Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 6383 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Welcome!
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:47:01 AM »
Welcome to Stand Up Zone.  The strength of any online community lies in its users.  We would encourage you to register and make your first post today (heh, you are already here ).  Please introduce yourself, bookmark the site, check back often, and tell a friend.  Together, we can make this a valuable resource, and the strongest online community of this kind!

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
I am liking what I see so far. I have just started to SUP on an old windsurf board. I have an 11'6" 30" wide Island Epoxy being shaped for me. I can't wait to get it. The windsurfer works, but is fairly unstable compared to a true SUP board. My friend that paddles with me has one, and I ride ocasionaly. It is soooooo much easier than the windsurfer. I should have mine this week, hopefully.
 We just got in from a 5.3 mile paddle up the Beach this morning. I am loving SUP, mostly because I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida, and it is perpetualy flat for months at a time over here. This is a great way to get out on the water, and even catch a few little ankle slappers.

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 05:15:13 PM »
Hi Russ,
So cool to hear that you are cruising it in the Gulf.  Flat water days can be amazing fun.  Checking out the fish, colors etc.  I think it is likely great for your skills that you have stuck with it on a tricky board to use.  It will seem oh so easy when your new ride shows up!  Send us a link to the shaper Island epoxy if you have one.  I would like to get a resources list going for all SUP products that we can make a sticky post in the gear forum.

Best,
Randy

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:08 AM »
Yeah I ride my buds SUP board once in a while, and it is soooooooooooo easy compared to mine LOL . Mine should be ready this weekend, but I am going to South Carolina. I'll get it when I get back though, and then it is on. I will be out on it at least 3 time a week. We where following a little, 2 foot, Black Tip Shark 2 weeks ago. He was chasing the little baitfish near Shore.
 Here is a link to the website of the Shop I am getting my Board from ... http://www.oceansportsworld.com/index.html . They are just starting to get into it, and don't have much advertising going on yet. But if you call them, or anyone else for that matter, talk to Roy or Tom , they are the owners, and realy nice guys.

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:31:09 AM »
Hi Russ,
Who is the shaper (or what is the brand) of the board you are getting?  I would like to add them to the list we posted http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0 if possible.  Be sure to send some photos when available.  I will email the guys at the shop you linked and invite them over.  Thanks!

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 06:55:19 AM »
I actualy don't know the shapers full name, but his first name is Roy. And the boards label is Island Epoxy. I will post pics as soon as I get it, which won't be until next week when I get back from South Carolina.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal