Author Topic: Ke Nalu had some boards on the beach-pic  (Read 5091 times)

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
Ke Nalu had some boards on the beach-pic
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »
Nice beach ;D

Photo: Nikki
My undercover papperatzzi
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:35:41 PM by river »
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: ke Nalu had some boards-pic
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »
man o man, i can't wait to hear all about it.  thanks for the spy shot!

champcrow

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ke Nalu had some boards on the beach-pic
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:12:51 AM »
Same here bring it on ;D

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »
It was a lot of fun, I can hardly raise my arms. About 35 riders plus another ten informally, 51 boards, 20 paddles, nice little waves and a beautiful day.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »
What a great day! All the toys to play with and a chance to meet some great folks. Was especially fun to meet my fellow zoners....I even got a hug from Chan... ;D

The whole day was filled with smiles. Thanks for helping make it such a great day all.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

StandUpPaddleSurf.net

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
Bill - Thanks again for such an awesome event.  I had such an awesome time.  More important, I got to meet so many cool people, including you and Diane and Bob and Sue. 

Yesterday was just epic for us at Kanaha with Scott and his wife.   I can't stop thinking about how good the Kanaha session was.  I don't think I've ever been in head high waves, glassy conditions and only a few people in the crowd.  It was perfect. 

Also, a shout out to Rand and Chan who stopped by and also were at Kanaha.  Rand - I now found someone who can eat more than me.  It's amazing you're so skinny. 

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 03:53:17 PM »
Great effort Bill-
I can't wait to hear more about it from Bob.
ECSUP

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:44:39 AM »
Yesterday was just epic for us at Kanaha with Scott and his wife.   I can't stop thinking about how good the Kanaha session was.  I don't think I've ever been in head high waves, glassy conditions and only a few people in the crowd.  It was perfect. 

Also, a shout out to Rand and Chan who stopped by and also were at Kanaha.  Rand - I now found someone who can eat more than me.  It's amazing you're so skinny. 

It was a true pleasure to get to paddle with you guys at Kanaha in such fun conditions.  Saw Evan, Bob, Bill and Caveman get some super fun looking rides.  Yeahhhh!

PS:  I like pig.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »
Sure was fun, but now I've got to do the work. Just under 1000 eval sheets to compile. Oh well, it's interesting. There were NO boards that were universally disliked, just not enough wave to make the little ones perform (though the small riders had fun with them).

I was looking at the beach shot again and realized it's pretty late in the day--Ashley is sitting on the beach because she was feeling sick (she recovered enough to do tandem with her brother Connor). That means about half the boards were in the water.

Yeah, we had some boards on the beach.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
wow thats a nice pic...just begging for a paddle around... ;D

and look at all the TOYS to play with!!!

is that "kite beach"

KaiDogg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »
Sure was fun, but now I've got to do the work. Just under 1000 eval sheets to compile. Oh well, it's interesting. There were NO boards that were universally disliked, just not enough wave to make the little ones perform (though the small riders had fun with them).

I was looking at the beach shot again and realized it's pretty late in the day--Ashley is sitting on the beach because she was feeling sick (she recovered enough to do tandem with her brother Connor). That means about half the boards were in the water.

Yeah, we had some boards on the beach.

Wow!  Just under 1,000 evaluations to go over...  All of that info and feedback is certainly going to become a pretty significant and important resource for equipment.  May be in the market for another board and/or paddle later in the year (well, maybe a new paddle sooner than later...), and all of those impressions are going to make for some great reading!  Mahalo

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 03:15:46 AM »
Hey PonoBill,
Congrats on on the board review event. Surely you guys set some kind of SUP board demo day record with that one....that's it....contact Guinness and make it official.
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal