Author Topic: Forward Vee SUB  (Read 2690 times)

Big Island Mike

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Forward Vee SUB
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on a forward vee SUB.  I used to ride these exclusively for many years, shaped by Maurice Cole (Aust./France) who invented these, made famous by Curren, then ridden for many successful years by Occy.  THe concept was, at rail line: a much straighter entry rocker and greater tail ricker, at stringer line; it had more rocker at the nose, flatter thru the middle, then a lift at the tail.  The bottom was forward vee (thus the name "forward vee) strongest at the front 3rd, then flattening out (if my memory serves me correctly) at the front fins, completely flat from there to the tail.   

These boards were GREAT paddlers, extremely fast, maintained (gained) speed thru turns. This was the breakthru that reversed what we thought about bottoms. 

Now, I was looking at my F16 on top of my car and it was exactly the same, except way exaggerated.  Also looking at my 9'2 PSH and other of Blanes shapes and the whole rail line concept is the same.

SO, really wondering how one would go on a SUB. I am having visions of the fastest and loosest SUB to date. 

WHat do yeee'all think? 

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
Re: Forward Vee SUB
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
That is coherent.
Maybe, that makes easy rails in front of the foot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal