Author Topic: YEEEEHHAAAAHHH!  (Read 2467 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
YEEEEHHAAAAHHH!
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
North Shore Maui is doing its thang today.  Very few people out.  Crazy long rides.  High line runs, dipping into the flats under sections that would open back up into glassy walls.  Some heavy thumpers.  3 hours, tons of waves.  Highlight: Turned to catch the right on a honkin' chunk of ocean. and Chan is turning for the left a full 100 feet over.  Didn't see her again for a half hour  :).

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: YEEEEHHAAAAHHH!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
And here we are running around picking up boards for tomorrow.....not that I'm north shore ready but it would be fun to watch. Looks like jaws is going off too from all the jetskis at the gulch.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »
..Randy, This is so not fair, it snowed, rained and had high winds on Maui during my time there! But hey..today we had clean 8' faces at the Jetty here in Va Beach. Air was 68 and water was 48. It was an unusually epic day here ( but it snowed later)..Ill be back there very soon. By the way, it was great to meet you and Chan..I feel like I've known the both of you for a long time...Rick

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:24:26 AM »
..Randy, This is so not fair, it snowed, rained and had high winds on Maui during my time there! But hey..today we had clean 8' faces at the Jetty here in Va Beach. Air was 68 and water was 48. It was an unusually epic day here ( but it snowed later)..Ill be back there very soon. By the way, it was great to meet you and Chan..I feel like I've known the both of you for a long time...Rick

Hi Rick,
This has been a pretty dry year for good windless (or close) waves.  The great days have come in bursts and then gone away for weeks.  Lets hope the late season keeps up its current form, and that you get back over for some high end reeeping.  It was awesome to meet you!

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »
eeeeeeeeyaaaahhhhhhh!!!

is when the 33º F water hits part of your face and the ice cream headache sets your eyes deep into their sockets because that's the only thing you can't cover with your drysuit up here on lake michigan.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal