Author Topic: How do you store your SUP's?  (Read 164381 times)

kseal3

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
How do you store your SUP's?
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
Howzit all-
I'm not sure if this topic was touched on before, but I need to ask:

How do you store your boards? I mean mounting, rigging, storing etc...

I've heard that some guy's use pulley systems to raise their boards/canoes. I'm looking for ideas as I am running out of room in my small lanai/patio area. I even have boards on the ground and my regular surfboards in my bedroom. As you can see I am using J hooks for my big stuff. My roof /ceiling is approx. 15ft so attempting to put the boards/OC1 up and take them down by hand is out of the question.
Show some pics with you ideas if you can...I'm sure there are others with this question in mind.
Aloha-

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
Re: How do you store your SUP's?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
I think most are in the same situation.  Until I cleaned up this weekend, I had 3 board standing on end, racked along the garage wall, 2 surf boards laying on the table on the outside patio and my 14' Excursion on sawhorses under the back sunshade, where it still sits.

The 14' and up boards are usually the biggest issue for people.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
I have a rack for my 20+ demo boards to stand vertical in, and the 80+ boards in inventory are in boxes standing on end.  This is of course in my warehouse for my store.   ;D
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:14:11 PM »
I have all my boards hanging.. I made myself these hanging roller racks.

I just lift the nose onto the first one and walk the board forward till the nose rests on the second roller.. It workd great.

DJ

kseal3

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
Nice set up DJ...what are those rollers made of? Are they 2 different sized PVC pipes with the bigger one wrapped with some kind of cushion?

That's a no non-sense, econimical and efficient set up...

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »
I agree w/ DJ and the hanging system, looks like you have lots of room on the ceiling of your lanai (doesn't look that tall...) I'm in the process of creating a hanging system for multiple boards - will post pics when I'm done. 
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

Vik

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »

Not the recommended storage model, but until my deck extension gets built they live on a lower section of my roof... :P

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
Nice set up DJ...what are those rollers made of? Are they 2 different sized PVC pipes with the bigger one wrapped with some kind of cushion?

That's a no non-sense, econimical and efficient set up...

Thanks.. You could just use PVC pipe cut slightly wider than your boards.. and then a larger size cardboard tube cut about a foot long.. That works fine.. I put some rubber matting around the cardboard for a little more paddling but it's not needed.

Here's some more info about my system.. http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2113.0

DJ

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:45:36 PM by DavidJohn »

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
Howzit all-
I'm not sure if this topic was touched on before, but I need to ask:

How do you store your boards? I mean mounting, rigging, storing etc...

I've heard that some guy's use pulley systems to raise their boards/canoes. I'm looking for ideas as I am running out of room in my small lanai/patio area. I even have boards on the ground and my regular surfboards in my bedroom. As you can see I am using J hooks for my big stuff. My roof /ceiling is approx. 15ft so attempting to put the boards/OC1 up and take them down by hand is out of the question.
Show some pics with you ideas if you can...I'm sure there are others with this question in mind.
Aloha-

kseal just sell me one of dem boards problem solved you get more room. ;D

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 05:01:33 PM »
Built a rack on the side wall of the garage.  The racks are at an angle so you still fit a car in on that side.  They fit 3 SUPs and work well, as my truck fits under the racks by 3/4" (yes that close).  Until that dream 4 car garage comes along this works.  Here's an old pic  but you get the idea.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
I went vertical - you can do two boards this way (deck to deck) and for me it was more manageable. There was no clean 11" of space in the garage with the loft separating the room. Foam padding on the floor and behind the board keep it from getting bonked or scratched.

close up

parrysurf

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »
Make a u out of 2x4s and go overhead mounting to the rafters of the lanai.  cheap easy functional.

Linus

• Rincon Status
  • www.coreban.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »
I added on to my free standing shed.  I dug posts, framed and roofed it.  It was a fun project that took me a few days to do.  I had to make sure that the width between the posts and the wall were at least 35 inches for sups.  It works well.

kronix

• Waikiki Status
  • Kamali'i O Ke Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
I have the luxury of a large garage, I built racks for both surfboards & SUPS

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
nice setup Kronix!-hey do u have any info on Bolt Sup's?-i love those boards in u profile.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal