Author Topic: my dog passed.  (Read 10492 times)

bean

Re: my dog passed.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Hey, Newton and any Monmouth County Zoners, I'm paddling out Wed. morning about 6:30am just outside the Easternlines shop in Belmar.  I'll be riding, or more likely, swimming after a 10' McT.  Should be 3' and glassy, hope to see you there. 

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »
 Bill is spot-on, Newton... The grieving is important but don't let it consume you. Blarney would want you to grieve a bit; but then to go and get on with your life. You'll be OK, my friend...    later,           JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

raf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • soposup.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:41 PM »
That really sucks, Newton.  But you have your wife.  I had a very hard thing happen a few years back and the only way I got through it was with the help of my wonderful wife.  Without relying on each other, I don't know how we would have made it through.  Maybe the two of you could go out together and find a way to celebrate what Blarney gave you both.

raf

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
ya we paddle flat water yesterday it was good. i rode my 7'9 to challenge me and keep my mind working. it seems to be better when im not home right now. walking at the beach and just talking about the good times.  going to work today mayby it will help and focous. hopefully some surf later. id surf bellmar weds.morn ill see how i feel.   i think i saw u out a week or so ago at 17th in the evening

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 06:52:41 AM »
Sorry for your loss, Newton. I had to put my black lab down a few years ago. It really broke my heart.  I'll be surfing in Belmar tomorrow morning, but not until I drop my daughter off at school @ 9. Today I have my hands tied, wife's 40th birthday. Buoy says 10ft at 8 seconds, add 20kt plus offshores this afternoon and it may not be very fun anyway.

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »
And if you don't mind me asking, what SUP contest were you headed to? I don't have my ear on the tracks or anything, but I haven't heard boo about any SUP surfing contests here. I'd love  to be a part of something like that.

bean

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
Trashinwb and Newton333, did you guys get out yesterday morning?  Nice clean chest high waves, I tweaked my shoulder and had to get out just after 7 or so.  Next good day Sunday morning, just past the north pavilion in Spring Lake,  looking to get out arround 8:30 or so with a couple of longboarders (that need converting).  Hope to see you guys there. 

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »
I was out two mornings ago, when there were waves, but not yesterday with the brisk onshores and knee high waves. I actually went out across from the surfshop this morning because it was almost waist high and oil glass. Must have caught 40 little waves in an hour and 15 minutes.

Are you speaking of the grumpy old longboarders at Washington Ave, Bean?
I'll be out somewhere Sunday morning before the winds pick up. Tuesday morning is looking good also.

bean

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
Nah trashinwb, not those guys, I hear they keep their boards at the Sprig Lake CC ;D

Hope to see you and Newton333 on Sunday if you can make it,  if you want to try back up in Belmar, just give me a shout. 

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
Not the golf club... Spring Lake Bath and Tennis....

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »
i may be in cape may tomorrow for contest if its decent. ill be around sun mayby ill shoot down that way in the morning if its good.

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 07:50:41 AM »
Newton, I was under the impression that the SNJ ESA surf contests only had SUP racing, not surfing. May want to double check that before driving 100 miles to Cape May.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
nope 100% surf events right with all the other surf events.  extreme windsurf is now a sponsor and its been added to every event this yr.   but     event was cancelled again at 6.30 this am. so i drove 100 miles just for that. bummer is a understatement.  check out south jersey esa next one is second weekend in may now.

trashinwb

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
Jersey Shore Paddle Surf meetup.com group has extreme windsurfing as a sponsor as well, and Jim is a moderator.  From what I was reading, he made it sound like the events would have sup races, not sup surfing. I'll double check what I read. I'd be down to compete in those events. Maybe we could car pool.... costs 20 bucks just to go to Margate and back.
Bean,
Don't know if I'm gonna make a surf tomorrow morning. My board felt strangely heavier to me yesterday. Stood it on it's tail over night to see if maybe there was a crack in the glass job somewhere. Took a good look at it this morning and I cracked all of the glass around one of my fins. Spent the better part of the day today drying it. Finally glassed it and it's curing now, clamped down. Brian at Greenlight said it should cure in 2 hours, but it's not that warm out, so I'll probably leave it in the clamps overnight. If it looks good i can probably be in the water by 9:30 or so. I have a gold colored Mercury Monterey Van and I'll probably be around 20th Ave in Belmar.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
ya Reid from long beach ny is also down for the contest if they ever have it. ive talked with john down there who's the s esa guy there stoked to have surf sup but don't there the turn out is gonna be good so the more guys the better.  we gotta get the nort jersey district to add it... ive talked with them a lot of times   but they just wont do it anyone in n nj please email them asap tell them they need a sup division NOW!!!!!! they say they may try 1 event this yr in seaside.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
Badger
Today at 04:47:38 AM
post Re: Can I use any tail pad?
[Gear Talk]
PhilSurf
April 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM
post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]
dietlin