Author Topic: You banned the French guy and deleted his post?  (Read 6188 times)

El Barrendero

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
You banned the French guy and deleted his post?
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:27:43 PM »
I had already seen that B4 Waterhog spoof on craigslist and elsewhere days ago.That's pretty harsh whether he had anything to do with it or was just passing along a chuckle.

“Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence in itself." - Potter Stewart

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: You banned the French guy and deleted his post?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:17:09 PM »
Yup,
Projected and fake IP addresses to hide actual location, mean spiritedness aimed anonymously at others, etc.  Not welcome here.  Plenty of forums for that.  I am guessing that Craig felt the same.

El Barrendero

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »
I think it's called satire but hey, what do I know?

Byronmaui

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:22:27 PM »
El Bandito why do you even hang here if you are so anti SUP. Please shed some light because I am confused.

Aloha

Byron

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:18:41 AM »
The thing is, most of us here don't care if things get a bit off topic, if someone wants to post about the skating, sufing, kiting, windsurfing, skiing session they just had.  As long as it loosely relates, we are good by it.  But honestly, it seemed to me that that Craigslist post was written with the intent of bringing specific individuals down a notch.  Tons of shite outside the door, plenty of time to wade in it.  Better to keep this place about stoke. 

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »
Good job admin and thats why we like it here. ;D We  don't have to wade through all the chocolate hostages to get the real poop on our sport;)
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 07:14:52 PM »
If we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at? :o In New England we call that sarcasm. You guys might lose some street cred. ;)

Blane Chambers

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »
I don't have time to go into the whole twisted story but this guy below did some very illegal  things towards us.        I cannot begin to tell you how much this guy made trouble for us...   >:(     I'm still having to deal with his malicious acts.      He never thought we would find him but he has to be thankful we never pressed charges against him and had the FEDs go after him...     

He's also the one who did the B4 mock ad and a months worth of other craigslist crap against SUP.    Here in Hawaii, if you're gonna do stupid stuff online, you better be ready to deal with the entire surf community.     We banned together to find this hater.   SUP people and non SUP surfers will not stand for internet BS here in Hawaii.         The influencial and heavy individuals on all shores will do their part to bring people to justice.     Hiding behind the keyboard doing mean things to others is a crime.    We won't stand for it.   

El Barrendero, you may think it was all fun and games but  there are a lot of people who are sick of the haters and trolls and I'm talking non SUP surfers too.   That B4 thing went way beyond satire and comedy.   It was mean spirited and full of hate.      The bogus french guy WAS the same guy as below.    I wouldn't be surprised if we know who you are too.    I wouldn't be surprised if I talked to you lately and you are/were on "The list".   This guy below had the balls to move here from some other place and cause trouble to the people who were born and raised here and make negative character comments about one of the most respected, giving Hawaiians in the entire state of Hawaii.     Sheesh!   

For me this saga is over and time to continue with the stoke.    Close the book on this one.     Hope everyone gets good waves!

Aloha,
Blane

My most Sincere Apology to the SUP Community--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-515570692@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-12-20, 2:02PM HST

I was the one copying and posting the fake ads yesterday and the day before knocking half off of the SUP boards. I have come to realize that my childish actions have hurt the good people who make these boards, buy these boards and surf these boards. For that I am truly sorry. I acted alone while posting those fake ads so please blame no one but me. I apologize to those who are associated by knowing me.

sirwanksalot/Rocky Rockbottom 

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 515570692

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »
Wow. Thanks for the back story on that.

Merry Christmas over there- hope you guys get some good surf out this next one coming.

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »

... towards us. 
     ..... for us... 
  ....we would .
....thankful we ......

deal with the entire surf community.     We banned together to find this hater.   SUP people and non SUP surfers will not stand for internet BS here in Hawaii.         The influencial and heavy individuals on all shores will do their part to bring people to justice.     Hiding behind the keyboard doing mean things to others is a crime.    We won't stand for it.   

.... we know who you are too.   

i second that....we're all in this together...as far as i have experienced in the SUP community out here and in socal and the few times ive ridden a SUP in hawaii...WE are all friends....automatically...it just goes without saying...we all bruddahs out in the water

...the way it used to be ....the way it should be...before the "california attitude" started screwing peoples minds up...

there will  always be the haters out there but  hopefully WE...the SUP community...can keep it together    ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:27:49 PM by steamroller »

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »
Whoa sheesh I neva know that guy was so bad. Anywho  My streetcred joke was just a joke but I still want to know who th PSH rep is out here B.C. We are starved on the East coast.

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »
And one more thing, It does not matter what you ride, it's how you ride it.

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 07:27:02 PM »
Here he is trying to make amends on surfermag's forum. Before you click on the link, I should warn you that the responses to his post show the usual lack of intelligence found on that site, so you may not want to bother:
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=1291126&Searchpage=1&Main=1291126&Words=+sirwanksalot&topic=&Search=true#Post1291126

Blane Chambers

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »
I'm willing to bet he posted it there because HE KNOWS it would get that kind of response.       Goes to show you just how sorry he is...   I don't buy it.      He's not out of the woods yet...    He pissed off sooo many people here,   I think he will have to deal with this for years.   

I hear he is suspected of causing all kinds of internet troubles.        I also heard some very serious guys were out hoping to run into him today for a little chat.       Here's the very cool thing to know...   EVERYONE on the internet is visible for those who know how and want to find you.      Post what you are willing to pay for...

As far as the haters go, they can speak their mind.       Whatever.   Free country, free speech.     Cross the line to breaking the law then they gotta pay.     Pretty simple.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:13:27 PM by Blane Chambers »

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »
Hah- just paddle surfed this morning with a shaper friend who relayed this same story with more details to me- seems like that dude is barred. Internet tough guy... hah.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill