Author Topic: Motivation?  (Read 7225 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: Motivation?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2023, 07:05:28 PM »
Hit the micro waves w/the Wiki74. 9'11" Hull Ripper w/the Sea Sheppard keel fins, no side bites. Nice and loose in the clean lines. The paddle felt AMAZING at the shorter length! But I think I set the handle wrong. Flat side towards fingers and buldge in palm right? I've got the flat part in my palm. Saw a vid on TY w/PonoBill putting one together. These are nice paddles! I like the ergonomic design of the Kenalu paddle's handle. The flat side reminds me a bit of the T-handle like the Kialoa Methane I had.
  Managed a sesh before heading to my son's and then to the in-laws for fathers day.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/searcher_marc/3128036199089126479/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 07:11:45 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2023, 09:10:38 AM »
Stoked the paddle clicked for you cookie. I sold in the past two other paddles in the mid 70's sqi and it took some convincing. Both dudes later thanked me for downsizing them. New toys are always a motivation boost for me :)
in progress...

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2023, 06:15:23 AM »
I have been using the Wiki 74 and the flex shaft for a couple years.  I love it.  It stinks that they are no longer made.  Not many companies go that small with the paddle blades. 

Jay P

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2023, 09:15:54 PM »
I have been using the Wiki 74 and the flex shaft for a couple years.  I love it.  It stinks that they are no longer made.  Not many companies go that small with the paddle blades. 
Jay P
Good to hear! The using part, not the discontinued part!

Stoked the paddle clicked for you cookie. I sold in the past two other paddles in the mid 70's sqi and it took some convincing. Both dudes later thanked me for downsizing them. New toys are always a motivation boost for me :)
LOL! Well thanx for only chargin' me shipping!

Stoked and edit. Tossin' it in Sessions too.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2023, 09:25:23 AM »
I see that Blackproject makes a 75 paddle blade.  They also have flex shaft options.   At $550 list price,  By no means inexpensive.

JP

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2023, 07:50:14 AM »
I hear  you   It’s similar for me.  I am 3 months from 70.  Moved up to Yosemite at the start of COVID. But was working in so Orange County  lost so much tow hardly surfed at all.   Work never slowed down  so surfing never got more time. Then with COVID everyone who was supposed stay home just went to the beach  and everyday was  like Saturday that means all these people would come down to terramar my favorite break  hog all the parking  it really put a damper on my surf mood. Finally moved back from the mountains to San Diego. But could no longer buy a home in the beach town s where I lived for  almost 50 years and ended up in Fallbrook nice  place good compromise between wide open mountains and jammed packed coast  but still haven’t found the time  needless to say I lost so much skill and physical condition gained so much weight  so right now trying to get motivated but it is difficult when there is so much to do.  I am also waiting on my boost fin tpp
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2023, 08:30:09 AM »
Thanx for ringing in JP and OW. You guys are stokers!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2023, 07:24:54 PM »
Motivation was pretty sparse through July but I managed to find some in the July heat. Water felt beautiful. about 75° with 80° air. Hope you find yours Outsidewave.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cum0BJmMffc/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal