Author Topic: SUP or Ski?  (Read 12899 times)

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP or Ski?
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
breakin' out a couple pairs of permagrin 10's,

I saw you said you were taking permagrin snow shoes. I love them. A friend started the company in Colorado years ago but they sold the company. i still have 2 pairs and i used them alot before i Moved to Hawaii now they are collecting dust. Where did you get yours?

Have a great trip and carve some turns for me

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2008, 02:14:47 PM »
Wow, sounds like quite the adventure you have planned. I hate any trip that requires avalanche beacons. It's a lot of responsibility for you and the rest of the group members! I'm sure you'll find some awesome powder though... I always miss out because I am too chicken to go into that 37 degree sweet spot!

We really must have a lot of cold weather SUPers here. Who can believe the ski thread is four pages long?

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »
heheheh... was trying to get chris and jim at uli to set me up in time so that i could drop into the bowls on one of those zeppelins. wouldn't that be a hoot. plan to hook up with them later 'cause they've been just too busy with trade shows 'n all.

I saw you said you were taking permagrin snow shoes. I love them. A friend started the company in Colorado years ago but they sold the company. i still have 2 pairs and i used them alot before i Moved to Hawaii now they are collecting dust. Where did you get yours?

Have a great trip and carve some turns for me

yeah, you can feel the love that they used to put into those original crescentmoons... got mine while out in bc back in y2k. not too keen on what's been done with the design lately. if you ever talk to your old friend, tell them that they were sooooo good i picked up a second pair to share and just in case they weren't going to be available in the future (no regrets). remember that it still snows up there on the volcano but if you are even thinking about setting them free, i'd be glad to foster them for you until you need them again some day.

if you listen very hard you just might hear the sound we make swerving those curves for ya...

Sounds like you are getting serious Shape... ;D

Get yourself one of the new avalanche air bags. Pull the rip and it blows up to give you an air pocket.

Explain the woodworking/biofilm connection.

man oh man, wish i had some time to grab one of those things along the way! i do have the mustang inflatable pfd which would provide some buoyancy and the bright orange marker should i run afoul (hey, it's only water). now, if it was only o2 instead of just co2 in those cartridges,  one could probably access the manual inflation tube to breath in the contents of the bladder for a few more minutes of air. too bad limbs all too often become useless in those situations. thanks for the lowdown... now i'm on a mission to find me an airbag.

regarding the developments in  biotech... while attempting to reverse engineer the varnishing techniques of the master violin makers of cremona, i came across an ancient medicinal compound. at the time i was also looking into paddle grip solutions inspired by the wood burning you had done. mine is a resinous application. long story short... i have come up with a killer skin cream (bacteriostatic) which although yet to be tested seems to make the hands and feet grippier when wet. hmmmmm... now what could that be possibly used for?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:31:58 PM by shapeshifter »
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
Ever tape up your Hockey stick? I just pust a sweet grip on my paddle just like on an old Titan or Koho... Hockey Tape is like sticky cloth and works perfect. One layer of electrical tape on the blade and it's good enough for a couple of sessions. Ya just tape it up like you are getting ready for the big game. Got up into the 60's in Beantown today!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
OH man Shape....a Uli in the powder....too cool!

A true rennaisance man....inventor of the new super SUP hand and foot cream...a secret recipe found while researching the varnish of 16th century italian violin masters... 8)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 06:53:05 PM »
Get a grip. ;D

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »
You're reminding me of my youth tree. We used to rent the ice at Boston University on Friday nights at midnight. Nobody usually rented after us so we could stay late. Skated many times for 5-6 hours. Tough after partying. Especially since we'd have just enough for two shifts usually and slowing down was not an option.

Taping your stick was an artform....  :D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »
Yes it still is. Twist the tape and spiral for the finger holds, with half a roll on the end so the big goon on the other team won't knock it out of your hands when he cross checks you into the boards. Smash! ;D It  seems to work well with my mitts on,  and It'll razor off easy when it warms up round here in late august...

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill