Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
I Win
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:29 AM »
Ever had a perfect day?  Not just the best wave, a magic hour or even a perfect session, but one of those days that just starts right...and keeps on going.

Dave Kalama put up this blog post about that which he titled, I WIN.  http://www.davidkalama.com/2010/06/i-win/

If you have one of the unreal days to share, add it here.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I Win
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
My day yesterday was pretty fine.  Got quite a bit done in the morning in the responsibility arena and then went for a  run with Donna, with a noon launch.  The day before was rather frustrating but I heard from others they also felt that way about the very east wind direction.  Concerns about an early start were laid to rest immediately.  As much as I hadn't connected the day before, I was connecting yesterday.  Really enjoyed the earlier lighting on the water than my usual mid afternoon launch.  The wind had a touch more NE in it and even the harbor wasn't bad.  Blair came in with us on his prone board smiling and i like that concept where a perfect day is accentuated by everyone around you having a great one. But as we loaded up the boards we saw a huge blaze around the airport area.  Donna called Mark and all was good at the SIC factory.  The brush fire was close by but downwind.  We had a long traffic jam loop around the airport but I wasn't even fazed about sitting in it so I know I was having a good day.  Those sunsets Dave is soaking up in Kula are mighty fine.  I got to hand it to him driving up and down the hill every day.  I watched those sunsets for 25 years and hardly ever came off the mountain.  Worked in Kula, hang glided and shopped at Morihara store.  Just about all those days were perfect.  Cheers Bill

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
Two days ago the ex wife called and asked if I would give a 19 year old college student a surf lesson.  They were only in town that day, the surf shop was closed and they could think of no one else.  I reluctantly agreed to take off from the office at 3 for her lesson.

I get there and see a girl so excited it reminded me of when I was a grom I could not sleep the nite before I went surfing. So anyway I start the lesson on the beach end up taking her out into the whitewaters to get her started. After I saw her standing and riding I went and grabbed the board and paddle and started surfing all the time keeping an eye on her and offering tips when close enough.  She even took the paddle and tried but without much success until she did the pocahontas. 

A couple hours later we were done.  She was beaming, her parents were happy and offered to take me out to dinner which I declined but I could not pass up on the beer & pu pu offer.  Great visit and new friends and our newest surfer girl is going to stop and visit and surf on her trips home.

So goodbyes and I go home. Walk in the door and my wife hands me my admiral coin that has been awol for 4 months.  What a reward for an afternoon that I shared with someone spreading the aloha. 

Yeah    I win.  So can you, its fun to share.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »
long story short...
we all won!
...because nobody was killed and a war (with the kiteboarders) was evaded.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal