Author Topic: Chicama SUP Trip  (Read 10450 times)

sinrumbofijo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Chicama SUP Trip
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
Have been to Chicama last 4 years and going again soon! A wonderful SUS location! No worries re: connecting flight from Lima to Trujillo. Big jets. Fly LATAM if possible as boards are free of charge. Chicama Surf Resort Hotel is completely set-up to handle you and your party. They will arrange (or WaterWays) the shuttle from Trujillo to the resort--approximately a 1 hour drive. Would help if you speak Spanish. Photographers Wilson and Jesus are available to film your sessions from the cliffs and the panga service is helpful to get to the upper breaks. The only time we even saw several other people was during their summer time of February. In March-June usually nobody there and you will have the Point to yourselves. Winds do blow in the afternoon so tough sometimes for this regular footer to drop-in against 15 knot strong offshores, but doable. Ralph, the resort manager, is a really nice guy as are the employees, most of whom have been working there for years. Water temp ~ 70º but feels cool with the constant offshores. No bugs and dry air. Steam room, sauna and jacuzzi with infinity pool a great bonus!
8'4" L41 Carbon ST
8'8" L41 S3

Paddle On

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »
what are the best months for surf down there?
Paddle On 6'1", 215lbs - Portal Barra 7.11, Infinity 8.2 RNB, Portal Phantom 8.3, Infinity B-line 8.5, Infinity 10.0 New Deal, Sunova 11.0 Style, Starboard 9.0 Hero, Black Project Surge Paddle

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
I went in March back in 2010 and scored.  (prone surfing) Chicama is actually usually smaller than the other local breaks.  it was 'small' for them and it was chest to OH at every break I went to.

Im goofy so it was heaven on earth.  One of surfers from NY I befriended has gone every year since the same week.

Chicama Surf resort had just opened that year.  I stayed in the dump next door- but did my last night there.  place was great.

Paddle On

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 01:06:48 AM »
I'm guessing a 6-7 day stay is about right since not much else going on there?

I too am a goofy and think I could practice tons of moves in a short period of time.
Paddle On 6'1", 215lbs - Portal Barra 7.11, Infinity 8.2 RNB, Portal Phantom 8.3, Infinity B-line 8.5, Infinity 10.0 New Deal, Sunova 11.0 Style, Starboard 9.0 Hero, Black Project Surge Paddle

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 06:21:14 AM »
funny i cancelled my booking for next week, when i saw irma jose maria setting up---seems the best reasonable travel spot from NY area sept/oct--i had crazy work all summer so wanted a reward--turned out i didnt have to travel

pumped to hear that it isnt too tough for sup

from ny, it's 7 hrs to lima nonstop--then 1 hr to trujillo, then a one hr drive---problem is the connection in lima---i was booking late in the game, so could only find connections with 8 hr layover in lima--i believe, if one books way in advance, there are reasonably priced options weith better connection--those were 2G+ when i looked, where, with the layover it was 700 or so
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

sinrumbofijo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
Have been to Chicama the last 5 years. Great place with very nice people at the Chicama Surf Resort. CJ at WaterWays can arrange everything for you; flights to Lima and flight from Lima to Trujillo, and then the 45-60 minute shuttle from Trujillo to the resort. No worries on flights from Lima to Trujillo as they use big jets. We have 8'4" and 8'8" SUPs and no problems. LAN/Latam airlines WAS completely free for boards until last January and now charge $200 each way! Horrible. Another bummer is the long lay-over in Lima before continuing on to Trujillo, but can spend your time at the Starbuck's in the airport with Wi-Fi

Not much to do in the town of Puerto Malabrigo but resort has steam, sauna, infinity pool with jacuzzi and small work out area and game room.

8'4" L41 Carbon ST
8'8" L41 S3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal