Author Topic: Lakeshore Paddleboard Company  (Read 4190 times)

AirJunky

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • My SUP gallery
Lakeshore Paddleboard Company
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »
Anyone ever seen or heard anything about this company? Or their boards? I guess their out of the Lake Tahoe area. Boards are wide, flat & pretty sharp rails. The 10'er turned on a dime. The 14'er was a tank, but you could easily have 2 people on it.

http://www.lpc-sup.com/index.php

I found out they have a local dealer here in town. They came out to our beach this weekend with some boards to demo. Had a dozen or so people on them, paddling around the lake Sunday morning. I was impressed with how stable they are, very easy to stand up right away & start paddling hard. Even did some time in some wind & boat chop & never fell once. Made me realize how some of you do this without getting wet.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:16:29 AM by AirJunky »
--
Bill

Butch1979

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Lakeshore Paddleboard Company
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »
I'm interested in these boards also.  The Bettyboard is SUPER light.  I'm in South Lake Tahoe at the moment and Tahoe Standup Paddle has some of these for sale.  Tempting….

Butch

BayouSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »
They look like nice boards.  I've been following Dave Cornthwaite (http://www.davecornthwaite.com/) as he is going down the Mississippi.  He's using a Lakeshore SUP..the 14 footer.  

As a side question:  Can you take these body styles in open ocean?  I'm looking for a board I can run the rivers and some ocean along grande isle area.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:55:36 PM by BayouSUP »

MountainMan

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »
If anybody has tested the Betty Board, please share your impressions.  I've been thinking about getting this one for my wife.  At 17 lbs, it would be a breeze for her to carry and I'll bet it is very responsive on the water.

Does anybody know if there are in dealers that carry LPC boards in Hawaii?

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal