Author Topic: Nothing innovative here but....  (Read 5468 times)

Kaweeka

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing innovative here but....
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 06:59:17 PM »
Been doing that run for almost 30 years (with a 2 bladed paddle) and can relate to the trials and tribulations of a great day versus chasing mirages.  Then again you can be almost to the end, catch a wave that goes forever, and the whole run is good.  As for too much work I'm just adjusting to the stand up part and do not mind the effort involved just thinking long term (and a little concerned about how much this new "habit" might cost!). 

I'd like to buy something that would work across the full spectrum from beginner to when I'm confident enough to head outside.  If I can get a board to both surf the small stuff (winter on the south shore), do some shorter downwind runs to begin with, and then always have it in the quiver for the blustery days – that would be ideal!  Will keep looking for that used (disposable) board and come see you for a “rocket” when I have my sea legs firmly developed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Big Island Mike

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
Blane, let me know when you want to do Maliko, I have a lot of friends there who paddleboard to hook up with for downwinders. I am ready to send my f16 over and leave it there for a while. I know Leleo is up for it on his new one (he has been going every day training) then maybe do one Flemings beach to Kaunakakai Warf.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
I'm going to start doing a lot of long downwinders as soon as I get back to the island. Best way to toast the flab off. It's funny, I used to get skinny in the summer and fat in winter, now it's the other way around since I spend the winter in Maui and the summer racing cars.

Looks like most of the really fast distance paddles are using F15's I'm going to have to get Mark to let us try one for the Board and Paddle test.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal