Will be looking forward to share and read with all my fellow paddlers. I have had many interesting encounters w/ aquatic wildlife, beach-going tourist's, onlookers and fellow non- paddling surf friends.
  One comes to mind.   Two weeks ago during a low tide ocean paddle where I paddle to exposed sholes and sand bars that form from inlets and bays  that empty into the ocean.  I encountered a school of Tarpon.   200?, 300? maybe even 5-600,  i dont know. but the school was 30-40 yards wide and about 100/150 yards long and  thick Looked like  a huge sheet of tin foil on the surface of the water.  I saw the birds diving over bait fish in the distance as they swam closer to me. Behind the bait fish I was witnessing large silver humps tearing at the bait fish. As I slowed down my paddle the school of bait fish, Tarpon, and any other species looking for a meal went under in front of me. As I stroked  forward at a slow pace I noticed under the nose of my board 3'-4' foot tarpon zoomed by just two feet under water. Like silver rockets at blazing speed. When the school went by the bait came to the surface , the birds started diving , the fish began to feed again.  I could not beleive what just happened. Many of my fishing buddies are captains and target tarpon in the summer months here and never hook-up or see one. When I told them about the encounter some were amazed and others not too amazed. . That was worth the price of admission, a SUP ..  Wanted to share just one of my many sessions  atop an SUP.   ( Hey,a name of a Book  ''Life atop an SUP''.   )  Many more to come....

GREAT session!

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
Hey Bill, yeah he Surfs. He is the manager of the Honda motorcycle dealer in Town. Anyways, just thought maybe :) . And the seares Ahi is the last thing I ate before I headed off to the Airport in November of 2005. And the Coconut Shrimp, man are they GOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Yeah, when I come back out there, I'll let y'all know.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin
Today at 05:27:16 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
April 25, 2024, 09:11:14 PM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again