Author Topic: SIC Bullet or Starboard Airline (or neither)  (Read 5528 times)

Foil_Dreamer

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: SIC Bullet or Starboard Airline (or neither)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2023, 03:12:21 PM »
Took out the iBullet this morning. Was about 2 to 4 foot breakers coming in to the beach break but the rollers were starting to form maybe 100 + yards out. Wind was dead to near dead on shore. A ski was out when I got there and watched him on one for a bit and he stayed on it turning off right before it started to break. Today was the second time I had the board out and the first time in open ocean. And....

Caught a couple!

Actually more like a couple of rollers caught me. The first one I had shifted to a slight surf stance and was paddling along when I felt a really nice increase in speed and realized that I was on it. Had to be about 20 or more yards before the break zone so I was sort of caught off guard. This thing was just a completely green unrideable (for a long board with me on it)  swell when it picked me up. Instinctively tried to turn the board after about 7 seconds of paddle free gliding and fell off.

Next one picked me up while in neutral stance. Again tried to turn the thing and fell off. Obviously this thing is not built for agile turns. Feeling like what I am trying to do should involve just staying straight with the roller and figuring out an exit strategy that doesn't involve bailing or riding a 17 foot board into breaking white water.

I'm sure a composite would probably bring more rides etc but it looks like this thing will be the answer for what I am trying to do. Kinda surprised now that I don't see anyone on big composites doing this. Combination of paddling around, catching some glides, and being way away from the lineup and the crashy stuff seems like its going to be a lot of fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal