Author Topic: SUP leash?  (Read 4394 times)

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
SUP leash?
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
what kind of leash do you use & how long have you had it? longest lasting leash wins!!

Jared K.

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP leash?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:52 PM »
After breaking a few Da Kine leashes I switched to the Creatures of Leasure Outer Reef 12'.  I haven't used it for a long time, but it's been in the water on the north shore nearly every day this winter.  I use the same leash on my prone guns, and while I'm not charging big time like some of you nut-cases, it still has held strong in about 8ft. Hi scale Waimea, Himy's, etc, and definitely saved me a really dreadful swim at Puena Point.  I'm definitely impressed with the abuse this thing has taken and I highly recommend it!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:19:27 PM by Jared K. »

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
Stay Covered SUP Big Wave, non-coiled.  Broke much stuff this winter, leashes included.  I have had this for four weeks and it has not broken.  This is the longest lasting leash yet.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
x m power clip leash for over a year.  It may be longer but it still works.

Not that I don't fall off, I just don't that often and when I do I usually recover my board instead of my leash recovering it.  So my leashes tend to last a while.

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
Evan submitted this picture from Mav's:
looks like this leash held up!
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »
Check out the retro big wave vest.  That's cool.  8)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
That is an epic pic!  Note the tugboat line holding the leash to the board!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
You'd need a winch to reel that thing back in.  The only leash where your board can go up on the rocks without your leash breaking :)

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
I was tired of busting leashes so I bought like 5 DaKine's and just keep rotating them. No breaks all winter.
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

jd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
Is he double leashing it?  Looks like I see two ankle straps.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »
Three weeks was the life of the Stay Covered Big Wave twelve foot SUP leash... not very happy... I am sure that Bob from Mission Surf will take care of this ... it broke this morning, when I was putting it onto another board... the fabric was apparently torn the last time out... and it just completely gave way this morning.

Granted, in its three weeks of life it survived two board snappings... Only one double overhead plus day, though.

Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal