Author Topic: Merry Christmas rest of the nation!  (Read 4696 times)

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
Merry Christmas rest of the nation!
« on: October 24, 2011, 04:46:54 PM »
its true-now everyone basically outside of Socal can experience the In-n-Out goodness!
Surely world peace is now within our grasp!
Rejoice America!

http://www.thedailymeal.com/n-out-burger-coming-town-near-you/4350
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

SupVato

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas rest of the nation!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
There goes our So Cal bragging rights. NY Pizza, Chicago Hot Dog, Philly Cheesesteak, Louisiana BBQ. Everone will finally taste the Heavenly Double Double animal style!! I just gave myself the munchies..C-ya!

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:57:29 AM »
Remember, you can order your fries well done.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
Remarkable burger joint with a remarkably focused menu. Burgers. Fries. None of this happy meal crap. I drive my wife nuts when we're in SoCal--I always have to have one Inn-n-out burger. Never, never disappointed.

Oh, and if you're going to do it right, you have to know about the secret menu. The posted menu is as simple as they come, but Inn-n-out will make your burger custom, and your fries super crispy. all you have to do is ask. Here's a guide.

It's 6:43 and I am DYING for a double double with peppers and fries super extra crispy

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/03/the-in-n-out-survival-guide-we-ate-every-single-item-on-the-secret-menu.html?utm_source=Serious+Eats+Newsletters&utm_campaign=e28e1b31c3-Serious_Eats_Newsletter_March_7_2011&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:44:27 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »
I don't know what the hoopla is about regarding In-N-Out - I wish people would get so excited when their community opens a local and organic farmer's market... but instead, my community (and likely others) push against them because it might increase traffic or parking, and we get more and more of this crap.

I admit, it is not quite as disgusting as McD's or BK, but its pretty much the same with a bunch of white workers with degree's in "Hamburger-ology."

I am from Cali, and admit the joint has its share of "character" - certainly, it has not succeeded on its flavor. The burger is bland, the fries usually soggy... and the crowds of fat tourists usually make me reconsider ordering a 1000-calorie, low energy, excuse for an old fashioned meal for $5 or 6.

All in all, I put In-N-Out in the same category as ANY fast food. While I'm not vegetarian and generally do not encourage others to give up meat, it is inhumane and unhealthy to *produce* meat the way necessary to fuel America  ---- In-N-Out and the excitement it generates is just another example. 

Merry Christmas indeed...

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »
wow mana tell us how you really feel!
Personally i dont care what color the person is behind the counter, is a burger from a black or brown person equally vile?,  ???
Oh and they are opening a Whole Paycheck up in my area!!!-yeeha!!

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
I don't care what color they are either, I just think In-N-Out is unjustly considered a "CLEAN" fast food joint?  That is an oxymoron no matter how you shape it up.  

The BEST burger is made by the hands of me.

Also, Whole Foods is NOT a farmer's market, it is a grocery store, but I'd still feel better (at least physically) after spending my money there.  

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »
true-they are clean as far as the cleanliness of the restaurant but it is just another fast food joint that just happens to have the worlds greatest hamburger IMHO, it is bad for you and i dont partake much but man when i wanna great burger-the double double is just the best.
Your White people comment tripped me up?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:29 AM »
To each their own. the difference between McD's and Inn-n-out is pretty obvious if you take some time with it. Fresh beef, fresh rolls, fresh spuds, fresh vegetables. All done as locally as possible. One Inn-n-out is probably more significant to local farmers than ten farmer's markets (and I love and support our farmer's markets here in the Hood and in PDX).

If you think a Inn-n-out burger is bland, it's just because you don't know how to order them. The secret of Inn-n-out is that their menu is not the whole story. I heard that Thomas Keller liked Inn-n-out. Had dinner with him a few years ago at Yosemite Lodge (he's a friend of a friend of mine) and asked him about it. He said they are spectacular if you order them properly. We spent ten minutes trading Inn-n-out ordering secrets.

Incidentally, the problem with their fries is that they make them from freshly cut potatoes and fry them once. If you want great fries you have to blanch them, then fry them. McD fries are pre-blanched and frozen. Given my druthers between frozen and fresh, I'll take fresh and have them overcooked to crispness.

If you want truly great fries you have to fry them three times in small batches, reheating the oil to near-smoking between dips so the oil doesn't loose too much temperature as the water boils out of the fry. That's simply not economically viable in any restaurant setting. I do it at home once a year or so and it's a big PIA.

The grease on an Inn-n-out fry is all on the outside, because the outrushing steam leaves no opportunity for penetration.

Finally A. What's wrong with white workers? and B. Most Inn-n-outs I've been to looked pretty rainbow.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 08:13:15 AM »
Like I said, I agree it is a (small) notch above the other fast food places - just the hype I could do without.

I am just making social commentary about the things we (as a whole) get excited about. I always dread having to take my out-of-towners to In-N-Out, but they all want it based on the hype.

I am glad you enjoy it.

Also, I should know better than to comment on race, politics, etc. over a message board. Never does any good ;)

Peace. Aloha. Shalom.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
To me as a marketer, the interesting aspect of the hype is that as far as I can tell it is externally generated. They are a surprisingly heads-down company given their success. Probably a company culture thing that explains their menu as well. Burgers, fries and a drink. Keep it simple, make it as well as you can.

Works for me.

I think I'm doing that with paddles. Though given my ADD, sharp focus is a fleeting thing.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:30:50 AM by PonoBill »

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »
 ;D

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
I'm convinced.  I'm going to go get an In-n-Out burger.  Closest one is Redding, California.  420.2 miles--I can be there in 373 minutes.

The 1-hour trip to Hood River for downwinding that I still haven't managed to do is going to have to wait.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Look this burger in the eyes and tell it that it's no different than a McD's

Some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »
Is that WHITE bread??!! ;D :o ::) :P :-*

* Recent Posts

post Re: Stand Up Paddle Boards
[Classifieds]