Author Topic: TRX!?  (Read 14009 times)

SUPinside

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TRX!?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
good stuff.. and yeah gotta go w/ compression undies for pilates, trx, yoga.. and board shorts (w/ stretch) better than flimsy gym shorts.. imo
Except when playing "Naughty Instructor" with your wife.... :P ;)

whatever works for you..there are no boundaries in cross-training ;)

SUPinside

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
while it's true that TRX/suspension training can be tailored to all levels, part of why I liked SoCal hitting up pilates before he tackles TRX is that I'm forever grateful for my limited to exposure to yoga and pilates.. I'd still get my ass kicked in pilates or power yoga class, but I constantly use moves I got from those disciplines in balance training and trx/suspension training.  It really helps the imagination.....and when you're stuck inside a gym, it really helps to have a big bag of tricks/imagination/go-to moves.....i.e.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
5 sessions into the reformer and then doing mat sessions with my wife.
Im lgetting stronger for sure-down about 6-7 pounds-also running 5 miles 3x a week, diet is a work in progress.

The reformer is gnarly when done correctly, and with Pilates its so critical to get the form correct-some of these moves, the advanced ones my wife does and not me, are gonna get you hurt if not done properly.

Im amazed at by how just the smallest tweak or the position of a hand or arm or leg or foot will cause a certain muscle to be isolated-its an intense workout and im really liking it so far.

Going to try and find a reform studio for the long term, i know Pilates is what i need to be doing, i feel strectched out and leaner and longer and thats what i want-already way more flexible in 5 sessions due to the emphasis on stretching as well. My low back is already feeling better and i can tell that its getting stronger -along with the all important lower-mid abs-also found out my hams are ridiculously tight-like all the time-pilates stretches and lengthens them-thus freeing up all the surrounding muscles.

Gonna do my best to keep this up-its the right workout for me.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

SUPinside

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
nice work! if I had to guess the weakest link in my fittest friends (triathletes, marathoners, and gym-rats..), it would be flexibility and balance.. If your spending time w/ SUP and Pilates, your program has nice balance..

Don't write off trx tho.. you can have fun with it someday after you've mastered pilates..or you get sick of not being able to keep up with your wife ;)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:52:17 PM by SUPinside »

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »
nice work! if I had to guess the weakest link in my fittest friends (triathletes, marathoners, and gym-rats..), it would be flexibility and balance.. If your spending time w/ SUP and Pilates, your program has nice balance..

Don't write off trx tho.. you can have fun with it someday after you've mastered pilates..or you get sick of not being able to keep up with your wife ;)

thanks dude-i think between the pilates-running-sup and my wife being the diet nazi i got a shot man!!
Haha youre last sentence made me laugh!-no chance of that!
TRX is still on the list but man the depth of stuff you can do with pilates between the mat-reformer and spring box is truly deep.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal