Author Topic: Audio Bone Waterproof headphones... review  (Read 3177 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Audio Bone Waterproof headphones... review
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Interesting idea.  They fit in front of the ear, not over the ear.  The sound quality is better than the H20 Audio fixed headphone... not as good as the H2O Audio ear bud.

Likes:  you are not totally isolated.  You hear the music, and also hear the environment around you.  Used them surfing at a pretty heavy beachbreak/ reefbreak and they only came off once... Would be really good to use in a race to hear your beats, but be able to interact with your fellow racers... also maybe in a training situation so you don't get isolated from your training partners... Also, MAY BE legal to wear while driving (bcz they don't cover your ears... check your local laws... no, I wont defend you for free)... seem well made.  Fit really nicely... and didn't mess up my hair... seem very durable.  Jammed them into my trunk pocket when the crowd paddled onto me and they were fine afterwards.

Dislikes:  Sound quality not great.  Volume does not go quite high enough in the wind... maybe with ear plugs it would be better... (but that would defeat the purpose)...

Saw them online when researching better quality headphones for travel... won't work for that...  thought that I would give them a go and let the Zoners know what I thought.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Bone Waterproof headphones... review
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »
We experimented with the technology in both microphones and listening devices in our structural firefighting gear a couple years ago.  The results varied widely depending on the user unfortunately.  Guys like me with cro-magnun features were able to both transmit and hear effectively.  I think it has to do with the amount of bone protrusion close to the surface of the skin that allows sound to be effectively transmitted.  I could be heard and hear pretty much perfectly, while the folks with softer features (for lack of a better word) were pretty much screwed.  If it works for you that's great but I'd definitely give it a try before buying it if possible.  I may look into these as I'm starting to put some distance into my days and no just surfing all the time.  Thanks!

JillRide45

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Bone Waterproof headphones... review
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 09:03:15 AM »
HI

I paddle flatwater and open ocean distance and almost always listen to music using a waterproof Ipod shuffle.  I also almost always go out with my husband so it is nice if I can hear.  What I had resorted to is wearing only one earbud so at least I could hear something.  Based on Tim's review I thought I would give the Audiobones a try. 

In the house I really did not like them.  Just seem too big on my head, sound is not so great... but on the water it is a different story.  I just let them sit in front of my ears and turned on the tunes.  I can still hear boats, people, and myself talking and the music playing.  Not the full concert sound like earbuds but make the experience more enjoyable because you do not feel so isolated. 

Cheers, Jill

* Recent Posts

post Re: 85l Sunova Carver: Gorge Review
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 08:14:26 AM
post Re: 85l Sunova Carver: Gorge Review
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
lakemichiganwingfoiler
Today at 05:37:01 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]