Author Topic: New Print Mag  (Read 6579 times)

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
New Print Mag
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:46:54 AM »
Hi All,

Clay Feeter emailed over to let us all know about their first issue, which will be coming out on March 1.

He noted:  ps. We print at same press as Surfer's Journal, and on identical paper stock BUT we are even more photo intensive....

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:03:56 AM by Rand »

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Print Mag
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:06:13 AM »
What a perfect match...I am so discontinuing my Cat Fancy magazine.....

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
Clay offered up these pre-samples of what we might soon expect from this new venture.  He noted that these selections are still very much in draft mode.

Draft mode or not, this looks outstanding!

www.standupzone.com/1.pdf
www.standupzone.com/2.pdf

Oh, and I asked for you (and me), for now subscriptions are still being handled on their old subscriptions page at http://www.windsurfjournal.us/subscribe
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:52:40 AM by Admin »

noa

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:06 AM »
This is a big thing for our sport. the internet is fantastic but nothing can recreate or legitimize the way a print publication can, especialy when its quality photography and writing. and this one looks like it's really well done. not sure about the name though, especialy the "sail" part.
i remember that picture of Laird at Hookipa. made the cover of a French windsurf mag "Wind". one of the first ones i saw of the sport and i really thought WOW, what the hell is he up to this time ? credit where credit is due, he's the man that got it all restarted.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:02 PM »
Fantastic.. ;D

DJ

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »
I was able to see the rough draft sample  posted of the Future " Standup Journal " mag in the 'pdf' file. I was able to read the articles from the mag.  One particular article is about the East Coast Barrier Islands between Fla. and SC.  Very interesting that there is an island south of Tybee Island, Georgia that does have and I have ridden 200-300 yard (SUP) rides that waves break, bend and reform between the islands and sand shoals. There are other spots in North Fla. Jax, and  shoals north of Hilton Head SC. that has the same set up.  It makes for great exploration and provides endless possibilites for surf. 
   Since being hooked to the Stand up  I'm able to access these new areas far from the local surf break.  Its priceless....
  Back to the " new"  SUP Journal  I'm sure I'll subscribe. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:52:43 PM by gjbsup »
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

Big Island Mike

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »
I read somewhere that Reid Inouye is also starting a pring mag this year. 

Poppy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
anyone knows when its going to be avail.?

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »
Looks good! I can't wait to pick up a copy.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »
Clay Feeter publisher from
Stand Up & Sail Journal   emailed me . Here is his info on the ''SU Journal ''' and how to get one.........................................

Hi Glen
Great to hear from you! And I really enjoyed your site:
www.atlanticpaddlesurfing.com

I'm stoked that you are promoting both waves AND flatwater sup. Even though I'm a surfer and windsurfer I think we both know the "Sup adventuring" part of the sport is where it will BOOM!!

re: how to subscribe, very easy, our present subscription page is still under the old website while changes are being made...so just go to www.windsurfjournal.us/subscribe and you will be in time to get our first issue out March 1st!

Looking forward to talking and keeping in touch. First ish rocks; very, very clean. We print at same press as Surfer's Journal and with the same quality paper.
                        All the Best,
                               -Clay
             ps. Glen, since you are on the biz side of the sport I would like you to breeze thru our (still in draft form) sup feature for this coming March issue (attached) to give you an idea where we're coming from!

Clay Feeter
Publisher, Standup surf & sail Journal
PO Box 360 (UPS/FedEx: 16 Ridge Rd.)
Center Barnstead, NH, USA  03225
 ClayFeeter@aol.com
                                     mag side info: www.windsurfjournal.us

8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »
Sign me up?....or should that be sign me sup... ;D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 08:53:38 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
I know everyone on the forum already has the PDF files, but for what it's worth, I posted an article about the magazine in a slide show format on Ke Nalu (www.kenalu.com). I'm pretty stoked about having a "Surfer's Journal" type SUP magazine. I'm such a sucker for Surfer's Journal. I've never subscribed, but I can't walk past a newstand without looking at the latest issue. Twenty minutes later I'm still looking, and ten minutes later I buy it.

The SUP Journal (what little we've seen of it) has me inspired. I'm going to try scuba diving with my SUP. I've been doing some bluewater spearfishing off a boat, I think doing it on a sup would be amazing. Of course if you stick a 150 pound Ulua you'll have a long afternoon ahead of you. Like bowhunting for Elk on foot. The fun's over once you get one.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

StandUpPaddleSurf.net

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »
The mag looks pretty sweet and from all the placeholders in the pdf Clay's done a great job signing up advertisers.

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »
The mag looks great and I think Clay really took into consideration all aspects of the sport.  I am looking forward to a copy-March is waaaay to far away.   Oh well I guess I can live off of SUP ZONE till then. LOL
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

clayfeeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Standup Journal, "The Original Standup Mag"
a New Print Mag "howdy" from Standup Journal publisher Clay Feeter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 05:39:24 AM »
Hey all,
It's Clay here, publisher, floor sweeper and head bottle washer of Standup surf & sail Journal. Very stoked that you have welcomed my publication. I've been surfing and windsurfing forever, grew up in Calif. and Oregon and now find myself on a lake in New England, an hour from the coast, the best of both worlds...

...when I bought a nice carbon sup paddle last Feb. and started doing the standup thing on an old Mistral Superlight board I -- like everybody on this forum -- "got it" immediately!

Most of my Journal is off to press already, except for the sup mega feature. We arrive in subscribers' mailboxes March 1st.

Thanks Bill and Team Ponohouse/StandupZone for triggering this great forum that has already led to some of you sending me sweet images for next issue.

Congrats to Bill for such a lively forum; very psyched to be aligned with such energy!

Standup Journal focuses on very high quality images!

You can subscribe via our old merchant/subscribe page under the windsurfjournal.us site's subscribe page (we'll change that after we get to press). We cover windsurfing and sup in one mag.

You can subscribe at: StandupJournal.com/subscribe

Happy New Year,
              -Clay
                clay@standupjournal.com
www.standupjournal.com
"You don't always have to leave blood on the keyboards... but it should feel like you did."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal