Author Topic: This forum..  (Read 3316 times)

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
This forum..
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »
I've never been one to engage in computer chat until this forum started and I have to say, I look forward to it greatly. I also realize, as this cool sport grows, we should all (here) take the time to spread the do's and don'ts of SUP. I'm certain most of us do already. It's easy for me to almost hyperventalate when I talk about this sport to new people..they can always sense it. Whether we be shapers, paddle makers, board reps, Journal magazine editors, board heads, new recruits (to name only a few)or a 50 year old SUP, still crazy, responsible, beach bum....its cool to be the first on such a cutting edge of The water sport of the future....Happy New Year........

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: This forum..
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »
SP,
Happy New Year to you too!  Be sure to drop an email or PM when you get to Maui.  We hope you are up for some fun!

Blane Chambers

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:43:09 AM »
Happy New Year to you too!    I too am stoked to be part of this great forum.     It truely stands apart from the rest... ;D

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:33:19 AM »
This forum since 2007 here ?
Happy new full 2008 year !

Poppy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »
Aloha all,
Happy New years to all.........Started the New Year off great this morning, went to Ala moana to catch the sunrise of 2008,  glass, no waves but WOW what a great morning.
To all , have a great 2008, may good health and happiness be with you all.
                                             Aloha

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Had a solo sesh at an undisclosed spot the last day of 07.Then an old friend and his son paddled out and it made it that more special. Regular surfing, but I was looking at everything with an SUP eye. So many waves so little time.  In 08 I am on it!

patfly

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
This forum....
Very cool - in the six months that I have been reading, lurking, and sometimes posting, I have learned a great deal.
I'm not close enough to the waves to get out that often and I learn best by doing, but this forum has kept the stoke up for me. Thanks to all who post regularly.
Happy new year,
Pat

kito

• On the coast again
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 03:08:40 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO AALLLLL!!!!!!!!!
 ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO CHECKIN OUT THE ZONE!
Lovin Life and SUP surfing has added So Much Zest to Life I can't even believe it.
Lets all remember to be ambassadors for our sport in the coming year.
Aloha Nuii Loa,
Kito
Landlocked four years😬

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »
Randy..thanks for the reply, I have never been so ready to have some fun..ready to test my limits..When I call you and Chan..I be sayin'......Where we paddlin' today huh?..where we paddlin' today?.........I'm just happy to break the "newbie" status!

supstoked

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »
Happy New Year to all.  Hopefully the new year will bring delivery of more of Blane's boards. Maybe I can fulfill my longstanding, outstanding resolution and learn to do a fin first take off, only now on a SUP.;D
Lots of foil boards 6’7”-7’4”, L41 TVD’s and Jimmy Lewis Strikers..

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 08:05:36 PM »
A healthy, happy, and prosperous new year to all. Thanks to Randy and Chantalle for creating such a great place to share the passion.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »
Happy new year indeed. Two days and a wakeup to Maui. Stoked is not a strong enough word. I'm just going to run straight into the water.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
No slowing down Pono 'cause I'm right behind you...Yaahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal