Author Topic: Surf Expo was FUN  (Read 3245 times)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Surf Expo was FUN
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »

I had a blast at Surf Expo. I met Blane Chambers, Austin, Mel, Ed Angulo, Jim Hayes, Bill Foote. It sure is nice when everyone comes to my coast.  ;D

You can read about my adventure here.

http://ncpaddlesurfer.blogspot.com/2008/01/surf-expo-paddle-surf-hawaii.html

http://ncpaddlesurfer.blogspot.com/2008/01/paddle-surf-hawaii-boards-rip.html

I'll post more tomorrow. It has been a long day.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
Re: Surf Expo was FUN
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »
I too met all the boys at Paddle Surf Hawaii.  Blane ,Mel, Austin and Dave Chun were the nicest group of guy's I've met.  We (Blane , Austin. Mel and Dave) spoke at length about the board design, my shaped board, paddles and technique. Priceless information. Blane's board selection was unreal. He's on it......
      I will be ordering a couple of Kialoa paddles from Dave Chun since I had broke ( third)another C4 Pohaku Paddle Friday in 3-4 ft surf in Fla. Blade insert into shaft snapped.
 Will post pics on Mon in the equipment area after I take pics to see what C4 will do. I'm sure they will hate me for this being the third paddle that had failed. Will go through do process.    the motions and see what happens. 
     A lot of SUP boards at the expo but I was only interested in the PSH, SOS, Angulo and Yolo boards...  Paddles was my real concern....    seen alot but Sawyer and Kialoa sparked my interest... 
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
Yes a big mahalo to the PSH and Kialoa boys (Blane, Austin, Mel, Dave).  These guys have some great products which were nice to finally see in person.  Boards looked great as well as the paddles.  There were some SUP boards at the expo.  Some good and some,well......... These guys are going to be the ones to watch.  I think these two booths were the most talked about at the show.  Everyone was checking them out.

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
Mr. "Motopilot" failed to mention the (some good and some.. well...) boards and shapers, present at the show such as Jimmy Lewis and his full line of boards..all the C-4 models including the new Vortice...Ed Angulo with his boards the SOS boards, and Bill Foote with his line. Granted, there were some funky shaped boards but not these.. I felt the folks on this forum might want to know there were lots of outstanding new products at the show besides what Mr. Motopilot saw. Meeting Blane Chambers, Austin, Dave Chun and especially the Honorable Mel Pu'u, all together, was certainly the chance of a lifetime. They all make you feel as though you've known them all your life. I clearly understand why "motopilot" thinks the PSH boards are the only boards people see . If Foote-maui boards didn't exist..Blane's boards would absolutely be my first choice. When on Maui, I look forward to riding every type of board I can get my feet on. it's the only way ( I think) to get a QUALIFIED opinion of a board..!

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
  I agree there were a lot of SUP boards at the expo. I've only had the opportunity to ride and demo some of the mentioned boards at one time or another; SOS, JL, C4, S-Tech Laird , South point, Angulo and CI fish. All were great in their own way. All SUP companies feed off each other and that will make a competitive market in the world of SUB's ... I like the SOS over all for me.......... Right now.... Paddles are my issue right now.  That is my focus at the moment...
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

Blane Chambers

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »
Howzit Everyone,
Yes, the show was very cool and a really big success for us.     I was equally STOKED to meet all of the above there.   The interest on the eastern seaboard and in europe is telling us that SUPing will be HUGE in the near future...   Not just in the surf but everywhere its safe and legal to paddle.

Austin, Mel, Dave, and Pam were our crew and we had plenty laughs and fun.    I took some pics with my junky camera but I guess the lighting was not good and they came out all fuzzy.    This one was one of the only ones that came out clear...

Left to Right...
Hunter Brown, Bill Foote and Dwight a.k.a. DW.     
Bill Foote made a few appearences in our booth and I have to tell you who don't know, Bill is a really cool guy.   We had fun and some giggles.     The show was just an overall fun time with no stress before during and after.    The only tough thing is the long flights...   Bill is out snowboarding his brains out right about now the lucky dog!!!!!

Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

StandUpPaddleSurf.net

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »
Surf Expo looks like it was fun...wish I coulda been there too.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal