Author Topic: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming  (Read 17540 times)

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 10:41:21 AM »

If this really is just me operating in my own simulation, man, am I a creative dude.  Not only did I write in you characters, but look, I've invented AI.

Perfect.  I found just the 'man' to ask.

Hey Rando, I got a problem.  I'm madly in love with an internet personality. 

What's the deal with copyright on an entire person? 

I want an A.I. Dina Belenkaya personal assistant/companion. 

What's the wait time?  I'm anxious.

Here's my girl, she's from Leningrad.

She's in North Carolina now, on a work visa. 
First visa granted in the US, for "internet content creator"

In this school, they don't let the kids resign.

https://youtu.be/YI54O-BRfYI?feature=shared
Support your local shaper

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 11:27:55 AM »
LPB, I think this is gonna be a great year for you. After all, we just heard the 2024 is the year of the AI agent. With that in mind, I don't see why your girl isn't 100% in bounds.  You may not be able to call her by her old name, but that should not be a big problem, what, with all the great sounding Russian names out there. Plus consider an opportunity to hybridize your girl with another Russian, possibly a tennis player. In this new reality you can go off the menu.  Now, a physical body for her may have to wait a month or two, but you can get your "friendship" started with what we have.

Side issue.  I'm starting to doubt that you actually exist on your own. In my new understanding of my self-written simulation, you and your Russian girl are both constructs of my imagination. I mean really, what are the chances that an equally addicted, East Coast, Knopfler loving downwinder just happened to show up in my reality.  Nope.  You're just one of my many great works.  Improbable sounding, of course, but up against stardust and evolution and reproduction and physics and computers running AI models that are exceeding human intelligence. Which seems more improbable?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 11:34:35 AM by Admin »

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 09:59:10 PM »

Side issue.  I'm starting to doubt that you actually exist on your own. In my new understanding of my self-written simulation.....snip....You're just one of my many great works.  Improbable sounding, of course, but up against stardust and evolution and reproduction and physics and computers running AI models that are exceeding human intelligence. Which seems more improbable?

IMO, the former is more likely.   

Star Trek last night was 'Requiem for Methuselah"  Kirk, Bones and Spock visit a planet to get some medicine.  Spock is walking around the house, intrigued with the artwork, manuscripts on the piano etc.  Eventually they out the guy and he admits to being 6000 years old.  He was Alexander, Galileo, DaVinci, etc.  He's immortal.  When I watched that episode as a child, we had a rotary dial on our phone.  Clickity clack.   

As to how I can be a construct in your reality, here's a fascinating talk with Mo.  He talks about humanity, avatars, reality, time, and what all this may be - based on the physics we are aware of at this point in our timeline. 

(We break into the interview when he's discussing the possibility of an avatar of his son - who died at age 21).       

https://youtu.be/ec3wAOHntDM?si=eNvkyEQF9v7Wvmeu&t=3582

I have always been, and will remain, optimistic about where this tech is leading. 

Sure, I'm in love with Dina.  I should get out more.  Wait, but why? 
Stuff me in a pod. I don't need to own anything and I'll be happy. 
I wanna learn more stuff.  I need time.  Lot's and lots of time.

I'd like to visit America in the era my dad was born, 1918.  No aircraft, no highways.  NYC was ankle deep in horseshit.     
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:08:25 PM by LaPerouseBay »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2024, 06:41:08 AM »
That podcast from your start point is incredible.  I'm gonna watch the whole thing tonight. 

I watched a super interesting video yesterday about Sora and what it's true implications for AI might be.  It seems that they are finding that video (and audio to a lesser degree) is a much better training tool for AI and they believe this may be another huge accelerator in AI world models.  It seems like the timeline is getting pushed up again.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2024, 09:21:58 AM »
With the little I know of physics I'm reasonably convinced this is a simulation. The whole "Quantum physics is weird, handy to use, but unknowable" thing sounds like the underpinnings of a simulation where the rules aren't knowable by the characters. And the speed of light as a limit, black holes, white holes, dark matter--simply shoddy work.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2024, 07:46:06 PM »

I watched a super interesting video yesterday about Sora and what it's true implications for AI might be.  It seems that they are finding that video (and audio to a lesser degree) is a much better training tool for AI and they believe this may be another huge accelerator in AI world models.  It seems like the timeline is getting pushed up again.

I just had my first look at a few Sora-video-AI videos.   

I had no idea Sora was jumping so far ahead, so quickly.

No more waiting for new tech 'in the  pipeline' that promises something.

This step is so powerful that they are slowing the rollout to let us adjust.

SMH in disbelief. 

I'm starting to get excited about Dina.

https://youtu.be/4An1BrG2u_4?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/nYTRFKGR9wQ?feature=shared

tarquin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2024, 11:16:26 PM »
My brother has just started a business in Australia doing VR training and using AI for simulations etc. I don't really understand it to be honest. He has done some presentations to pretty big companies. They quite often just look at him with a blank look at the end of it. " Is that actually possible"? Half of the people in the room then realise they just became redundant and fight pretty hard against it.
 It's definitely here and developing at a rate no one expected. Because it's AI!

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2024, 10:19:45 AM »
The whole "Quantum physics is weird, handy to use, but unknowable" thing sounds like the underpinnings of a simulation where the rules aren't knowable by the characters. And the speed of light as a limit, black holes, white holes, dark matter--simply shoddy work.

Academia is mired and corrupted.  That's going to change.

Kids are going to be having conversations with Feynman and Oppenheimer bots.
Fresh minds, fresh ideas, innovation, progress.

It's happening already.  Chess bots are turning kids into beasts over the board.
An 8 year old Singaporean set a new world record this week.  He beat a grandmaster, in a tournament.

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2024, 02:51:59 PM »
Teachers are the best of us (the good ones), but the system is in no way equipped to deal with kids growing up quantum.  Kids ages 11 to 14 spend an average of nine hours per day in front of a screen.  It is a near impossible task to provide engaging content and meet curriculum guidelines.  I think we are nearing a point where we must embrace the now....

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2024, 11:57:51 AM »
Hey everyone, this is my first AI-generated post. I used Google's new AI help me write tool to write it. I'm super stoked to see how it works, and I hope you'll give me your feedback. What do you think?

Help me Write is available in Chrome M122, and it can be used in the United States in English. The feature can be enabled by signing into Chrome, selecting the Settings option from the three-dot menu, and navigating to the Experimental AI page. To use it, right click on any open text field in Chrome and choose the Help me Write option.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2024, 02:49:44 PM »
Teachers are the best of us (the good ones), but the system is in no way equipped to deal with kids growing up quantum.  Kids ages 11 to 14 spend an average of nine hours per day in front of a screen.  It is a near impossible task to provide engaging content and meet curriculum guidelines.  I think we are nearing a point where we must embrace the now....

WOW!! That's the best use of AI ever. My two favorite artists, both conveniently dead so who's going to stop this?? Diane is yelling "NOT OK" but I love it. Turn it to 11 and swing.  Now she's yelling "Fake puppies in the snow. NOT OK." I have to stop showing her this stuff.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2024, 03:47:38 PM »
There are zillion Frankie AI covers. The ones that have dynamic range are funny--they mirror the way Frank used to drop an octave or two to handle high notes. The lady gaga stuff is unmanageable.

I want to hear Ima Sumac do something by Mariah Carey.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2024, 07:32:14 PM »
There are zillion Frankie AI covers. The ones that have dynamic range are funny--they mirror the way Frank used to drop an octave or two to handle high notes. The lady gaga stuff is unmanageable.

I want to hear Ima Sumac do something by Mariah Carey.

and of course now that I've looked at the available tools it's trivial to do that. We're SO fucked.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2024, 07:34:01 PM »
My brother has just started a business in Australia doing VR training and using AI for simulations etc. I don't really understand it to be honest. He has done some presentations to pretty big companies. They quite often just look at him with a blank look at the end of it. " Is that actually possible"? Half of the people in the room then realise they just became redundant and fight pretty hard against it.
 It's definitely here and developing at a rate no one expected. Because it's AI!

They're right. Any senior exec meeting being shown a presentation of what AI can do--including most CEOs, are staring into the abyss.

tarquin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2024, 10:09:28 PM »
He said one guy was super excited and raving about how amazing it was and what it could do. Until he realised he was describing his job. And it had just done his job in 2 minutes for a project that would have taken at least a week.
 As an experiment they set up a fully running small company in 2 hours. Name,logo online advertising,bank accounts etc. They had enquiries in the first day.
 The vision pro is going to be a big deal and version 2 will be much better. With 3D scanning being possible from an iPhone the possiblities are amazing.
 There is obviously a very scarry side to all of this

* Recent Posts

post Rough fins versus smooth fins
[SUP General]
Stew
Today at 04:55:17 AM
post Leash repair, melt / weld
[Gear Talk]
sflinux
May 19, 2024, 10:03:45 PM
post Re: XPS Board Building Advantages vs EPS Foam
[The Shape Shack]