Author Topic: Going to pick up my SUP in the morning...  (Read 4473 times)

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Going to pick up my SUP in the morning...
« on: July 27, 2007, 07:20:50 PM »
 Going to get my first tru SUP Board tomorrow. I have been using an old Windsurer that i painted up. It worked, but I fell a lot. I am soooo hokked on this, and I haven't even got to actualy Surf on theese things yet. All gonna change tomorrow. Just thought I would share my stoke.

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Going to pick up my SUP in the morning...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 01:02:01 AM »
yipee, yahoooo.. new toys... ;D

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »
I am out the door to go get it now. Only a 3 hour drive, and I am there :) . Can't wait to hit the water with it.

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:03:51 AM »
Yeah man! 

We can feel your stoke over 7,000 miles away.  Give us the lowdown when you get back.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »
i know that feeling of elation, almost like christmas in july! ...or maybe more like a mail order bride?

not posting was all i could do to keep from breakin' into my own heartache story. you see, i had put in by own order a while ago knowing full well what i was getting would already be ridden. broken in by men whose names and reputations i knew all too well  even before she would be cradled in my gentle hands. in some twisted way there was something gratifying about all that.

travelling from china by way of california until a detour for photographs in new york, to be ogled on the pages of a men's journal. the supposed overnight flight stretched well into the next day. delays and calls to figure out options were to no avail. by this morning i was relegated to accepting that monday would have to be our day. took a look here at stand up zone (read your happy story) then pushed off for a walk on the beach to check if the 7' forecast would die silently like sometimes only dreams can do.

got home, noticed that i missed a call while at the beach. lo and behold it was the last thing i expected at this point... it was on the way. received by 10:00 am! in the water by three, wasn't the 7' predicted but that was okay i was with my baby and she seemed to be happy even if it was knee high to someone shorter than me.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »
I got the Board, she's a beauty. I'll post up some pics on the Morning. I am beat up from the feet up, and I never took it out today. The Waves where good enough to Shortboard it all day. I was gonna take it up North for an afternoon run, but I was beat after Surfing for 5 hours. I am going to head out Monday Afternoon, and check it out.

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
Here she is in all her virgin glory........

Still waiting on the deckpad. I am taking it out tomorrow afternoon/evening. I can't wait.

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:41:55 AM »
Well I got to take the Beast out on Manday afternoon. It was waist high winchop, and realy tough to manage the Surf in the Windy, Choppy conditions. But I did manage to try it for about an hour. Caught a few rides from way out back from the Surfers. But in the end I had to switch to my Fish and ride the Waves on it. Turned out to be a lot of fun.  SUB is big, gonna take some learning to figure out hotw to turn it better on the waves LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal