Author Topic: Montauk Nor Easter....  (Read 3244 times)

SUPer Dave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Montauk Nor Easter....
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:26 AM »
We must of got 24 + inches of snow..looked outside at my truck, i had 90 feet of snow in front of my truck with snow drifts to waist high to the road..Dug the baby out...
Check the surf down the block it was fireing... No tracks yet in a couple feet of powder Made some sick S turns in the lot ...
Here are a few shots...
One friend called me to say she had a bunch of better Photos..hopefully i can post a few good surf shots..
Waves were sooo fun , To head n half + high.. i think it was 10 to 12 foot at 12 seconds..at our bouy..
Air temp maybe 25 degree. Winds streight offshore NNW @ 20-25 gust over 30 .Swell direction from the SSE.Just standing the waves up..Clean ..very nice water texture inside..not right for the gun but good on the round nose..
SUPer late drops few close outs..Only me and two good friends out..me on my round nose 8/10 SUP..
One guy on a 6/0 fish..
And Mike on his ShLong board..Everybody got waves, the fish was kinda undergunned...,  7 mill booties.... 5 mil lobster claw..5/4 exell wet suit..toast warm...Oh yea one hooded fleece and one short sleve fleece under the suit..

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Montauk Nor Easter....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:46:01 AM »
yeowzer, dave, that looks pretty cold and hairy out there.  i realized too late that we had waves here, but the ones i saw were super long period, like as long as i've seen recently.  beautiful left working.  only, i was too late.  btw/ what boots are you wearing?  and, are you wearing any extra stuff on your head or is it just the xcel hood?

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »
Looks like fun Dave.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Distressed Mullet

• Rincon Status
  • For the people who paddle
    • View Profile
    • Distressed Mullet
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
We must of got 24 + inches of snow..looked outside at my truck, i had 90 feet of snow in front of my truck with snow drifts to waist high to the road..Dug the baby out...
Check the surf down the block it was fireing... No tracks yet in a couple feet of powder Made some sick S turns in the lot ...
Here are a few shots...
One friend called me to say she had a bunch of better Photos..hopefully i can post a few good surf shots..
Waves were sooo fun , To head n half + high.. i think it was 10 to 12 foot at 12 seconds..at our bouy..
Air temp maybe 25 degree. Winds streight offshore NNW @ 20-25 gust over 30 .Swell direction from the SSE.Just standing the waves up..Clean ..very nice water texture inside..not right for the gun but good on the round nose..
SUPer late drops few close outs..Only me and two good friends out..me on my round nose 8/10 SUP..
One guy on a 6/0 fish..
And Mike on his ShLong board..Everybody got waves, the fish was kinda undergunned...,  7 mill booties.... 5 mil lobster claw..5/4 exell wet suit..toast warm...Oh yea one hooded fleece and one short sleve fleece under the suit..

Dave,

I gave your name to Leslie Astin Kolovich who was looking to intervew SUP paddlers who are getting out there in the cold. She's great. the show is fun and easy. You just call her.

John
Nothing heals like water time

SUPer Dave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
Yo Erik....Hey believe it or not..Im in a cheap pair of bodyglove 7 mil booties..they were free..My last pair were Exel Thermospan..the Exel were not as grippy as the bodyglove..BTW..i wax...My Pad..Monster grip on all my boards now..
Thanks John ...
Erik have you been using the clip ??

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 04:14:54 AM »
er eh i lost that great gift of a clip (thanks!) on the way back home that time  :P and i haven't been to REI to pick up another.  have you made good use of it recently?  seems like just the ticket for the woolly day into those pix.

all my boots have leaks in them from the rocks aroun here.  i heard good things about the xcel drylocks; might give them a try next...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 05:57:32 AM »
Hardcore, good on ya. I used to make a point of surfing the Oregon Coast between Christmas and New Year. Always the best waves of the year. But now I'm older, chicken-er, and um, I live in Maui.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPer Dave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
Erik....you wont find that clip at REI..shame on you for loosing it.. Yup i use it every real SUP session...

PilonSUP

• Peahi Status
  • Southern zone Costa Rica, Pavones
    • View Profile
    • Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Boarding
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »
give um bra,core to da max...
is that a skill100,come on down and make us some sweet sticks,hard to find anything other then popouts round here..
Humm,a paddle shaped like a snow shovel,just a thought.

SUPer Dave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »
Pilon..My Friend..
Whats August like in Pavones..??...
I dont shape...I ride for Nature shape Surf and Paddleboard..check out the site..
Work with a great Board shaper..Mike Becker..
We are on our fifth 8/10  made in the last year and a half..Been refining the 8/10s..i Love tweaking these rides..Making another 8/10 round nose as we speak...its going to Indonesia along with my 8/10 gun...Lets make you a sick board..ill bring it down.. Dave

PilonSUP

• Peahi Status
  • Southern zone Costa Rica, Pavones
    • View Profile
    • Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Boarding
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 06:03:19 PM »
August is good,come on down... were in the middle of a two weeks of head high swell in the off season only bout 4-6 people out,3-4 hours go outs,70+waves caught...must hydrate. Kinda lonely with one sup out,me! wish you were here man.....but you must focus on indo!!!
shortest thing got round these parts is the 9'8 super fish,nice BUT...yea we need your help.
me bro is  trying to get a BF maui ,let me talk to him maybe we'll hui up and get some boards.
Also let be known,another friend has real nice vacation rentals over lookin the whole place,he'll trade time for a board, board&cash,just trying ta hook a brother up...sorry, I"ll try to take some pic's manana..
pura vida

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal