Author Topic: JimmyStyks sup  (Read 76654 times)

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: JimmyStyks sup
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
"Boludo", agreed it has been foolish on my part with some of my comments! i guess I could have made my points in a more tactful way! just frustrated as I see things first hand in Asia as I'm over there more than in N.A! But having said that I will also not sit back and have losers like Corren go on an attack without exposing his BS! "Diesel" good post!

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 12:44:23 PM »
Tom, Good point but unfortunately what you and the general public don't know is that the cheap and expensive stuff comes out of the same factories and in many cases out of the same molds and presses.

I know a little more than you give me credit for. I was once very involved with pioneering the technique that is used by Cobra. I learned that not all boards coming out of the same mold are going to end up identical and that the molding process is just one step in making a board into what eventually ends up on the water.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
Over the years I've owned many different brands of sailboards that came out of the Cobra factory. Each brand had a completely different construction, feel and durability.
Just to say that a board made at "X" factory is good or bad is just wrong. Like anything, it's all about the details.

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
Tom, Thanks for your reply but I'm a little confused as EPS SUPs don't come out of a mold? Unless your talking about a plastic Blow moulded or roto-moulded board like the ones Corran is selling? Or maybe your talking about a PU blank that is shaped after coming out of a generic mould? CNCing a blank with a HW stringer will produce an exact shape consistently! Changing the brand of, or type of Glass, epoxy or paint is the only variable and most of the time its the same stuff! Likewise in Cobras factory! Love to see your pix?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:54:31 PM by supdawg »

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
Tom, Good point but unfortunately what you and the general public don't know is that the cheap and expensive stuff comes out of the same factories and in many cases out of the same molds and presses

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 03:38:47 PM »
Read what I said! "Stuff! I have a trading Co as well! Not just SUPs! NOTE I said "snowboards" and "Stuff". Boards don't come out of moulds , PU blanks do, yet you were involved in "pioneering" this Technique. As I mentioned, I would love to see pics of this "moulding process"? Going back to my first post everyone seem to like to blow smoke! I can back everything with pictures, video and hell if you pay the airfare I'll take you for a tour of our factory and you can see for your self! I can even show you Corrans boards!

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »
Keep on trying! you will NEVER win against truth! Lyers will always get caught with there pants down! Or you will never here back from them as another lie is needed to cover the first one and so on.....(lol) I can keep going! Keep swinging! Truth and FACTS always win!

Gdub

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Admin,
Can you please create a new category called "About Your Brand" and move this topic there? 
Let the industry speak freely about one another in a self-contained section of the forum.
;D

Scotty Mac

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
Wow, nothing more annoying for a customer like me to read people in the industry using the forum to degrade other brands. Shame shame shame.

And another thing, if a board is built in your home country and you feel its the right thing to purchase that product because you want to assit your local economy, thats great.

What I dislike is the almost racist undertones that people in other places are almost always producing goods of poor quality. This of fellow humans on this planet that are only trying to feed their family.

I say make an informed choice, local or imported and then get over it.........

Industry pimps get off the forum....

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »
Scotty Mac... I mostly agree with you- do your research and buy what feels right to you. But, truthfully, I find posts like this kind of entertaining...  ;)

rolde

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
Im sure we will all have chance to check them out in person soon,
when they go on sale at your local Walmart?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:18:17 PM by rolde »

hunty

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
hey good advise "aircube"! your just a little off! This isn't rocket science and yes you should look to see if you are getting good value for your money! There is no need to copy something so simple like a SUP! We also have PRO Surfers and Paddlers working on our designs! I would love someone to show me the board we copied!! I'm a true believer in Technology and this technology is easily accessible! No doubt the Big names have good designs that work well but there isn't a human on earth that can create and or test products better that technology can! If your argument is true than I guess the model "T" is still the best car on the road, I'm sure your still using a Commodore 64 computer to write your posts and I guess you should only buy a car that Mario Andredii designed because he can drive! What the companies created back in the day was no doubt great! but we are in 2010 now! Go see how they do it! Again ask to see there manufacturing facilities! go see who built your big name board! You will be surprised! testing or doing your homework is no doubt a good thing to do before you buy! But endorsing a board with a pro then making it with  the cheapest labor on earth doesn't make for a good board just make for good marketing! We are just here to give you an as good if not better product without having to give your money away to marketing and brain washing!

Hi SUPDAWG, as a consumer who has just laid out some of my hard earned cash after purchasing a SUP im happy to share with you my opinions on some of the subject matter raised here.
For myself the things you speak of make up only a small percentage of the equation, i dont care where the board is made who tested it etc, i just assume that all products meet a minimum standard wrt to durabilty and performance and i also assume that the rest of the claims made no matter what they are, are marketing hype.
I think there are merits for each side of this argument, I brought a starboard and my reasoning behind this was that 1)I trialed one so i was familiar with it 2)all my research on the brand showed a brand with a good name.(which was the clincher for me)
IMO a good brand name=better resale value regardless of what the reality of the product is.
This also can be equated to cars in my opinion, firstly A model T in excellent original condition will still cost more than alot of brand new cars as well as offering a unique(and enjoyable) driving experience, secondly when you buy vehicles that cost more due to brand name in my experience they tend to hold there price better due to their percieved superiority and you get more of your money back on the resale.Often if you buy cheap you are lucky if you can give it away(maybe a little bit of an exageration but you get my point).

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
very good point! And I agree Totally with your logic! There is no doubt that the board you bought is a good board! As you can see in all my posts I have not mentioned names (other than Corran) nor have I put down anyones boards! This post started with Corran from "Imagine" surfboards making false statements about the quality of our boards when they come from the same factory with the same materials. My personal goal (and this is not coming from my partners) is to expose truth to people. Even the comment about seeing our boards in Wal-Mart makes me laugh as I have Personal experience as mentioned earlier with other products sold to Wal-Mart from the same moulds and factories as the Big Names. The point you make about a good name and resale is very true!! And there is NO argument that you bought a really good board! but I guess you can look at it a different way! Its the out lay of cash for many people that don't have big bucks to pay for a name when even if they throw away our boards at half the price there is still no difference and at the end of the day the quality and materials are also the same! but your a good logical thinker! I like it!

supwaves

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Threads like this are the only reason I look at this forum.  I SUP surf and I am of above average skill (my opinion).  I live close to the beach, the waves are rarely great but I don't know any better.  I ride a highend board that I bought from a dumass with deep pockets and no skill. when I bought the board it looked new and cost me about half of what he paid :-* :-*.  The local SUP scene is blowing up, and there are tons of guys buying $1,500 - $2,000 boards because they think spending more = surfing better.  Part of the equation they forgot is their lack of skill, their job has them behind a desk when the waves are best, and the beach is zoo on the weekends. These guys are just like the heavy post count guys here trashing Surfdawg.  I'm not a marketing whiz, but I know enough to know people hate realizing they are shitty surfers and they overpaid for their board.  They also hate it when they find out they could have saved a couple hunggie on the same board with different packaging, I think its called buyers remorse.  Unfortuneatly Surfdawg, even if you want to provide an option that is good quality and costs less, there are just too many brainwashed shredders lining up to buy into the pitch that "this board will improve your surfing because pro shaper Ben Dover designed it."  Soon after a new design, tested in Hawaii no doubt, will make a new promise to make you shred harder and that barely used $2,000 board can be had for $600.  I think if you want to win this crowd over you need to charge more for your boards because everyone knows the more you pay the better you will surf.      OUT 

supdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
Hey man! where did you come from!! Appreciate your post!! You, as a beyond average SUPer I would Love for you to try one of our boards! give us a call and I will send you one to try! Love to get your feed back!

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard