Author Topic: have you gotten to try a double bend paddle ?  (Read 40705 times)

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
Re: have you gotten to try a double bend paddle ?
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
The Werner Bent Shaft paddles have an 18 inch long gripping area which gives you a wide variety of gripping width options.  We feel the bent is in the right spot for the most part but we will monitor this site and feedback we get to consider future options.  The paddles are cut at both the blade and handle end depending on the size it is here at the factory and glued in a jig that insures blade shaft and grip alignment.  The fact that we don't sell paddles in pieces for home assembly is a Werner thing and we choose to do it this way so we can offer a warranty on our products.   This feedback is awesome and we welcome it to help us inprove our products.

The bent shaft option is only offered on the Fuse and the Nitro blades.  The bent shaft option is not offered with the Spanker blade.  We did this because the bent shaft was made to work in relation to a 7 degree blade offset angle instead of a 12 degree like the Spanker. 
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

adios pantalones

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
Hey River,

Good to know you guys are watching/listening.

Had several great sea kayak paddles years ago, kept me in your fold when it was time to buy SUP.

Keep it up.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
For anyone interested in double bend paddles, we just received a shipment of Werner bents in various sizes at Blue Planet Surf Shop on Ward Ave.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:30:44 PM by blueplanetsurf »
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

NLCHAWAII

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2011, 12:31:18 AM »
The Double Bend Paddle INVASION of Northern Texas has begun ......

NLCHAWAII

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »
Have you gotten to try a double bend paddle with a detachable blade system ? I've had some prototypes floating around for most of this last year and it is time to take this development project online and make it a little more visible . The benefits of a detachable blade are that for a fraction of the cost of a new stick , you can make your paddle perform completely different with a different sized  or contoured blade . You can change the length of your paddle by adding a blade that's longer or shorter . As conditions change , you can change your blade to match  . For the manufacturer , if there should be a warranty issue , they simply replace the part and not the whole paddle . By removing the blade , you reduce the shipping size as well . For instance , from Hawaii to Italy , I was quoted over $450 by UPS , and the post office wouldn't even ship something that size . But by removing the blade  the length makes the box small enough to make an express shipment to Texas under $40 and actually the same price thru the post office to Sardinia Italy - go figure !

The weight for this system is relatively the same as a fixed blade design . It works out that the material required to laminate a blade onto a shaft is the same as the carbon , brass , and stainless used in the detachable system .
 As for the strength , I'll do the Pepsi challenge with anybody else's detachable blade system . In a year we haven't had one failure , not even a tick , click or crack - not off shore or in the surf .

If FEDEX keeps up their end of the bargain , their should be three of these for viewing and sampling at the New York race on 8/20/11 . As always , Aloha from Hawaii - Ax

XERO

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »
Wow, that detachable blade is pretty impressive! I'm thinking about getting a double bend as I've been getting some pain in my shoulder and numbness in my hands (old shoulder injury/wear and tear from my OC6 days years ago) not to mention tennis elbow, and reading thru these threads, seems like the double bend might be the way to go in the near future. Nlchawaii, you got a shop here on Oahu?

NLCHAWAII

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Xero , I'm a worker drone of the shop variety . No store and no retail at this time . PM me if you'd like to talk . - Ax

NLCHAWAII

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »
Oops , My mistake . On 8/20 there with be a few of these paddles at THE Paddle for Humanity race in DC not in New York .... My mistake . fyi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal