Author Topic: New Naish 10'8'' (I think) GUN  (Read 2189 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
New Naish 10'8'' (I think) GUN
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »

So I heard a new Naish gun was out, but hadn't seen it until I went out today..and a fellow SUP'er was out. He told me he is actually starting out on this board. I got to paddle the board in the flats. Surprisingly fast. Obviously not as stable as my 10'6'' nalu, but the glide was very impressive for a board that has way less volume than mine..

The low down is 10'8'' about 28 wide, 4 + thick and a thruster setup.  The fins were the same as on my 10'6'' pretty radical fins...6'5'' center. Gives the board a very loose feel.

I saw him ride it in waves about shoulder high, and the board looked really good.

The reason I got excited is that I have been looking at the 11'6'' gun and I think it answered a lot of my question about the gunny shapes trying this and talking with the owner he answered a lot of my questions. I am over 200lb and I could paddle it..really smooth glide for a board that had a lot less volume than the 10'6''

I can see how the board would have less stability on super bumpy conditions, but more than stable enough in the flat water. It looks really good though.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: New Naish 10'8'' (I think) GUN
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »

...so this leads me to my question...if anyone has ridden both the guns from Naish, what is the similarities and differences in actually riding them?

I know the specs. :-)

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:54 PM »
That is a sweet looking board, it's exactly what I've been looking for in size/shape.  All the 12' guns are a bit big for me.  Do you know the Liters?  Can't wait until they're available.

Pureadrenalin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
With that nose and tail it really looks as if it would be really unstable in rougher conditions. Questions is how often are you going to see flat water versus rough seas?

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »
That is a sweet looking board, it's exactly what I've been looking for in size/shape.  All the 12' guns are a bit big for me.  Do you know the Liters?  Can't wait until they're available.

nope I have no idea on the liters. I was on my 10'6'' which obviously has more tail, and floats better, but I am over 200lb (starting diet NOW!!) and it did float me. I did not paddle it in bumpy conditions, but the board had a lot of glide so I am expecting it to be reasonably easy to paddle into waves.

If I should guess I'd say around 140 liters...but I really do not know.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
With that nose and tail it really looks as if it would be really unstable in rougher conditions. Questions is how often are you going to see flat water versus rough seas?

Well, yes that and to what extent can you get used to it being bumpy. I mean in the beginning I could not stand up on a board I feel is like a hangar ship right now. I do think the skinny tail is not ideal for stability, but it must surf really well. The guy who had the board looked really good on it. I would LOVE to try this board in waves. It was so extreme. Signs of no compromise design so to speak, with a deep concave, thruster, skinny tail, good rockerline.

When I was out the guy mixed standing up and paddling it prone into waves. He's long time surfer, but only been paddling for 3 weeks and the conditions were extremely bumpy due to the on shore kona wind. He was 180 lb. Normally we have decent conditions here and off shore winds cleaning up the water very well, so at least here it seems like it would work.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill