Author Topic: acid wash  (Read 6422 times)

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
acid wash
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »
thought i'd share a little known secret which has helped me stay healthier through the years. it comes by way of one of those home remedies that really works wonders for many situations. it has helped me keep insect bites and fungal infections for proliferating when many of the more expensive over the counter solutions failed. pure and simple.... i'm talking about vinegar.

this simple remedy has cleared up an annoying thickening of the nails from months spent in the jungle. i use it to prevent that scourge of the waterman called surfer's ear. and it's helped provide relief from the occasional brush with jellyfish. one little two ounce spray bottle of the stuff is all that is needed to provide a little peace of mind and that healthy glow for about a week. it's an especially elegant solution for those who go to the gym and have to use those public showers or when having stepped into that questionable puddle. also works great for that pile of clothes that stayed wet in a pile and acquired that acrid smell...

here are some links that may provide a little insight into the matter:
http://www.surfline.com/surfaz/surfaz.cfm?id=919
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/home-remedies.html

i hope this helps someone out there.

always at your service,
alan
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: acid wash
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
Alan..I can't agree more of the benefits off good vinegar..its so good for your body inside and out. I must also tell you..last may I snapped by right distal bicep muscule tendon clean off (picking up my brand new 11' stand up board the wrong way). I had no idea what the rehab would be or how long I would be out of work or worse, how long I'd be out of the water. After surgery to re-attach my tendon, I was given a small bottle of Emu oil and was told of it's healing properties. After my cast came off a week later, I had nothing but time to try this so-called healer. As I was massaging my arm with this stuff and I did it 4 times a day, I went online to see what Emu oil was about, turns out its been around a long time and the Aboriginies have been using it for decades. I'm not here to talk or sell the stuff but my arm looked and felt better the more I used the oil. With great care and advice from my Doctor (Not to)...I was paddling on flat water in less then 3 weeks. I was told it would be months before i'd have my arm back but I've been ocean paddling for over 2 months . My Doc said He didn't want to see me anymore...I just smiled........

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:40:26 AM »
In what way where you picking up your Board that this happened?  I don't want to duplicate that move,  if possible.  I know theese things are awkard at best to pick up,  this is why I ask.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:51:02 AM »
wow! thanks for the tip on the emu oil... i've got a nagging achilles tendon that could use the treatment may help on softening those cracking heels too when they dry out after being in the water. heck... most of those "day-after" a paddle i probably wish i could bath in stuff.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 01:09:45 PM »
I have used vinegar on some really bad jelly fish stings in the past.  One time on the east coast I was wrapped up around the neck to my waist...  not pleasant.  Vinegar works quickly. 

Speaking of jelly fish, we have tons of red jellyfish in Del Mar the last few weeks.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »
Hehe....for what it's worth it also works well for your dogs ear infection.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal