Author Topic: Fatness for the Holidays...  (Read 28822 times)

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
Re: Fatness for the Holidays...
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
I'm with you Tim...2# week via watching the diet.  My work fluctuates drastically between "barely time to sleep" to "lets surf and go to movies this week".  The Livestrong.com thing has made it real easy for me not to stray.  It's not even really dieting, just being more aware of not over eating.

This is the kinda stuff I have to deal with ..... yesterday's 9:30pm "second meal"  I had zero slices and felt way better than I would off had I indulged.

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
I know no one is requesting these but i'll post them up anyway... here's another site i like to visit once in a while... http://theleansaloon.com/

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »
I know no one is requesting these but i'll post them up anyway... here's another site i like to visit once in a while... http://theleansaloon.com/
Marcelo--keep posting them.  I appreciate all the info that you're introducing me to.

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
The video on the first article is kind of scary! take a look...

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
Marcelo...

Keep them coming from me too... I know that 185ish is going to come without too much work... just being carefule and not going to "Village Pizza" ... but 180 is gonna be a bitch, so I am stoked at all of the information that you are providing...

Ordered that Marksdailyapple dude's bood on Kindle... gonna read it this weekend.

Bill (Headmount)

BEAUTIFUL grandkid!  My son is now 16... had him turning at 3... now we enjoy bombing together... one rule... dad isn't allowed to get airborn anymore... and no tunes on the slopes... only on the lifts...

Pono,

Happy BD!  Now you can put us all to shame.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
My fat pic from 6 months ago... 210

For all, beware of flu raging around the country.  The body doesn't like change, even if it's good and resistance goes down.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »
Please excuse the language...

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
 ;D
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »
Not to be a shil for a fellow Zoner, but Men's Journal has a great piece in it on protein centric dieting.

I had always been a skeptic on this sh*t, even when Pono made fun of my diet... then I checked out Marks Daily Apple... then read this article... then bought Mark Sisson's book... now I am totally hooked, totally on board, and filling out the new grocery list.

There are some GREAT recipes in this issue of Men's Journal that I am looking forward to cooking this weekend.

Pick up the magazine, you will be glad that you did!

It is the issue with Jason Statham on the cover... what a jerk that guy sounds like!  A likeable jerk, but a jerk nonetheless.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
well if chocolate milk and pop tarts are protein i am golden!!

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
You are already Golden So Cal... Congrat's on the C Dizzle situation!

HELP to anyone who knows... are there any good frozen dinners that pair up well with the Primal Diet?

I know it goes against the grain (:)) with the whole caveman thing... but I just don't have time to cook every day... or even every other day.  The wife it too busy as well... and we don't want some stranger cooking at our house...

Any suggestions on frozen or prepared meals in So Cal?

Thanks,

Tim

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
Hey SL-

I've been doing slow-carb/high protein for about 3.5 weeks now and have gone from 235 to 219. I've never lost weight like that before.

I've changed the way I eat, shop and look at food in general.

The change was a result of a b@tch slap comment delivered in the middle of my ponderings regarding going faster on the race board. While I was wondering which direction I should sand my fin or the speed merits of a QB vs. Kialoa paddle somebody wrote (I can't remember exactly who it was- but I think I know): "John, the truth of the matter is you can be fat or you can be fast but you can't be both".

The guy was right- so I did some reading, found a program I could stick to- and it's worked- I am faster as a result of being less fat (just did the Hanohano 4.75 mile race in Mission Bay my best time ever and 17th out of 50 in the stock division).

It does take some preparation. I spend a couple hours each Sunday afternoon getting all the essentials ready. I'm going to spin off yet another blog from my experience with this- the site will be www.fatorfast.com (I just purchased the url but there's nothing there yet- give me a couple of weeks). I'll chronicle what I did, how I did it and how it's affected my racing. I'm excited to put up recipes and basically explain how I'm doing it. I do think I've got some tricks and tips that might be helpful.

Please let us know what you're doing and how it's going- I look at food completely differently now.

John

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:27 PM »
Tim-thanks man!-CD is so stoked he cant sleep!

John-sounds great-thats a great and true quote!-i dont distance paddle so much but its just so much better to be light and lean. congrats on the weight drop!-love the URL! ;D

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
John and Jon,

Funny, I was thinking the same thing... Sunday afternoons relaxing with the family... Try out a few recipes.

Stopped at trader joes on the way home... Just finished a pumpkinseed, arugula, spinach, bay shrimp, salad topped with simple black pepper, half an avocado, evoo, and dark sesame oil... Super tasty and made it in about five minutes... Just looked at the approved foods and went for it... Mad scientist in the kitchen AND in the lineup now, baby!

Had a nice little square of 73 percent dark chocolate and a bite of organic buffalo jerky to top it off

Awesome on the dietary/lifestyle change... Can't wait to add your new site to my daily visits... Much like your current site www.paddle surf.net...

I saw the results of your race and could not BELIEVE that you nabbed top 15!  Way to freaking go!  I knew that you were doing a few distance paddles... But that is a serious result!

Tim

I look forward to figuring this whole healthy fat, low carb, whole food with you

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
This thread is starting to sound like a Geico ad.  Even a caveman can go Paleo.  I got a great deli within walking distance that serves tasty hormone and antibiotic free chicken.  "I eat more chicken than any man ever seen."  JM  .... But I think the key is not eating past 6 PM , 7 at the latest.  I ate Buffalo ribs in B.C. once.  Loved them but man did I cut some raunch farts the next day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal