Author Topic: PSH 8'6 and 9'4 Wide Rippers  (Read 15009 times)

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
PSH 8'6 and 9'4 Wide Rippers
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »
Hello,  After months and months of waiting my boards finally arrived today.  First impression, they are AMAZING.  The quality of the boards is unbelieveable.  And the boards are LIGHT!  The 8'6 weighed in an 17 and the 9'4 at 18lbs (no pad or fins).

I was not able to get on the water today (super windy) and have to work this week so the on the water stuff will be next week.  but check out the photos below. 

The will be my first sub 9' board so I am stoked for that.  Then I was deciding between the 9'2 and 9'4 and ended up going with the 94 because of the thickness.  The 94 is only 4" thick and is very thin throughout.  The nose on the 9'4 is very pulled in and the tail is super thin so this will be a nice board in larger surf with chop/current crappy east coast conditions.  For fins, I will be using a set of the PSH quads as well as a Future set to compare.  If anyone else has some fins ideas I would be interested.

Both boards will be Bag O Pad setup (takes about 2-3hrs a board but i feel is well worth it) and a Dakine tailpad.  The handles on both boards are very deep and are right in the center of the board.  Here's a re a couple of pics, next week I will post of onwater photos and review.  Also,  much thanks to Blueline and Island Surf and Sail for getting these boards down to FL.

K-541`

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: PSH 8'6 and 9'4 Wide Rippers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic. of the PSH quad fins I might have to pick up a set for my 8-9

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
 Looks great, MP... Welcome to the sub-nine club and look forward to your 'on the water' review...    Later,         JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

JStickler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »
next week I will post of onwater photos and review.

I wonder how your review will turn out  :-[  Let me write it for you and save you the time.

I love them both.  They are so great that I cant tell you how great they are but I will I will I will.  I come here and say good things about PSH before I even try the gear.  Why would I need to?

Dont bother!!!!!   You love it you love the shop that sells it you love the company that distributes it You kiss the UPS man for delivering it.  All because you love to share your stoke.  BARF.

joelcr

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
Damn trolls. Won't they just stay under the bridge?

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »
Boards look great! Now let's pray for swell next week. 

caseyg

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:19:15 PM »
Love the pics.  I ordered a 10'6 XW Ripper (Bamboo) in Red this week, from Blueline.  Unfortunately, its going to take 3 weeks to get it here.  I hadn't seen it in red, so I am glad you posted these pics.  I wanted blue, but they didn't have any coming in, so I chose red.  Looking at your pics, red looks pretty good too.

gpaddler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »
Wow MP, they are Beautiful!!  One day I'll get mine.....
As for the fins, the PSH Quads are kind of shaped like Quad Controllers by Future.  I ride the 9-3R with the controllers and love them.  I've tried other quads and thruster, but the controllers are my favorite.  the board turns on a dime and the speed you get down the line is unreal!  And where I surf is usually mushy choppy surf, but the fins help to stabilize the board.  Let me know how the PSH Quads work.  I might have to Sample those....Aloha!

JStickler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:28:18 AM »

If saying the truth is trolling than this is trolling.  If saying stuf is great without trying it and only for one company is trolling than motopilot was trolling.  I never posted here before but I read here for over 1 year.  I got my board after reading this site and that may be my fault but I wish I didnt.   This was a mistake with money that I wont get back and here we go again with more. 

Puamana4me

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 07:13:14 AM »
Hey JStickler...

I love my 2010 PSH 8.6 ripper quad ,the bigger surf the better,waiting for big winter juice in so.cal.    It f***'n rips....thats my review. And the guy that makes them...a class act ...a stand up zone contributor for years..has a conscious about making a great surf SUP.

You are free to go somewhere else about your issues.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:19:44 AM by Puamana4me »

JStickler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »
The guy that makes them is in a factory in china.  He screwed up the two that he made for me and the wait was long.  I am angry but not at the world but about weak boards and bad service.

creepyskier

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »
I'm psyched to see the action shots

CB1

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »
If you scroll down some pic's you can see some of the new 8' wide bamboo rippers in action.  Lighting for the pictures is bad because of the weather.

http://ncpaddlesurfer.blogspot.com/2010/08/bamboo-crew-tears-it-up-this-morning.html

I didn't go super short, so I've got the 9'2 wide ripper.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the board so far. It is more stable that I thought it was going to be.  

Oh yea, the PSH quads are basically Pancho fronts and Controller rears. I'm waiting on my set to come in, so using Controller rears and Vector II fronts right now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:19:14 AM by CB1 »
supSURFmachines
Longboard 9'2" x 29.5" x 4.25  140L
AC Grande - 8'5" x 31" x 4 3/8  135L
Wide Ripper - 7'8" x 30.75"  105L

Puamana4me

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
I've never met Mr. Chambers, but I have read his many replies to his customers, and it seems he was genuinely interested in making things right, and responding to issues. I hope you continue actions towards a resolution to your PSH board issues.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »

If saying the truth is trolling than this is trolling.  If saying stuf is great without trying it and only for one company is trolling than motopilot was trolling.  I never posted here before but I read here for over 1 year.  I got my board after reading this site and that may be my fault but I wish I didnt.   This was a mistake with money that I wont get back and here we go again with more. 

Bummed for you Bro... Trust me, I have been VERY disappointed in the way boards have been delivered to me... (usually the shipper, sometimes the packer...).  I hope you  give the mfg'r the opportunity to make it right... and that he does... if he doesn't, (or didn't), you own your right to vent.

I try to be honest but optimistic when I review a board, (partly to soften the critique, and partly to admit that maybe my style is not particularly suited for the board) ... your post made me go back and read some of my reviews to make sure that I was reviewing the board rather than inadvertently hyping a brand or shaper... (even though I WAS super stoked to get the board) ... thanks for your input and sorry for your bummage.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal