Author Topic: Leleo Kinimaka Video  (Read 4410 times)

Blane Chambers

Leleo Kinimaka Video
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:57:34 PM »
Some archive old footage but still pretty cool.     Most of this footage is over a year old.     You should see him surf now on the current boards! :o
http://kinimakakuiluna.com/flash/vid1.html

Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 08:02:04 PM by Blane Chambers »

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Leleo Kinimaka Video
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »
awesome!!...and so clear!! even when the camera is waaaay on the beach...he even got deeeeply barrelled too.... ;D

i know of course the short boards can rip all over the wave but i really like it when someone is out on a looongboard tearing it up...i dont know what he is on in the first part of this clip but it looks like a 13 footer or something...i like the full on roundhouse cutbacks whipping that sucker all...the way...aroooouuuunnnnddd ....very cool... ;D

http://kinimakakuiluna.com/flash/vid2.html
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 10:30:07 PM by steamroller »

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:46:34 AM »
Beautiful ...I just watch it over and over...thanks BC...

kito

• On the coast again
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »
 Thanks Bradah Blane, Nothing Like Watching Fluid Surfing.
Post more when You can!
Landlocked four years😬

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:45:04 PM »
The crowd roars....(sounds of cheering)....encore, encore!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:52:47 AM »
Brilliant..Thanks for posting it.

DJ

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 05:20:47 AM »
I love watching Leleo rip.  Keep posting videos.  Nice work.
Aloha,
Tom English
Aloha,
Tom English

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 05:35:01 AM »
Man am I running up Leleo's bandwidth,

Under the lip top turns, ripping down the line runs, in the pocket  whacks...Whewww!

Added bonus: it is just so nice to see clean surf like that.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 06:13:28 AM »
Blane

Thanks for the video.The clarity of the footage was amazing. Thats better than all other internet video segments,    ie...   You tube, real player ect...   

I usually paddle small East Coast Surf and yesterday I experienced overhead clean conditions and was blown away at the ease of catching waves, the speed I generated and maneuverabilty on the wave I was able to obtain.  Opened my eyes. Now I can appreciate watching SUP in larger waves.
  Thanks for sharing....      Happy New Year to all...
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

Blane Chambers

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »
Thanks guys...    That pulled in nose board he was riding was one of the first ones I did last year.      Back then we were tripping how good that 9-6 worked.   Now, it seems like a dog and we'd never ride it!   Haha!     It was one of if not  the first completely functional, pulled in nose, shorter boards made for SUP ripping.       People were kinda freaking when it first came out.

The 10 footer on the left is the one Ikaika first rode pipe with...   

He actually made this to the shoulder and finished the wave.

Second time I surfed it here...   I can remember the way it allowed us to change directions so quickly compared to what we were all riding.    When I first rode it I was thinking,  "Yup, this is the future!"

I can't wait to put together the vid of what the guys on our boards are doing now.   Way, way, way mind blowing!     

noa

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »
Thanks guys...    That pulled in nose board he was riding was one of the first ones I did last year.      Back then we were tripping how good that 9-6 worked.   Now, it seems like a dog and we'd never ride it!   Haha! 

Blane, thanks you for keeping our eyes opened to inovative shapes, you're one of a kind in that field. what changes have you made to make that unreal board feel like a dog today ? keep on stoking us...

Blane Chambers

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »
 [/quote]

what changes have you made to make that unreal board feel like a dog today ?
[/quote]

That board is a mere shadow of what we are on now.   Everything from outline to foils, rockers to rail contours has been refined and upgraded since then.      It was a great launching point for what was to come.   That 9-6 was a huge leap in design and performance for us.     

Its kinda how things have gone where we changed a little bit, little bit, little bit then boom, a huge change.   The huge changes are fewer and farther between but we're getting closer and closer to our performance goals.       Without giving away to much I can say with confidence next year we'll have boards that will be absolutely fine tuned performance rippers that can still be paddled and glide into waves.

Until I see the type of surfing I've been visualizing on our boards, the refinements will keep coming.   Honestly, we're not even close to where I'd like to take it.    These guys are all ripping but not even close to what is possible....

Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 02:24:59 PM »
Amazing this pictures! :o mahalo.
Blane, huge changes?  :-X  ???   ::) for big wave sup'ing as well as small wave sup'ing?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 02:29:45 PM by Paddle-Papple »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 08:49:56 AM »
Holy smokes. When I grow up I want to be able to surf like that. Not afraid to go late, is he. Those lip turns are amazing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal