Author Topic: Slater Trout Video  (Read 7259 times)

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Slater Trout Video
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:47:46 AM »
Shot this yesterday of Slater on the South Shore.  The last 2 weeks plus  of perfect north shore surf (thanks North Shore) left us for a day, and the south shore started getting a little bump.  Came with some light onshore wind and was small, but Slater can have fun in anything!   Props early on to Lighning Bolt Maui, Bill, Maui Rippers, and now C4 Waterman for sponsoring young talent in our sport.  Way to go!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:44:25 AM by Admin »

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
Re: Slater Trout Video
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »
Slater's killing it on that 9'0" batwing.  Nice..

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33:20 AM »
...."tell  me once again, I love you, lovely hula hands kou lima nani e" Nice video, nice soundtrack.
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »
...forgot to mention, if you have a good connection, download the WMV file at the lower right corner of the Vimeo page.  Way better quality and only 52 meg.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
...."tell  me once again, I love you, lovely hula hands kou lima nani e" Nice video, nice soundtrack.

Thanks Nate.  Maybe in a while after we all get some of these new technolgies worked out a bit more, we will get together a group video.  Share footage from the year and see what we end up with.  If the interest is there, we could give DVD's out to zoners and users of participating sites like your great site (free of charge-of course). 

Best, Randy

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »
DVD's to Zoners sounds like a great idea!  I'm sure that everyone that's not back home in the islands would love to see guys having fun in the Hawaiian Blue water.  Especially if they transplanted some where cold where the water is green like I did!  I know that I would.

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
At 30" Slater Trout's paddle is upside down.
I'm working on a paddle prototype: double blade, a small one for handle and a normal one on the other side.

Share footage is a good idea.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »
I was blown away by his skills at the showcase and this certainly reinforces it. Great kid too!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

jethro

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »
Great video.
I love watching the skills the young guys have these days, be it shortboard,longboard or SUP,they are taking it to a different level.

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
Nice! I love the shot where he gracefully dives into the wave. I need to learn to bail like that, instead of having limbs flying around everywhere.

Mauirippers.com

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »
Slater RIPS!!!!!  See you guys on the north shore again this week! (He He)
Rand, your da-man.......

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 08:37:23 PM »
Just a reminder Slater Trout is 13 years old has been standup paddling less then 2 years.  Wait until he grows in to this sport. If you are impressed by him now just wait. There are still bigger things to come from Slater. Kids like Slater are pushing the limits of this sport. He has great family support as well as all members of his family standup paddle surf. He is paddling almost everyday and it shows in his skills. Slater is a good, kind, caring and respectful young man who rips on a standup paddle board. Slater is a great person to have pushing the boundaries of this sport.  We are very proud to have Slater on our Lightning Bolt Maui team. We need more people like him in and out of the water.

tonemike

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 11:58:33 PM »
so great to hear about stand up kids out doing stuff other than video games.  just about all my son's friends can do is play indoors.  i just don't get it  ??? ???

i'm really looking forward to seeing what that guy is doing when he's 18.  can you imagine slater in 5 years?  my 12 year old son loves watching what he can do, and it motivates my boy to get out in the cold grey-green water with me regularly.
-mike

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »
Slater and Zane Schweitzer were doing noserides while doing standem helicopters at the Ke Nalu board showcase....unbefrickinbelievable, and this was after having evaluated about 30 boards each. They're on the Laird 12-1 tuflite. 

The thing that impressed me the most though was that they were genuinely great kids. Fun to have around, very helpfull, thankfull, and respectfull. Their folks have done a great job.

More picks on http://www.kenalu.com/2008/02/24/2008-maui-stand-up-board-and-paddle-showcase/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:43:30 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
sorry to be so out of touch. This has been a frantic week, lots of technical troubles both with the Ke Nalu site and with my internet connection here at home. Not only that, I have friends and family (both!) here and there's been a good north and south swell.

I've got some great shots of Slater, Zane, Connor and Ashley to put into galleries on Ke Nalu. I also echo what Bob said--there are GREAT kids. Kudos to their parents for keeping them so grounded, nice, helpful and fun to hang out with. They've flown all over the world competing, and Ashley is a world-class beauty, but they are the nicest, most fun loving and pleasant kids I've come across in a long time. I'm far more impressed by that than their incredible talents.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal